My thoughts on the game

LTH

Reaction score
This is NOT the way I ever imagined this game to happen. They should have won that game Penny was 17 carries for 135. They didn't turn the ball over. Russ was 16 out of 27 for 188 2 TDS he was ok till the 4th quarter then they just went flat... he couldn't hit anything. O line was run blocking Russ had time to throw the ball they gave up 2 sacks. But again, lost the TOP badly Hawks 21.37 to bears 38.25. and AGAIN a missed easy FG that would have put the game away.

I thought the D played well held Chicago to 88 yards rushing off of 30 carries. a couple of Goal line stands. Hawks had 4 sacks. I saw 3 major problems. the first was Chicago was picking on John Reid our 4th string CB and then I don't think Sidney Jones had a great game. they really missed DJ Reed. the second was 3rd down conversion and the third was I think the D just ran out of gas in the 4th and before you start wondering why Norton was playing a lot of deep zone remember they have to protect the corners from big plays. this has been a problem almost all year. It's been a problem keeping our corners healthy and they paid the price today. The other thing I saw was John Reid vs Jimmi Graham? yeah not so much.

I really believe the short week along with the amount of time the D was on the field was a huge factor... and I don't care that Pete said it was not... It was.

I watched Petes PC and I watched Russ's PC I think both of them were serving just mouth service. there is an issue with Russ... i feel it in my bones. I just don't know for sure what it is and I don't think anyone else knows what it is. is he still hurt, did he lose confidence, does he want to be here? I s Ciara giving him crap for keeping her in Seattle... I don't know but we are not going to find out till the off season

I listened to Pete talk about how he should have reminded Russ not to take a sack on that one play in the 4th where they missed the FG and I was thinking to myself if you have to keep reminding him of that then there is a serious issue and I don't know why he would take responsibility for that, I mean Russ is a 10 year vet . I don't believe this game was on Pete even though he took responsibility for it. This game was lost in the 4th quarter and it wasn't because of the game plan. it wasn't because of the O line play, and it wasn't because of an inefficient rushing attack.

I am beyond frustrated. this year has been a total shit fest. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong in everyway imaginable. I just don't know what to think...

LTH

JPatera76

Reaction score
My thoughts? Pass Interferences and Taunting, are how refs can and WILL influence games and steer them.

The Push off from Jimmy Graham has me pissed. Dude was washed up shit here and talib sucked him off all game. Dude scored a TD off an OPI pushing off our CB and not a single flag was thrown. Anytime the bears needed a bail out, DPI .. F the nfl and thier betting.

Somos doces

Reaction score
JPatera76":qp5p6ld4 said:
My thoughts? Pass Interferences and Taunting, are how refs can and WILL influence games and steer them.

The Push off from Jimmy Graham has me pissed. Dude was washed up $h!t here and talib sucked him off all game. Dude scored a TD off an OPI pushing off our CB and not a single flag was thrown. Anytime the bears needed a bail out, DPI .. F the nfl and thier betting.
So the Bears only needed two bailouts? 'Cause I'm seeing just two DPIs called on the Seahawks — one on the first play of a drive and the other on 3rd and 10. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametrack ... 6_CHI@SEA/

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":79z3bcjz said:
This is NOT the way I ever imagined this game to happen. They should have won that game Penny was 17 carries for 135. They didn't turn the ball over. Russ was 16 out of 27 for 188 2 TDS he was ok till the 4th quarter then they just went flat... he couldn't hit anything. O line was run blocking Russ had time to throw the ball they gave up 2 sacks. But again, lost the TOP badly Hawks 21.37 to bears 38.25. and AGAIN a missed easy FG that would have put the game away.

I thought the D played well held Chicago to 88 yards rushing off of 30 carries. a couple of Goal line stands. Hawks had 4 sacks. I saw 3 major problems. the first was Chicago was picking on John Reid our 4th string CB and then I don't think Sidney Jones had a great game. they really missed DJ Reed. the second was 3rd down conversion and the third was I think the D just ran out of gas in the 4th and before you start wondering why Norton was playing a lot of deep zone remember they have to protect the corners from big plays. this has been a problem almost all year. It's been a problem keeping our corners healthy and they paid the price today. The other thing I saw was John Reid vs Jimmi Graham? yeah not so much.

I really believe the short week along with the amount of time the D was on the field was a huge factor... and I don't care that Pete said it was not... It was.

I watched Petes PC and I watched Russ's PC I think both of them were serving just mouth service. there is an issue with Russ... i feel it in my bones. I just don't know for sure what it is and I don't think anyone else knows what it is. is he still hurt, did he lose confidence, does he want to be here? I s Ciara giving him crap for keeping her in Seattle... I don't know but we are not going to find out till the off season

I listened to Pete talk about how he should have reminded Russ not to take a sack on that one play in the 4th where they missed the FG and I was thinking to myself if you have to keep reminding him of that then there is a serious issue and I don't know why he would take responsibility for that, I mean Russ is a 10 year vet . I don't believe this game was on Pete even though he took responsibility for it. This game was lost in the 4th quarter and it wasn't because of the game plan. it wasn't because of the O line play, and it wasn't because of an inefficient rushing attack.

I am beyond frustrated. this year has been a total shit fest. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong in everyway imaginable. I just don't know what to think...

LTH

You should not have to tell Wilson not to take a sack, he is a 10 year Vet, this is coaching and not keeping your foot on the gas, you could once again see it, it has been the issue for years and right now the talent isn't there to sustain this approach.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":1yx8cdf4 said:
LTH":1yx8cdf4 said:

I am beyond frustrated. this year has been a total $h!t fest. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong in everyway imaginable. I just don't know what to think...

LTH

You should not have to tell Wilson not to take a sack, he is a 10 year Vet, this is coaching and not keeping your foot on the gas, you could once again see it, it has been the issue for years and right now the talent isn't there to sustain this approach.

Not sure i agree with the context but ok....

LTH

olyfan63

Reaction score
Russell cost the team the Bears game by ill-advised scrambling and bailing out of the back of the pocket for a -15 yard sack that made the (missed) field goal longer. Why didn't he take the quick checkdown to DJ Dallas and give Dallas the opportunity to break 1 tackle and get a first down, and at worst leave a short field goal? With those 20 extra yards, Myer's FG try is good, it's a 2 score game, Hawks win. Such unbelievable lack of situational awareness on Russell's part. Sure, the elite defenses of 2013-2014 would have stuffed the opponent's attempted comeback drive. We don't have that D any more. The Hawks played well enough to win this game and it was Russell's foolish hero-ball habit in a situation that didn't call for it that resulted in the L.

From my point of view, Russell is underperforming his contract, and I lately I don't see that same kind of competitive fire, winning-is-the-only-option attitude we used to see from Russ. Most of this season, it's been go-meekly-into-that-dark-night, Russell and the offense going out with a whimper on that game-deciding play.

Field Gulls Tweet that summarizes what I was trying to say, does it with numbers:
"Russell Wilson, one of the most clutch QBs ever, with 5 game-tying or game-winning drive opportunities in the 4th quarter and overtime this season.
0-for-5.
What happens when the magic is gone? 5-10."

Whatever else, Chicago should be less willing to spend massive draft capital on Russell after seeing Nick Foles outperform him, on the road, in tough conditions. Foles looked like he should be the QB getting the bigger paycheck.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
olyfan63":2h28xy24 said:
Russell cost the team the Bears game by ill-advised scrambling and bailing out of the back of the pocket for a -15 yard sack that made the (missed) field goal longer. Why didn't he take the quick checkdown to DJ Dallas and give Dallas the opportunity to break 1 tackle and get a first down, and at worst leave a short field goal? With those 20 extra yards, Myer's FG try is good, it's a 2 score game, Hawks win. Such unbelievable lack of situational awareness on Russell's part. Sure, the elite defenses of 2013-2014 would have stuffed the opponent's attempted comeback drive. We don't have that D any more. The Hawks played well enough to win this game and it was Russell's foolish hero-ball habit in a situation that didn't call for it that resulted in the L.

From my point of view, Russell is underperforming his contract, and I lately I don't see that same kind of competitive fire, winning-is-the-only-option attitude we used to see from Russ. Most of this season, it's been go-meekly-into-that-dark-night, Russell and the offense going out with a whimper on that game-deciding play.

Field Gulls Tweet that summarizes what I was trying to say, does it with numbers:
"Russell Wilson, one of the most clutch QBs ever, with 5 game-tying or game-winning drive opportunities in the 4th quarter and overtime this season.
0-for-5.

Whatever else, Chicago should be less willing to spend massive draft capital on Russell after seeing Nick Foles outperform him, on the road, in tough conditions. Foles looked like he should be the QB getting the bigger paycheck.

First of all lets give some credit to nick this guy is a good vet and has been a good QB... he played well and deserves credit.

Secondly we all talked about this in detail and I just wanted to believe that Carroll would find a way to get Wilson to play better. I still WANT to believe it... maybe i'm in denial LOL.. Wilson needs some tough love... he needs to be coached hard If I was Carroll I would dial up Holmgren on the phone and have Holmgren work with him during the off season or even during the season I betcha if Carroll made it informal Holmgren would do it...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":1pfkn8hr said:
olyfan63":1pfkn8hr said:

0-for-5.

First of all lets give some credit to nick this guy is a good vet and has been a good QB... he played well and deserves credit.

Secondly we all talked about this in detail and I just wanted to believe that Carroll would find a way to get Wilson to play better. I still WANT to believe it... maybe i'm in denial LOL.. Wilson needs some tough love... he needs to be coached hard If I was Carroll I would dial up Holmgren on the phone and have Holmgren work with him during the off season or even during the season I betcha if Carroll made it informal Holmgren would do it...

LTH

Nice thought, but you need the guy in charge doing the tough love to Wilson, you now have to break through an Ego and the only way to do that is my way or the bench or Highway approach.

xray

Reaction score
This season shows what you get with an arrogant QB and an old complacent HC ...a perfect chit storm .

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":4gnoml29 said:

I am beyond frustrated. this year has been a total $h!t fest. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong in everyway imaginable. I just don't know what to think...

LTH

The Bears played on Monday night, were having to play with their 3rd string QB, were practicing without their coordinators, and had to travel across two time zones to play in the snow on an unfamiliar field. Their roster has been in flux for the past 10 days, with players being added and subtracted from the Covid list. They were without their best WR and best DL. They have just as many reasons to rationalize a poor performance as we do.

In the 2nd half, we were 0-4 on 3rd/4th down and our longest drive was 5 plays. Once again, the TOP was lopsided, with the Bears having the ball for 17 minutes, over a quarter of the game, longer than we did. It's no wonder that two of the top three tacklers in a league of 32 teams are Seahawks.

This wasn't the Bucs or Chiefs we lost to, it was the 4-10 Bears, eliminated from the playoff hunt and with a head coach squarely on the hot seat. Whether we blame the loss is on Russell, Pete, or the Man in the Moon, I really don't care. This team of ours is broken, and I'm tired of using the same wash, rinse, and repeat cycle we've been using for the past 7 years to improve it. Time to push and hold the power button.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The team stinks from the top to the bottom. Thats my thoughts on the game. I doubt they win another game this year.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":3myy79on said:
LTH":3myy79on said:

LTH

The Bears played on Monday night, were having to play with their 3rd string QB, were practicing without their coordinators, and had to travel across two time zones to play in the snow on an unfamiliar field. Their roster has been in flux for the past 10 days, with players being added and subtracted from the Covid list. They were without their best WR and best DL. They have just as many reasons to rationalize a poor performance as we do.

In the 2nd half, we were 0-4 on 3rd/4th down and our longest drive was 5 plays. Once again, the TOP was lopsided, with the Bears having the ball for 17 minutes, over a quarter of the game, longer than we did. It's no wonder that two of the top three tacklers in a league of 32 teams are Seahawks.

This wasn't the Bucs or Chiefs we lost to, it was the 4-10 Bears, eliminated from the playoff hunt and with a head coach squarely on the hot seat. Whether we blame the loss is on Russell, Pete, or the Man in the Moon, I really don't care. This team of ours is broken, and I'm tired of using the same wash, rinse, and repeat cycle we've been using for the past 7 years to improve it. Time to push and hold the power button.

I believe that My assessment of the game is solid. The reason we lost that game was due to QB play and corner play. the reason the Hawks were in a deep zone was because they don't have the corners to compete playing man to man they are down to their 3 or 4th string CB...

Look at where the Hawks have been drafting. You don't draft a Jalen Ramsey at # 25 in the draft order. you just don't. At some point the team has to have a a top ten draft to remain competitive especially in the NFC west. You can NOT stay competitive drafting where they draft unless you take chances in the draft and in FA and sometimes they don't work out.

There is a lot to like about this Seahawk team it's not as bad as you guys make it out to be.

As far as Wilson is concerned I don't even know what to say...Has he become un coachable? Do you live and die by the sword as Carroll puts it?

We are just going to have to wait and see how it plays out.

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":2cptv5dr said:
I believe that My assessment of the game is solid. The reason we lost that game was due to QB play and corner play. the reason the Hawks were in a deep zone was because they don't have the corners to compete playing man to man they are down to their 3 or 4th string CB...

Look at where the Hawks have been drafting. You don't draft a Jalen Ramsey at # 25 in the draft order. you just don't. At some point the team has to have a a top ten draft to remain competitive especially in the NFC west. You can NOT stay competitive drafting where they draft unless you take chances in the draft and in FA and sometimes they don't work out.

There is a lot to like about this Seahawk team it's not as bad as you guys make it out to be.

As far as Wilson is concerned I don't even know what to say...Has he become un coachable? Do you live and die by the sword as Carroll puts it?

LTH

I was objecting to your 'short week' comment, hence my underlining it. IMO it wasn't any less of a challenge for the Hawks to get prepared for a game in 5 days as it was for the Bears in 6 when you consider all of the other things that the Bears had to cope with that we didn't. Otherwise, I feel that your take on the game is a well reasoned appraisal that I mostly agree with.

As far as your comment about our team being "as bad as you guys make it out to be", I have said consistently that we are not trash, that we're better than our 5-10 record would indicate. I consider this edition to be very close to the past 6 ones, a .500ish team that in most years, makes the playoffs but bows out early. We are an average to slightly above average team, mediocre. My problem is that we've hit a plateau where we are not improving, and I see very little prospect of that changing anytime soon. We're stuck in neutral.

Regarding Russell Wilson, I have some serious doubts about him for all the things mentioned in this thread and feel that he needs either a complete re-boot under a different regime here or be traded to a different one somewhere else to get his career back on track. IMO the relationship between him and Pete is irreconcilable. One of them, if not both of them, has to go.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
RiverDog":1gfm40gt said:
LTH":1gfm40gt said:

LTH

I was objecting to your 'short week' comment, hence my underlining it. IMO it wasn't any less of a challenge for the Hawks to get prepared for a game in 5 days as it was for the Bears in 6 when you consider all of the other things that the Bears had to cope with that we didn't. Otherwise, I feel that your take on the game is a well reasoned appraisal that I mostly agree with.

As far as your comment about our team being "as bad as you guys make it out to be", I have said consistently that we are not trash, that we're better than our 5-10 record would indicate. I consider this edition to be very close to the past 6 ones, a .500ish team that in most years, makes the playoffs but bows out early. We are an average to slightly above average team, mediocre. My problem is that we've hit a plateau where we are not improving, and I see very little prospect of that changing anytime soon. We're stuck in neutral.

Regarding Russell Wilson, I have some serious doubts about him for all the things mentioned in this thread and feel that he needs either a complete re-boot under a different regime here or be traded to a different one somewhere else to get his career back on track. IMO the relationship between him and Pete is irreconcilable. One of them, if not both of them, has to go.
Are we better than our 5-10 record? We just lost to the 4 win Bears team at home, a team that was missing quite a bit of their players. By that same logic does that mean that we were worse than our 12 wins last season?

This team is bad, no need to mince words. We have a few nice players but our depth and a lot of the decision making is straight up trash. We're last in the division for a good reason and we were struggling even when Russell Wilson was healthy. This team needs a revamp and quite possibly a new head coach.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
LTH..The OL didn't give up 2 sacks..
Those were on Russ diddle daddling with no legs instead
of throwing the damn ball away..

cymatica

Reaction score
LTH":bnykdvox said:
RiverDog":bnykdvox said:
LTH":bnykdvox said:

LTH

LTH

Patriots are always in the back of the draft, yet they still have a solid defense. I think Pete is just waaaay to concerned with the deep ball. He also likes to keep things simple. Bad combination IMO. It's why rookie and backup QB's shred the defense and every QB seems to have no problem nickel and diming their way down the field. Players just look like they are coached to run to their zones and stare at the qb while they concede catches in their zone.

keasley45

Reaction score
cymatica":3kgf5sxd said:
LTH":3kgf5sxd said:
RiverDog":3kgf5sxd said:
LTH":3kgf5sxd said:

LTH

LTH

Patriots are always in the back of the draft, yet they still have a solid defense. I think Pete is just waaaay to concerned with the deep ball. He also likes to keep things simple. Bad combination IMO. It's why rookie and backup QB's shred the defense and every QB seems to have no problem nickel and diming their way down the field. Players just look like they are coached to run to their zones and stare at the qb while they concede catches in their zone.

The defense is playing without its #1 NCB, both top CBs, and its starting Safety.

Hard games are to be expected.

There's no excuse for the futility on offense in extended spurts.

cymatica

Reaction score
They've had issues all season even with their starters

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":2j5fwnko said:
cymatica":2j5fwnko said:
LTH":2j5fwnko said:
RiverDog":2j5fwnko said:

LTH

The defense is playing without its #1 NCB, both top CBs, and its starting Safety.

Hard games are to be expected.

There's no excuse for the futility on offense in extended spurts.

It's interesting to see what the Rams gave up to draft Jalen Ramsy... 2 first round picks and a third...that is for an unproven draft pick.

I fail to see how the Hawks are supposed to draft Players like that at 25 or close to that? and why people think the Hawks should be competitive when 25 -27 teams have a chance every year for ten years to draft better players than the Hawks...

What's even more confusing to me is knowing this and seeing the Hawks are competitive despite drafting 25 positions lower than most teams they are expected to win a championship anyway. When they don't, people call for the firing of the head coach because he was too successful to have a decent draft pick position and couldn't produce pro bowl players from where he was drafting from. I don't get it..

Bill Belichick is probably the greatest NFL coach in the history of the game but with him as an exception who else? Maybe Andy Reid? the average time a coach is with a team is 3-4 years without a playoff appearance.

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":2ob2fj5l said:
I fail to see how the Hawks are supposed to draft Players like that at 25 or close to that? and why people think the Hawks should be competitive when 25 -27 teams have a chance every year for ten years to draft better players than the Hawks...
LTH

The Hawks have been successful due to Russell Wilson. You know, the QB thats been hurt and had a bad year that everybody wants to crucify now because he cant overcome the teams obstacles like he usually does.

Latest posts