Even CBS says the refs helped the saints

Rainger

Reaction score
This is from their grades.
Bteam logo

Seahawks
The Seahawks offense lit up the scoreboard on Sunday, but Seattle didn't win because its defense simply couldn't stop the Saints. Apparently, the Seahawks didn't do their homework on Taysom Hill, who totaled four touchdowns for New Orleans. Offensively, although the Seahawks were good, they weren't perfect. Most notably, they couldn't convert on third down, going just 1 of 9. The Seahawks also had nearly every controversial call go against them with a DK Metcalf fumble being upheld on review and a Chris Olave incomplete pass being ruled a TD after review
And there were phantom holding calls to stop Hawk drives and others to continue Saints drives. Not to mention 3 non holding calls that helped NO make big plays.

Ruminator

Reaction score
April 27, 2023, Roger Goodell: "With the fifth pick in the 2023 NFL draft, the Seattle Seahawks select... and folks, this pick is much higher than it otherwise would have been because the refs kept screwing with them all season long with a lot of bad calls that caused them to finish with the fifth worst record... but anyway, the Seattle Seahawks select..."

That almost ought to be said.

Spohawks

Reaction score
I know the whole thing is a play (theater) and under law that is why every game has to tell you at the start "You are watching a PRESENTATION (AKA play) of the NFL. Yeah, the NFL hasn't been a sport since the 1920s...okay, okay its fake, I get it.

So I try not to get worked up anymore about the refs, end result or the drama. Its all built around stirring up more attention for the product. So I just see it as they are selling a product and do I want to buy the product or spend my time learning about it.

However, I was born rooting for these pukes called Seahawks, giving a big chunk of my weeks for my entire life to the Hawks and so as I claimed before...I am pot committed to them.

Even when I try to walk away, I am pulled back in...its like I am trained to follow them.

That being said...I don't live and die by the Hawks wins anymore and I know its all scripted but when the CLOWN refs falsely flag the Seahawks when they are dominating their opponent...it urks me!

The refs are not consistent with their flags, They throw them for 2 reasons

1) When its so obvious that they can't let it go.
2) When it fits the script of the game.

The NFL is huge, they could use a quick replay on every flag or add more refs...but they don't so they don't have accountability.

So screw the refs!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Every team in NFL has to meet their quota of ref-screwings!
Some more than others. For some reason, the Steelers get their screwings out of the limelight, while the teams that get screwed while playing them get their screwings on the game's biggest stage. (Raiders, Seahawks, Cardinals, just off the top of my head.)

sdog1981

Reaction score
Man, you ain't lying. The refs dominated the line of scrimmage piling up 438 yards of total offense and 235 yards rushing. Veteran NFL official Ron Torbert's key block in the hole of Diggs sprung Tysom Hill's 60-yard TD run.

What could the Seahawks do? After Metcalf's fumble, the refs also awarded the Saints a TD, because according to NFL rules the Seahawks could not hold them to an FG or force a turnover.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Yeah your right. Just remember RW is a future first HOF in NFL eyes. How does it look when Geno takes over as QB and wins while, RW is a flop in Denver. The HORRAH!