Inside the Seahawks Draft Room

themunn

Reaction score
Almost every year teams say they have say 15-20 players with a first round grade. But there are always 32 picks every year, so for that to make sense there must be years where there are 50 players with first round grades, so that over the course of say 10 years there are 320 players drafted with first round grades.

If you only have 200 players with a first round grade over a 10 year period then you're not valuing first round picks correctly.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I knew it! I didn't get the vibe they really loved these QBs.

I thought their guy was Anderson all along, which is now confirmed.

Surprised they had 20 first round grades in this draft though. They need to tighten that up.
I do think they liked Richardson but not sure they would've taken him there. I'm not as high on Anderson as most so while I would've been fine with him I think it may work out better getting Witherspoon anyway. I hope lol

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Really nice Article

- We had two Players for #5 Anderson and Witherspoon
- A total of 20 players worth 1. roundpick (JSN was one of them)
- Derick Hall was the last player on Seahawks Board worth a 1. roundpick so that was the reason why we picked him at #37
Thanks for posting - it's awesome, and I'm only 1/2way through it!

I do miss seeing holmgren from last year's draft war room - Keeping an eye out for him ;)

ivotuk

Reaction score
To go along with the story:

Bump and Stacy - A look into Seattle's draft war room with John Boyle of Seahawks.com

What were the most interesting observations John Boyle of Seahawks.com had from his time spent in the Seahawks draft war room?

He joins Bump and Stacy to share at the start of hour three.

In NFL Headlines, did we get our first leak of the NFL schedule. What I Need to Know caps off hour three

BigMeach

Reaction score
I got a lot out of this but the one thing that really stuck out to me was this quote from Jody Allen:

--Allen, meanwhile, has a request.
"Let's get some hockey on in here," she says, referring to the Seattle Kraken playoff game against the Colorado Avalanche that had recently started.--

Seems odd for someone who I've heard quite a few say she isn't really into owning the team, be in the draft room happy as a clam while also wanting to watch other sports teams she doesn't own. Makes it easier to believe her when she says she has no intent of selling the team though a time will come. Unless the trust forces her hand to do it soon I wouldn't be shocked if she keeps them for years.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I got a lot out of this but the one thing that really stuck out to me was this quote from Jody Allen:

--Allen, meanwhile, has a request.
"Let's get some hockey on in here," she says, referring to the Seattle Kraken playoff game against the Colorado Avalanche that had recently started.--

Seems odd for someone who I've heard quite a few say she isn't really into owning the team, be in the draft room happy as a clam while also wanting to watch other sports teams she doesn't own. Makes it easier to believe her when she says she has no intent of selling the team though a time will come. Unless the trust forces her hand to do it soon I wouldn't be shocked if she keeps them for years.
The trust will force her to sell it at some point. When they do is another question all together. It’s was laid out in legal documents.

BigMeach

Reaction score
The trust will force her to sell it at some point. When they do is another question all together. It’s was laid out in legal documents.
Exactly what I'm saying. The only thing I see having her sell soon is the trust (which we have no idea if there is a time frame or when it is). She is having too much fun.

Fade

Reaction score
I do think they liked Richardson but not sure they would've taken him there. I'm not as high on Anderson as most so while I would've been fine with him I think it may work out better getting Witherspoon anyway. I hope lol
I think they liked, not loved Richardson, and was a consideration in late first, early 2nd rd.

Latest posts