Positive takeaways from this game

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
i-got-nothin-i-got-nothing.gif

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
There are no positives for this game, it's exactly what I feared would happen with this team. Especially the defense, and viola..... I was right. Now when that prima Donna shitbag Witherspoon gets back, plays 1 game and reaggravates his hamstring don't be shocked or surprised.

The entire draft was a failure on all levels. Eagles had the draft we should have had

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I've got a few silver linings:

1 - Offensive Line (first half); Running lanes were opened up, Geno usually had 3 to 5 seconds to throw, no sacks given up. Obviously, losing both starting tackles in the third quarter hurt our team's chances a lot, but our backups were still able to hold Aaron Donald to just one sack. I don't believe there were any penalties on our O-line either.

2 - WR Bobo; He was open for a long reception and possible TD there in the, second quarter (?). Geno Smith didn't see it, and ran out of bonds instead, but the team will see that on video this week.

3 - SS Julian Love; 9 tackles, 7 solo. Looked like twice those numbers, as Love was just all over the place.

4 - Honorable Mention player for this game goes to the solid performance upgrade of 320Lb C Evan Brown. I'm already having visions of what might happen if Evan Brown is able to ultimately team up with 332Lb G Anthony Bradford in the run game!

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Walker had 5.3 yards a carry. Def. a positive.
Was just gonna post something about K9

Of the hot garbage that was yesterday - several of his runs were a bright spot.

Bounced outside in traffic nicely a few times. I have to say that he was pretty much the only thing yesterday that impressed me at all.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Stafford had his starting tackles and a clean pocket most of the game.
That guy can go off on any team if he has time to throw i don’t care who is playing in the secondary.
it was a competitive first half and the wheels fell off with losing both tackles in the second half.
crazy week 1 of teams hyper overachieving in rhythm and teams where it all snowballed the other way.
football is so variable, you can play all the teams again from yesterday and the results will wildly vary in terms of outcome for all kinds of reasons. The best teams just buck the odds more often.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Come on now. We’ve seen this movie hundreds of times. The good guys win. Then they lose. Then they lose a lot. Then when you count them out they start to win again. And again. It’s a maddening ride that we have agreed to partake in for the rest of our lives.

This year will be no different. Another roller coaster ride for better or for worse. The Seahawks tend to trend in the better category and I still don’t see that changing this year.

In fact, this very well could be the best thing that could have happened to them.
Absolutely!
Maybe having this happen in Game 1 will make them want it more than the Lions in Game 2.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
One positive? Well, we are about to find out how this team reacts to adversity. Will they roll over and get shit-stomped in Detroit or will they actually play some damn football?

Jville

Reaction score
I've got a few silver linings:

1 - Offensive Line (first half); Running lanes were opened up, Geno usually had 3 to 5 seconds to throw, no sacks given up. Obviously, losing both starting tackles in the third quarter hurt our team's chances a lot, but our backups were still able to hold Aaron Donald to just one sack. I don't believe there were any penalties on our O-line either.

2 - WR Bobo; He was open for a long reception and possible TD there in the, second quarter (?). Geno Smith didn't see it, and ran out of bonds instead, but the team will see that on video this week.

3 - SS Julian Love; 9 tackles, 7 solo. Looked like twice those numbers, as Love was just all over the place.

4 - Honorable Mention player for this game goes to the solid performance upgrade of 320Lb C Evan Brown. I'm already having visions of what might happen if Evan Brown is able to ultimately team up with 332Lb G Anthony Bradford in the run game!

I was encouraged by the 1st half offensive line. They should grow together as the season progresses. Nice blocking out of the tight ends and Bobo.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
To add to this:

The Seahawks, somehow, had an above-average EPA/play week 1.

This is one of the absolute ugliest weeks of NFL football in recent memory.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is one of the absolute ugliest weeks of NFL football in recent memory.

So true. I was saying the same thing to a buddy. The amount of turnovers alone league wide had to be close to a record. Some good plays but man what a lot of sloppy football.