No Juice To This Game?

JonRud

Reaction score
I am out here in NJ and I am feeling no buildup or excitement locally at all for this game on Sunday. Even though I hate the Giants at least if they had a few more wins people would be talking about it. All they are talking about on local sports radio is the baseball off-season and the terrible Knicks & Nets.

I am expecting plenty of Giants fans to stay home and watch this one on TV and the 12th Man to stand out at the Stadium.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
didn't their loss last week mathematically eliminate them?

i realize that most reasonable fans knew that it was over before then but there is something ultimately deflating about being mathematically done.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Check StubHub prices on this game, hilariously cheap.

Hope that stadium is full of 12's

jblaze

Reaction score
Yep, they are mathematically eliminated. I don't think this will be a close game. I expect the defense to come and and dominate after giving up that Gore run and Kap 1st down to ice the win. Those guys are going to be pissed.

I would not want to be Andre Brown right now.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
jblaze":29ui4nny said:
Yep, they are mathematically eliminated. I don't think this will be a close game. I expect the defense to come and and dominate after giving up that Gore run and Kap 1st down to ice the win. Those guys are going to be pissed.

Because they gave up one big run to Frank Gore? A first down to Kaeperstank? Their not pissed about that or those guys. considering the number of chances he was given, Gore has done little, if anything to the Hawks. Kaepernick is a scared little boy, his joy is from knowing he does not have to suffer another week following a loss to the Seahawks. That game saved him from certain media attack, but the Hawks aren't pissed at the Niners, they are either pissed at the refs or themselves.

I still wouldn't want to be Andre Brown.

jblaze

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":bp11oukd said:
jblaze":bp11oukd said:

Because they gave up one big run to Frank Gore? A first down to Kaeperstank? Their not pissed about that or those guys. considering the number of chances he was given, Gore has done little, if anything to the Hawks. Kaepernick is a scared little boy, his joy is from knowing he does not have to suffer another week following a loss to the Seahawks. That game saved him from certain media attack, but the Hawks aren't pissed at the Niners, they are either pissed at the refs or themselves.

It wasn't up to their standards is my point. Things were lining up well to have the ball to end the game and there were a couple of plays there that didn't go their way. They'll be fired up for it this weekend. Hyper competitive people like we have on our defense always come back hard.

I also think Sherman and Thomas get back into the pick column with one a piece from Eli. We're going to shut down the run game so he'll have to throw it around a bit. That and they'll be down early, or at least I hope.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Per Justin Tuck:

The last thing you want to be is embarrassed. And this is a team that, if youre not ready to play, they will embarrass you ... and then laugh at you about it.
” -- Giants DE Justin Tuck, on preparing to face the Seahawks

Chaosist

Reaction score
JonRud":1z64l7se said:
I am out here in NJ and I am feeling no buildup or excitement locally at all for this game on Sunday. Even though I hate the Giants at least if they had a few more wins people would be talking about it. All they are talking about on local sports radio is the baseball off-season and the terrible Knicks & Nets.

I am expecting plenty of Giants fans to stay home and watch this one on TV and the 12th Man to stand out at the Stadium.
Well, considering we've been eliminated from playoff contention, I can't say that I'm surprised there's no build up. The next three games will just decide if we have a top 12 pick or the 18th pick. Not much really to talk about.

Chaosist

Reaction score
jblaze":1x8pl0kd said:
loafoftatupu":1x8pl0kd said:
jblaze":1x8pl0kd said:

It wasn't up to their standards is my point. Things were lining up well to have the ball to end the game and there were a couple of plays there that didn't go their way. They'll be fired up for it this weekend. Hyper competitive people like we have on our defense always come back hard.

I also think Sherman and Thomas get back into the pick column with one a piece from Eli. We're going to shut down the run game so he'll have to throw it around a bit. That and they'll be down early, or at least I hope.
The one thing the Giants have been good at this season is shutting down good RBs. I believe we've faced 8 (will be 9 after this weekend) of the top 10 RBs, and have only allowed 1 or 2 to go over 100 yards. I just hope the team doesn't mail it in now that we've been eliminated.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
JonRud":318euovl said:

You know, you might be right on that. From the one time I saw the Hawks play the Giants in NY, It stood out to me how old the Giants fan base felt/looked on the whole. Lot of long time season ticket holders. I doubt many of them want to sit in the cold.

And it's not just the old folks. I know a girl who just moved to NYC. She's not a Seahawks fan. But I told her that I was going with some friends and about the tailgate. I suggested that maybe she might want to go with a friend. Here is her reply:

I have little to no desire to spend my Sunday freezing my ass off in New Jersey

She cc'd a friend to see if he was interested at all. This was his reply:

As much of a Giants fan that I am, I wouldn't be able to stomach watching them get crushed by Seattle in person.

:th2thumbs: