Kearse...perhaps laser eye surgery helped w/ the drops

Seaswab

Reaction score
So it's a law that if you live here you have to root for jermain Kearse to make the team no matter who his competition is? I get it. Automatically if he's a Husky we're all supposed to root for him to make the team. Sound logic.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Seaswab":2y9bkpji said:
So it's a law that if you live here you have to root for jermain Kearse to make the team no matter who his competition is? I get it. Automatically if he's a Husky we're all supposed to root for him to make the team. Sound logic.

No, no.. You got something wrong with you dude.

We root for all our players to do well. They are Seahawks. You on the other hand seam to have... Well, issues.

Seaswab

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":13yutcnb said:
Seaswab":13yutcnb said:

No, no.. You got something wrong with you dude.

We root for all our players to do well. They are Seahawks. You on the other hand seam to have... Well, issues.

No, no issues, Jermaine Kearse isn't that good. Sorry, you're the one with the issue.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seaswab":i4yapakz said:
No, no issues, Jermaine Kearse isn't that good. Sorry, you're the one with the issue.

You're one loco hombre, you know that? It doesn't matter if Kearse is no good. He's a Seahawk, and if you're a fan of this team, you should want him to do well. There's a big difference between hoping for someone to do well, and expecting them to.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":wtdlh7zj said:
Seaswab":wtdlh7zj said:

You're one loco hombre, you know that? It doesn't matter if Kearse is no good. He's a Seahawk, and if you're a fan of this team, you should want him to do well. There's a big difference between hoping for someone to do well, and expecting them to.

Nope, every fan is different. I didn't like Flynn at all, primarily because of the Flynn-attics. What if Mike Vick was a hawk, do you have to wish well for him? What I'm saying is you probably don't always have to like every player.

I think Kearse is a bit overrated here and would much prefer they have the 6th wr be someone with a little experience.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":1bdzjc8l said:
RolandDeschain":1bdzjc8l said:
Seaswab":1bdzjc8l said:

Nope, every fan is different. I didn't like Flynn at all, primarily because of the Flynn-attics. What if Mike Vick was a hawk, do you have to wish well for him? What I'm saying is you probably don't always have to like every player.

I think Kearse is a bit overrated here and would much prefer they have the 6th wr be someone with a little experience.
You don't have to like every player but if you're a fan of the team, you should wish them well...as long as they're on the team. Saying you don't like Chop-chop or hopes he fails is counterproductive, since his success at this moment, means Seahawks success.

And the funny thing is you say you prefer the 6th wr to have experience, yet wasn't that the main argument of "Flynn-attics"? He had experience and RW didn't. Plus aren't backup WR's supposed to be there for development. Veterans should be higher up on the depth chart.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Last year we were in a different position then this year. I also would argue Wilson had more experience than Flynn. How many starts college and professional did Flynn have in the last 9 years versus RW?

I feel Harper is there for development. I would be fine with another wr for development if I felt there was one worth developing. Outside of Rice, harvin, Tate, Baldwin, and Harper there isn't anyone who will have a contribution for years to come on the hawks.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":2g56p5cr said:
Last year we were in a different position then this year. I also would argue Wilson had more experience than Flynn. How many starts college and professional did Flynn have in the last 9 years versus RW?

I feel Harper is there for development. I would be fine with another wr for development if I felt there was one worth developing. Outside of Rice, harvin, Tate, Baldwin, and Harper there isn't anyone who will have a contribution for years to come on the hawks.
So I take it you are wanting Kearse to fail so Harper can make it?

You don't really get competition, do you?

Seaswab

Reaction score
Its a law if theyre an ex husky, you should root for them to beat out everyone and make the team.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Seaswab":2u3a0jbd said:

How do you know this so definitely? I think most people are excited that he is progressing and that the coaches seem high on him. No one is saying he's Calvin Johnson or a #1 or even #2 WR. But it's important to have 4-5 quality WRs and if Kearse has made great strides, who are you to judge him? Unless you're John Connor or some s*** and are from the future, you have no way of speaking so decisively. This goes for anyone making any determinations, good or bad, in training camp. Nothing matters until real game time.

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seaswab":1zct8pck said:
Its a law if theyre an ex husky, you should root for them to beat out everyone and make the team.
We get your anti-Huskies stance. What else can you bring to the table? By all accounts, Kearse is outshining all of the fringe WR's. What makes your knowledge of the game so much more vast that you can definitively say Kearse won't amount to anything over the other guys?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Scottemojo":31wvo07t said:
T-Sizzle":31wvo07t said:

This is my opinion on things....Harper is a lock for the roster imo. Kearse, Williams, Doucet, Bates, Walters... they are battling it out for #6. Im fine with who ever PC/JS feel should be that #6 guy.... I just don't see them as developmental, and I realize they won't be on the team 2 years from now (unlike a lot of folks here). All those guys are borderline NFL players. You can drop them all and sign someone else who is equally as good. If I had to choose between that group I would pick Doucet, Williams, Kearse, Bates, Walters in that order. Then again, Im not PC/JS and they know more than me so I respect their decision.

I wish people would defend Russell Wilson last year or Bruce Irvin with the passion being shown ITT. These are opinions about the 90 man roster. Im not sure they are worth getting this fired up about. If someone doesn't agree with you it doesn't mean they don't understand something, or lack knowledge. Keep that in mind. :th2thumbs:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":yv4lsbuy said:
Scottemojo":yv4lsbuy said:
T-Sizzle":yv4lsbuy said:

Explain why you feel that way? I certainly understood competition last year at the QB position while you didn't.

This is my opinion on things....Harper is a lock for the roster imo. Kearse, Williams, Doucet, Bates, Walters... they are battling it out for #6. Im fine with who ever PC/JS feel should be that #6 guy.... I just don't see them as developmental, and I realize they won't be on the team 2 years from now (unlike a lot of folks here). All those guys are borderline NFL players. You can drop them all and sign someone else who is equally as good. If I had to choose between that group I would pick Doucet, Williams, Kearse, Bates, Walters in that order. Then again, Im not PC/JS and they know more than me so I respect their decision.
Harvin is going to start on the PUP, so there is an extra spot. Kearse is a specials player, so he has an edge there. Maybe you remember Obamanu, who made a career out of being the last WR on the roster because he played specials. He was here more than 2 years, correct?
And as for the QB shot, back it up homie. Show how I didn't get it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2mpn34sh said:
Harvin is going to start on the PUP, so there is an extra spot. Kearse is a specials player, so he has an edge there. Maybe you remember Obamanu, who made a career out of being the last WR on the roster because he played specials. He was here more than 2 years, correct?

I remember OBOMANU. If you are going to take a shot at me, you should at least spell the players name right. He was someone I felt they kept around a bit long and I always thought he should have been replaced.

I guess to that I would respond.... there will always be an outlier that anyone can point to. Remember Charly Martin? He got cut (see I can play that game too). The average NFL career is 3 years. More times than not #6 WR's on teams don't last that long. If Kearse does I will say he beat the odds. If he turns out to be the next Rod Smith....more power to him, that will be awesome. Do I think that will happen? Nope.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
volsunghawk":7h9r5hyf said:
The concern with LASIK (which I was informed of when I had my vision correction surgery) is that the flap of cornea that they cut through doesn't heal 100%. It is always a weak point and anyone who participates in contact sports (like boxing or football) is at a higher risk of the flap becoming dislodged upon significant impact - which, of course, will totally ruin the person's vision until corrective surgery can take place. I had PRK instead, which was reportedly more painful than LASIK and had a longer healing time (months, rather than days). My vision was blurred significantly for a week or so after the procedure, but it improved greatly over the course of the next couple of months. I went from 20/1000 vision to pretty much 20/20, though I'm a touch farsighted now (the result of a very slight overcorrection that is built into the procedure, as the eyes are expected to adjust over time).

So, I'm glad that Kearse had the surgery and that they were able to handle his astigmatism... but I wonder if he was informed of the same "impact" caveat that I was.

I had it done 4 years ago. Went from awful vision to 20/10 and can read the smallest line on the chart. I also had astigmatism and it has done wonders. I remember my contacts moving around funky from time to time, having issues if I didn't blink regularly, etc. The doctor said if I get punched in the eye it it could dislodge, but its would take a huge shot, right in the eye and wasn't likely.

Not everyone ends up w/ 20/20 out of it (or in my case better than 20/20) but I would recommend this to anyone who has vision issues. Best thing I ever did.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":odnydfrm said:
Scottemojo":odnydfrm said:

I remember OBOMANU. If you are going to take a shot at me, you should at least spell the players name right. He was someone I felt they kept around a bit long and I always thought he should have been replaced.

I guess to that I would respond.... there will always be an outlier that anyone can point to. Remember Charly Martin? He got cut (see I can play that game too). The average NFL career is 3 years. More times than not #6 WR's on teams don't last that long. If Kearse does I will say he beat the odds. If he turns out to be the next Rod Smith....more power to him, that will be awesome. Do I think that will happen? Nope.
Obomanu was good specials player, that is how he stayed. Kearse is reportedly doing well on specials. Seeing as Seattle has signed several players almost exclusively for their special team abilities over the last three years, it definitely helps his chances of being around this year.

I don't think Kearse is a special player either. But he is apparently a versatile player, which for now appears to be giving him an edge on a couple of other guys. The real conundrum now is that four player group of Williams Kearse Harper Walters (and the Bates dude as the way outside chance). I think we are all pretty certain we are not going to have Rice/Harvin/Tate/Baldwin together as a group in 2014. Who knows if we even have three of those guys. So how do we get the majority of the back 4 to be around next year? Creative IR, PUP, that's how. Which is exactly what I expect.

Still waiting on you to explain how I didn't understand the QB competition.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Scottemojo":11mprekj said:
The real conundrum now is that four player group of Williams Kearse Harper Walters (and the Bates dude as the way outside chance). I think we are all pretty certain we are not going to have Rice/Harvin/Tate/Baldwin together as a group in 2014. Who knows if we even have three of those guys. So how do we get the majority of the back 4 to be around next year? Creative IR, PUP, that's how. Which is exactly what I expect.

Im guessing if Tate steps up this year then they cut Rice or ask him to take a pay cut and then pay Tate. If they had to choose today to keep Tate or Rice I would be surprised if they decided on Rice. Every time I watch him play I cringe as he catches the ball and gets hit...wondering if he will get up. There is no way they can sign Tate and keep Rice on his current contract.