Kearse...perhaps laser eye surgery helped w/ the drops

Scottemojo

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":3o17v4o5 said:
Scottemojo":3o17v4o5 said:
The real conundrum now is that four player group of Williams Kearse Harper Walters (and the Bates dude as the way outside chance). I think we are all pretty certain we are not going to have Rice/Harvin/Tate/Baldwin together as a group in 2014. Who knows if we even have three of those guys. So how do we get the majority of the back 4 to be around next year? Creative IR, PUP, that's how. Which is exactly what I expect.

Im guessing if Tate steps up this year then they cut Rice or ask him to take a pay cut and then pay Tate. If they had to choose today to keep Tate or Rice I would be surprised if they decided on Rice. Every time I watch him play I cringe as he catches the ball and gets hit...wondering if he will get up. There is no way they can sign Tate and keep Rice on his current contract.
Agreed on Rice. I think Williams is the Rice replacement. If he develops. Harper? I dunno. I love the idea of Harper, big thick fast guy, but I have the sneaking suspicion he has a steep curve on learning route running. He has the advantage of a QB who throws players open if he will use that wide body to box out.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
The one thing I'd like to have in the WR corps is more "size". Right now, of the "givens", that's only Rice.

But I do agree he seems to be the most likely candidate to not be here in '14.

I'm hoping Williams really connects with his potential and becomes that size guy.

A

Anonymous

If any tandem of sneaky dudes can keep 4 talented wideouts on a roster, it's Pete and John. Particularly if we found ourselves in a position to be able to give up a little depth on defense somewhere.

I think if we get to the point this year where some of the backups on D never find themselves on the field much, the cuts will be made there. Sure, some tricky contractual issues will have to be ironed-out, but if they can keep the D rolling while limiting the budget there, that will be the key.

The way these guys are so close-knit (thanks in part to Russell) it is not out of the realm of possibility that what T-Sizzle suggests may indeed be the way things go. Rice might be in a position to spread himself out considering his seeing his ability to get separation being harder in an alternative system. I think Baldwin is still just happy to be here, and Tate's agent will be the only problem in his negotiations with the team. I say Golden takes a lesser contract than what most will assume.

Kearse? I think we are going to see some very cool things from him. That eye surgery is crazy good stuff.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":5rvnry6q said:
Size is nice, but I'll take hands & jump (Tate) any day over size.

You want both - and so does Pete. That's why they brought big dudes in like Mike Williams, Braylon Edwards, Terrell Owens, Stephen Williams...and drafted Chris Harper (not mention Kris Durham which failed miserably).

In a perfect world, you would have a play maker (with hands and leaping), a big chain mover with sticky hands, and a smaller/quick slot guy to work the middle of the field and soft parts of the zone. Much like their desire at TE to have a jack of all trades (Miller/McGrath) and then a guy who can stretch the field and make some big plays at times (Carlson originally, then a brief flirtation with Winslow, then McCoy last season and now Willson).

The interesting thing to see is do they move forward with Tate in place of Rice, which is a sacrifice in size but like you said, Golden makes up for it with his ability to get to the ball.

bigcc

Reaction score
keep in mind Harper is PS eligible.... don't think williams/kearse are... Bates might be as well

(Can someone correct me on these?)

Luckily with a decent backup QB (T-jack...not Quinn lol), they should be able to get some real looks

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Seaswab":3ay7rpve said:
Tech Worlds":3ay7rpve said:
Seaswab":3ay7rpve said:
So it's a law that if you live here you have to root for jermain Kearse to make the team no matter who his competition is? I get it. Automatically if he's a Husky we're all supposed to root for him to make the team. Sound logic.

No, no.. You got something wrong with you dude.

We root for all our players to do well. They are Seahawks. You on the other hand seam to have... Well, issues.

No, no issues, Jermaine Kearse isn't that good. Sorry, you're the one with the issue.

ELAINE: You’re a salesman now - and the high-five is.. it’s very grease monkey.

PUDDY: What did I tell you about that?

ELAINE: I’m sorry, but the high-five is just so stupid.

PUDDY: (Somewhat hurt) Oh yeah? I’ll tell you what’s stupid. You. Stupid.

ELAINE: Well, that is really mature.

PUDDY: Yeah? So are you.

ELAINE: Huh?

PUDDY: You’re the grease monkey.