Kearse...perhaps laser eye surgery helped w/ the drops

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I like that he finds way of getting open, if he could just be more consistant with his catches he could be good and have himself a nice NFL career

Fudwamper

Reaction score
Kearse said. “I don’t have to deal with the hassle of contacts. I’ve got a stigmatism, so sometimes they move around and one eye may be blurry. So it’s nice to not have to worry about that.

I know this well, sweat, jarring impacts and the occasional, hey i'm just going to move because contact. I'm not surprised he looks to have better hands.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Love Kearse. Other than the drops (which I'm not sure I can even say that) he's a complete WR. If his eyes were the problem and he can actually cut down on the drops, I think he can be a big contributor to the offense.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I will give him a break and look at him anew instead of the " guy that always dropped the ball at UW". Vision problems could surely do it

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm excited to see what he can do for us, if only to be able to yell "Chop-chop!!!!" from the stands

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Good to see him having a good camp so far, just hope the drops problem has left him completely.

Tical21

Reaction score
Always could get separation and was truly elite at high-pointing the ball. I don't believe it was the eyes though causing the drops. Hopefully I'm wrong.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I like Kearse but I'm rooting for Stephan Williams an Chris Harper to out produce him because I think both have better size and a higher ceiling. I don't think Kearse will ever be more than a good #4 WR whereas Harper could be very similar to a David Boston or Anquan Boldin, and S. Williams could be our future Sidney Rice replacement.

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Im rooting for anyone that will go out there and be productive. Sometime it takes people to gain confidence at where that at to be successful. All I know is Pete will put out what ever receiver that is going to best for the offense.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Tical21":3hqy3lbi said:
Always could get separation and was truly elite at high-pointing the ball. I don't believe it was the eyes though causing the drops. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Largely depends on what his eye issues affected, IMO. If it affected his depth perception, that could easily cause a big increase in drops. Just plain blurriness alone probably not, though. Just guesswork on my part, really.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":276yva3c said:
Tical21":276yva3c said:
Largely depends on what his eye issues affected, IMO. If it affected his depth perception, that could easily cause a big increase in drops. Just plain blurriness alone probably not, though. Just guesswork on my part, really.

So what was screwing him up? He would make really great catches and drop and juggle some easy throws. Concentrating better at difficult times? Maybe. Anytime your vision is distorted it all is distorted not just a single aspect. Then try and do hand eye coordination activity while your vision goes from clear and crisp to fuzzy and distorted it plain sucks and screws everything up.

MrCarey

Reaction score
What was his drop rate with US? Not UW. I'm just wondering. He didn't seem like he dropped a ton.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tical21":waen6xr8 said:
Theres a good chance you are wrong. Especially if the stigmatism diplaced the contact on one eye causing it to blur... which according to Kease is the case. What impresses me is that he didn't use that as an excuse.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3og8t4sv said:
Good to see him having a good camp so far, just hope the drops problem has left him completely.
Very encouraging to hear that he's catching everything thrown his way. That didn't happen to this point. Not even in camp.

Latest posts