Bruce Arians confident because they beat the Colts...

tom sawyer

Reaction score
...and we didn't

:roll:

“I think they’re a very good team, but I think they’ve lost games this year —— and to teams we beat,” Arians said http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardina ... inals.html

team"S"

Uh... I think you mean TEAM. Bruce.

But hey... you gotta believe in your team, I respect that. Just don't minimize the SEAHAWKS..please!!

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Meanwhile, the Seahawks are confident because they beat the Cardinals :lol:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Vpk0718":2u19vqns said:
Meanwhile, the Seahawks are confident because they beat the Cardinals :lol:

Exactly. This is so laughable pathetic.

"We can beat the Seahawks because we beat a team that beat them.

Meanwhile, they kicked our butts in our house a few weeks ago."

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Oops, he forgot to mention that they lost to the Saints and Rams, teams we beat. Hmmm.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
hey everyone it's bruce arians

Verne-Troyer_1005042c.jpg

Polaris

Reaction score
No, Arians is saying what he has to say, and he's clearly grasping at straws. Anyone that's actually followed the NFL this year knows that the Colts that lost to Arizona was a shell of the team that Seattle (and to be fair San Fran) faced. Honestly, virtually no one believes that the game this weekend will be particularly close let alone that Arizona really has a chance.

Arians has to put the best face on it he can. Mind you, the Cards are good, but no one beats Seattle in Seattle, and given that the division is on the line (as well as HFA), you can be sure that the Seahawks will be playing at their best.

Frankly the best hope Arizona had was to have had Seattle beat San Fran in the 'stick. Then this game would be meaningless for Seattle. Now this game is a game Seattle NEEDS to win...and they will (that's not saying it's must-win btw).

sutz

Reaction score
Confidence is that feeling you have before you understand the situation.

;)

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If that is the best reason they have to be confident...they should be very concerned.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hard to blame Arians, he has to try and find every silver lining he can in order to instill some confidence in his team............................before they come into the Clink and get demolished.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with him not wanting to call our team dominant. Did we look dominant at Indy, at SF, or home against the Bucs or Titans?

We're having a fantastic season, but it has also been one where every few games, we play poorly in one area or another. Can anyone really defend the way our defense played the first half against the (at the time) winless Bucs at home when we went down 21-0? Offense as well at that point, for that matter?

*shrug*

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1tocwg7t said:
I don't have a problem with him not wanting to call our team dominant. Did we look dominant at Indy, at SF, or home against the Bucs or Titans?

We're having a fantastic season, but it has also been one where every few games, we play poorly in one area or another. Can anyone really defend the way our defense played the first half against the (at the time) winless Bucs at home when we went down 21-0? Offense as well at that point, for that matter?

*shrug*

Well, if not for the blatantly terrible call on the ETIII interception, it wouldn't have been 21-0 but at worst 14-0.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
What Bruce or any other Cardinals Coach, Player or Fan thinks, believes and/or states to the press or types on a message board is utterly and completely inconsequential to the ass beating their team is about to receive...

He and the Cardinals are, right now, akin to an astronomer there at the ol' Lowell Observatory looking through one of those big telescopes and seeing a giant asteroid the size of the moon hurdling straight towards the Earth 3 days out... he sees it comin' and he's helpless to stop it...

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Didn't realize the Cards are 7-1 since playing us, pretty impressive. Haven't scored less than 27 points that entire span, aside from a three point loss at Philly with 24 points. I have a feeling this is going to be a tougher game than most of us are expecting, they seem to be playing pretty well right now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3qd6fg0h said:

*shrug*

The reason I'm confident this weekend is because the only thing that slows this team down enough for other teams to be in games is one thing...........lack of motivation.

When properly motivated, we destroy teams, and that will be the case this weekend. #1 seed + HFA + first round bye + locking up the NFC West = sorry Cards, see ya next year.

Polaris

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":o3ljl4v7 said:
Didn't realize the Cards are 7-1 since playing us, pretty impressive. Haven't scored less than 27 points that entire span, aside from a three point loss at Philly with 24 points. I have a feeling this is going to be a tougher game than most of us are expecting, they seem to be playing pretty well right now.

I have complete confidence especially in Seattle that the 'hawks not only can but will beat anyone, Denver and New England included. The Cards may be playing well, but they aren't in that class.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I still expect the Hawks to win, I just didn't realize the Cardinals were on this good of a run. I think it will be a good indicator heading into the playoffs

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I said earlier this week that the Cardinals would have 11 or 12 wins as of right now if they were in the NFC Least, and I stand by that statement.

Sarlacc83":2iya50ol said:
Well, if not for the blatantly terrible call on the ETIII interception, it wouldn't have been 21-0 but at worst 14-0.
Yeah, but a lot of games every week have qualifiers like that for one team or the other. Things happen. Either way, going down 14-0 at home to a winless team halfway into the season is unacceptable.

Polaris

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2fh3ipz8 said:
I still expect the Hawks to win, I just didn't realize the Cardinals were on this good of a run. I think it will be a good indicator heading into the playoffs

Look at the Card's schedule. The Card's after they played us were blessed with a whole bunch of creampuffs, and then had the good fortune to face teams that were tough earlier in the season when they were only shells of their former selves (Colts...looking at you).

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1gfo4ihq said:
I said earlier this week that the Cardinals would have 11 or 12 wins as of right now if they were in the NFC Least, and I stand by that statement.

Sarlacc83":1gfo4ihq said:
Yeah, but a lot of games every week have qualifiers like that for one team or the other. Things happen. Either way, going down 14-0 at home to a winless team halfway into the season is unacceptable.

Yeah, it was crappy, but at the same time the offense could've done a lot more in that game, too.