My thoughts on the game

hawkfan68

Reaction score
LTH":3iyghxi6 said:
keasley45":3iyghxi6 said:
cymatica":3iyghxi6 said:
LTH":3iyghxi6 said:
I believe that My assessment of the game is solid. The reason we lost that game was due to QB play and corner play. the reason the Hawks were in a deep zone was because they don't have the corners to compete playing man to man they are down to their 3 or 4th string CB...

Look at where the Hawks have been drafting. You don't draft a Jalen Ramsey at # 25 in the draft order. you just don't. At some point the team has to have a a top ten draft to remain competitive especially in the NFC west. You can NOT stay competitive drafting where they draft unless you take chances in the draft and in FA and sometimes they don't work out.

There is a lot to like about this Seahawk team it's not as bad as you guys make it out to be.

As far as Wilson is concerned I don't even know what to say...Has he become un coachable? Do you live and die by the sword as Carroll puts it?

We are just going to have to wait and see how it plays out.

LTH

Patriots are always in the back of the draft, yet they still have a solid defense. I think Pete is just waaaay to concerned with the deep ball. He also likes to keep things simple. Bad combination IMO. It's why rookie and backup QB's shred the defense and every QB seems to have no problem nickel and diming their way down the field. Players just look like they are coached to run to their zones and stare at the qb while they concede catches in their zone.

The defense is playing without its #1 NCB, both top CBs, and its starting Safety.

Hard games are to be expected.

There's no excuse for the futility on offense in extended spurts.

It's interesting to see what the Rams gave up to draft Jalen Ramsy... 2 first round picks and a third...that is for an unproven draft pick.

I fail to see how the Hawks are supposed to draft Players like that at 25 or close to that? and why people think the Hawks should be competitive when 25 -27 teams have a chance every year for ten years to draft better players than the Hawks...

What's even more confusing to me is knowing this and seeing the Hawks are competitive despite drafting 25 positions lower than most teams they are expected to win a championship anyway. When they don't, people call for the firing of the head coach because he was too successful to have a decent draft pick position and couldn't produce pro bowl players from where he was drafting from. I don't get it..

Bill Belichick is probably the greatest NFL coach in the history of the game but with him as an exception who else? Maybe Andy Reid? the average time a coach is with a team is 3-4 years without a playoff appearance.

LTH

I believe you meant what the Rams gave up in trade for Jalen Ramsey. The Rams did not draft Ramsey; the Jags did.
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/07/rams-nfl-draft-jalen-ramsey-trade-jaguars/

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
hawkfan68":148aw643 said:
LTH":148aw643 said:
keasley45":148aw643 said:
cymatica":148aw643 said:
Patriots are always in the back of the draft, yet they still have a solid defense. I think Pete is just waaaay to concerned with the deep ball. He also likes to keep things simple. Bad combination IMO. It's why rookie and backup QB's shred the defense and every QB seems to have no problem nickel and diming their way down the field. Players just look like they are coached to run to their zones and stare at the qb while they concede catches in their zone.

The defense is playing without its #1 NCB, both top CBs, and its starting Safety.

Hard games are to be expected.

There's no excuse for the futility on offense in extended spurts.

It's interesting to see what the Rams gave up to draft Jalen Ramsy... 2 first round picks and a third...that is for an unproven draft pick.

I fail to see how the Hawks are supposed to draft Players like that at 25 or close to that? and why people think the Hawks should be competitive when 25 -27 teams have a chance every year for ten years to draft better players than the Hawks...

What's even more confusing to me is knowing this and seeing the Hawks are competitive despite drafting 25 positions lower than most teams they are expected to win a championship anyway. When they don't, people call for the firing of the head coach because he was too successful to have a decent draft pick position and couldn't produce pro bowl players from where he was drafting from. I don't get it..

Bill Belichick is probably the greatest NFL coach in the history of the game but with him as an exception who else? Maybe Andy Reid? the average time a coach is with a team is 3-4 years without a playoff appearance.

LTH

I believe you meant what the Rams gave up in trade for Jalen Ramsey. The Rams did not draft Ramsey; the Jags did.
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/05/07/rams-nfl-draft-jalen-ramsey-trade-jaguars/

Yep I screwed that one up LOL but the point still stands LOL