Bruce Arians confident because they beat the Colts...

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Polaris":384upo09 said:
AbsolutNET":384upo09 said:
I still expect the Hawks to win, I just didn't realize the Cardinals were on this good of a run. I think it will be a good indicator heading into the playoffs

Look at the Card's schedule. The Card's after they played us were blessed with a whole bunch of creampuffs, and then had the good fortune to face teams that were tough earlier in the season when they were only shells of their former selves (Colts...looking at you).

I guess I have a hard time with the logic that when another team is good, it's because they play bad teams, but when the Hawks beat bad teams it's because they're good. The games after Ari for Seattle were STL, TB, ATL, Minn. Not exactly world beaters either, but we get credit for winning them. I'm just affording another team the same, and i don't think it's unfair to say that Arizona is playing good football and will probably be the most physical team we've seen this side of SF.

pmedic920

Reaction score
he5usa9u.jpg

Nuff said !!!!

drdiags

Reaction score
I have no doubt that the Cardinals will put up a fight this weekend. Losing Honey Badger does hurt them in this matchup. He did a good job of shadowing Wilson and he was an impact player on their defense all season. Washington and Abraham were eating up our backup tackles and had Wilson running for his life.

I expect a much stronger pocket this time around, though the Cardinals will still be buzzing around Wilson all game. It is the running game that will be the tale of the tape. If they bottle up the run, this game could look like the Rams game as far as offensive production. That could allow the Cardinals to hang around and pull off the upset.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bottom line, we can't let a guy who looks and dresses like this beat us. We just can't.

Bb3wMavIQAAkE1a

Polaris

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":2py260gz said:
Polaris":2py260gz said:
AbsolutNET":2py260gz said:
I still expect the Hawks to win, I just didn't realize the Cardinals were on this good of a run. I think it will be a good indicator heading into the playoffs

Look at the Card's schedule. The Card's after they played us were blessed with a whole bunch of creampuffs, and then had the good fortune to face teams that were tough earlier in the season when they were only shells of their former selves (Colts...looking at you).

I guess I have a hard time with the logic that when another team is good, it's because they play bad teams, but when the Hawks beat bad teams it's because they're good. The games after Ari for Seattle were STL, TB, ATL, Minn. Not exactly world beaters either, but we get credit for winning them. I'm just affording another team the same, and i don't think it's unfair to say that Arizona is playing good football and will probably be the most physical team we've seen this side of SF.

Yet you can not ignore the impact of who you play and when you play them has. Don't take my word. Look at the DVOA of both teams not just now but week by week since we've played the cards last. The Cards have benefited from a soft middle of the schedule and the collapse of what were strong teams at the start of the season. That's not to say the Cardinals of bad. They are very good in fact (ranked around 10th I believe), but they aren't in our class esp in Seattle.

That isn't to say that the 'hawks can afford to sleep on them, but with the Division and HFA on the line, I am confident they won't.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":z7er205q said:
Bottom line, we can't let a guy who looks and dresses like this beat us. We just can't.

Bb3wMavIQAAkE1a

The Cards are coached by Bobcat Goldthwait?!

Bobcat goldthwait 4
522033_10200322797223746_548184587_n.jpg

Polaris

Reaction score
I will also say this. If you look at Cardinals film, the Cards blitz 48% of the time (highest in the NFL) and they blitzed Wilson the last time 70% of the time.

Now they are down the Honey Badger on the back end, and we have our starting line back.

I don't think I need to tell the rest of you what happens to teams that blitz Russell Wilson. Suffice it to say that it's not a pretty picture....

OP
OP
tom sawyer

tom sawyer

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":33znsap3 said:
Didn't realize the Cards are 7-1 since playing us, pretty impressive. Haven't scored less than 27 points that entire span, aside from a three point loss at Philly with 24 points. I have a feeling this is going to be a tougher game than most of us are expecting, they seem to be playing pretty well right now.

And THAT would have made sense for Bruce to be confident about.

But not about the Colts win.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Polaris":2daaj2ro said:
AbsolutNET":2daaj2ro said:
Polaris":2daaj2ro said:
AbsolutNET":2daaj2ro said:

Yet you can not ignore the impact of who you play and when you play them has.

That's all I was getting at, is that we are playing a team that is winning ball games and scoring quite a few points right now. I think the Hawks win, but the Cards are playing good football and are physical, it's not what we're used to with that team.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
What's he supposed to say?

"We have no shot. Lets just focus on 2014"

Polaris

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1ggx61lv said:
What's he supposed to say?

"We have no shot. Lets just focus on 2014"

Exactly. Arians is saying what he has to say. If he said what everyone else out there knows pretty much to be true, he'd kill morale on his team deader than Disco.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1s7m7tzc said:
Didn't realize the Cards are 7-1 since playing us, pretty impressive. ... I have a feeling this is going to be a tougher game than most of us are expecting, they seem to be playing pretty well right now.
It's 6-1, but look at who they beat:

Atlanta
Houston
Jacksonville
Indy
St. Louis
Tennessee

Yes, they are wins but only one of those teams is above .500, right?

Polaris

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":16mrec0o said:
AbsolutNET":16mrec0o said:
Didn't realize the Cards are 7-1 since playing us, pretty impressive. ... I have a feeling this is going to be a tougher game than most of us are expecting, they seem to be playing pretty well right now.

Atlanta
Houston
Jacksonville
Indy
St. Louis
Tennessee

Not only that but if you've seen Indy (the only team above 0.500) play recently, they are a SHELL of what they were when they amassed a 5-2 record early and beat both San Fran and Seattle. Right now Indy is an above-average team at best.

253hawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":289s1mx1 said:
Well, if not for the blatantly terrible call on the ETIII interception, it wouldn't have been 21-0 but at worst 14-0.

1st TD set up by a horrible DPI call and uncharacteristic bad run defense
2nd TD was just a nice sustained drive by TB
3rd TD set up by Kearse fumbling KO return right after the last score and a trick play at the goal line

It was just a perfect storm in the 2nd quarter for a team that was playing like they had nothing to lose. Even the Jags hung in there close for the whole first half against the Broncos.

Polaris

Reaction score
253hawk":36cc9ndq said:
Sarlacc83":36cc9ndq said:
Well, if not for the blatantly terrible call on the ETIII interception, it wouldn't have been 21-0 but at worst 14-0.

1st TD set up by a horrible DPI call and uncharacteristic bad run defense
2nd TD was just a nice sustained drive by TB
3rd TD set up by Kearse fumbling KO return right after the last score and a trick play at the goal line

It was just a perfect storm in the 2nd quarter for a team that was playing like they had nothing to lose. Even the Jags hung in there close for the whole first half against the Broncos.

Give Coach Bradley and the Jags credit here. His Jags were the first team in the NFL that "solved" the Denver Broncos. He just didn't have the talent to come out with a win, but the rest of the NFL has taken the "Jags" playbook against the Broncos and the Broncos haven't been as dominant since.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I totally get BA needing to show his team the confidence, even putting pressure on them to win by sticking his neck out. He just used really bad logic in doing so.

The Cards can score points and everything, they won't be an easy game, but it is never really easy. There are times when the Hawks just demoralize a team and they look ridiculous, so it looks easier than what it is. When it comes down to it, their defense will likely present some trouble to an offense that can do what it needs to do to score points.

The Seahawks defense plays at a much higher level in the Clink, the noise will be a massive factor in this game and any success outside of the Clink means nothing at a Seahawks home game.

BA is looking at the best possible scenario like it is likely. He is doing everything he can to avoid addressing the reality of how the Hawks play at home.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Condensing what a few people have said here, sure it's possible they beat us. They have been on a good run, so if they do everything right and we come out and pull a Tampa in the 1st half, it could be hard to dig out of.

I also agree that when playing teams like Tampa, the Hawks were either unmotivated or over looked those teams. It reminds me of San Diego a few years ago when they would start out like 1-4 then go on a tear and rip up the NFL the last 3/4 of the season. It was almost like that team was bored with playing until they had their backs to the wall.

I do love me some Bruce Arians though. Seriously, our team probably needs bulletin board material more than most do right now, and Bruce willingly provides it.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3208ukuu said:
AbsolutNET":3208ukuu said:

Atlanta
Houston
Jacksonville
Indy
St. Louis
Tennessee

I know another team that applies to....

I sincerely apologize for saying a team other than the Seahawks is playing well. I should know better.

Latest posts