Harvin out for 49'ers game

jblaze

Reaction score
Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@BrocknDanny 10m

No shock, but #Seahawks coach Pete Carroll told @KIRORadio that Percy Harvin won't play Sunday in San Francisco.

Just shut him down until the playoffs. No use at this point in taking any risks.

Polaris

Reaction score
Not a suprise. I hope he can be eased into play during late in the season so he's ready to go full bore for the playoffs. If not, then no great loss at least this year.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sigh...I try to not get bummed out by the Harvin stuff but I can't help it. Wish we had traded for Josh Gordon instead of Percy.

tdigitee

Reaction score
I tend to agree with JonRud that we don't need him - I *would* like to see the new expensive toy in action some more this season though, and a spark on kickoff returns would be great.

kidhawk

Reaction score
jblaze":12dp2404 said:
Just shut him down until the playoffs. No use at this point in taking any risks.

Why must we overreact with Harvin in one way or another? Either people think we need to play him right now or shut him down until the playoffs....neither is true

For the first point, we can and have won without Harvin, his presence doesn't mean we win and his absence doesn't mean we lose

For the second, shutting him down totally is just as crazy. The team needs to handle this professionally and do what is best for the team and the player over the life of the contract. This doesn't mean just sitting him until the playoffs, what it does mean is that you continue to rehab him and check his progress daily. As he gets through rehab without pain, he moves on to light practices and when he makes it through that he moves on to full practices and when he can make it through those, he gets some game time. As he comes through each game, you can increase his role until he's fully integrated. Will this mean he doesn't play until the playoffs or maybe even next season? Sure, that's a possibility, but unless there is evidence that he can't make it back, there's no reason to shut him down. The only reason to shut him down would be if we absolutely needed the roster spot. As of now, that's not the case

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Thing is, we dont need him....now. But Percy will become an integral part to this offense in the future, which is probably why Carroll is being so cautious with him. He's not fully healed/up to game day strength/conditioning. No use in risking and compromising him when we dont *need* him.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If Percy never plays a down this year I'm okay with that.

If he plays in the playoffs, so much the better.

He's a wild card that we don't need to play.

Truth is, we have a winning hand this year without him.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
:(

But it's for the best. Not surprised, but it's a bummer. Can't wait to see him play a full game.

longsh0t

Reaction score
tdigitee":3iu6z4jk said:
I tend to agree with JonRud that we don't need him - I *would* like to see the new expensive toy in action some more this season though, and a spark on kickoff returns would be great.

"Expensive toy" pretty much describes Percy at this point.

Dabhawk

Reaction score
Shut him down. Dude is worthless. He flashes talent on field until one of his weakened joints breaks. He doesn't deserve to be on this team. No one deserves a ring when they didnt contribute sh*t. Screw his kickoff return and catch, thats not even an ounce of effort compared to Dougie B's sideline catches that actually helped us win! Can we trade Harvin for Gordon?? Cause he can actually stay on the field after being lit up(Check Winston Guy hit on him) Im done with this drama queen

akscoundrel

Reaction score
More and more I'm liking the timing of all this. I have been worried about our offense getting stale at the wrong time (playoffs), and adding in a new dynamic like percy will probably prevent that I'm guessing. It will become a huge, effective wrinkle that teams won't be ready for, at the most crucial of times.

He is an expensive work in progress toy atm, but once this '69 chevelle ss rolls out of the garage, it will become the boss of the block.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Dabhawk":3fqdghiy said:
Shut him down. Dude is worthless. He flashes talent on field until one of his weakened joints breaks. He doesn't deserve to be on this team. No one deserves a ring when they didnt contribute sh*t. Screw his kickoff return and catch, thats not even an ounce of effort compared to Dougie B's sideline catches that actually helped us win! Can we trade Harvin for Gordon?? Cause he can actually stay on the field after being lit up(Check Winston Guy hit on him) Im done with this drama queen

Post of the day :sarcasm_off:

TaterHawk

Reaction score
Nothing but a distraction this season. Not faulting him, but still...just a distraction. It must burn at our receivers when they here the team did good 'without Harvin' The receivers we have on the field are GREAT. I'm about tired of it. In fact I'm at the point that I'd like to see him earn a spot when he returns like everyone else. I'm not down on Harvin, just think the Harvin thing is disrespectful to our receivers who are working hard and kicking ass.

respect

Go Hawks

chris98251

Reaction score
He just came back from a setback, let him get a few weeks of regular practice in to make sure he's gonna hold up, he will be more in tune with the offense as well. We seen the impact he can make when he does get on the field, at this point I look at it as having that Chevelle and trying to drive it to work everyday and show off and get the 3 miles to the gallon or taking it easy and saving it for Friday night at the strip and taking the trophy.

kidhawk

Reaction score
TaterHawk":dakkp9rb said:
Nothing but a distraction this season. Not faulting him, but still...just a distraction. It must burn at our receivers when they here the team did good 'without Harvin' The receivers we have on the field are GREAT. I'm about tired of it. In fact I'm at the point that I'd like to see him earn a spot when he returns like everyone else. I'm not down on Harvin, just think the Harvin thing is disrespectful to our receivers who are working hard and kicking ass.

respect

Go Hawks

It's a distraction to the people talking about it. It's obviously NOT a distraction to the players on the team...as for the disprespect card to the receivers, first, they THRIVE on that, and second, they were hearing the same things before we ever had Harvin....how they were just average receivers. They use that for motivation, but the Harvin injury isn't distracting them one bit

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Dabhawk":rogxghnc said:

Seriously? I love how some claim Harvin is injury prone, when time and time again it's proven otherwise. He had major surgery in August, I personally didn't expect him back this season at all because of that. If we get him back sooner, awesome. If not, let the cat heal up and unleash Hell next season. Go Hawks!

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Can we look these threads the minute they are posted please? The ignorance, drivel and bile that comes out against an injured player in these is embarrassing.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Dabhawk":d9sbw6gb said:

Haha well this post will certainly get you flamed but I absolutely agree about Josh Gordon. Dude is an absolute monster, and he is very tough. He can take a hit. He would be the big, athletic WR that would have put this offense into the stratosphere. I have no doubt that if they could do it all over again, the Hawks FO would try and trade for Gordon instead of Harvin. He would have cost less anyways.