Nauseated...

Rocket

Reaction score
Does anyone else feel nauseated about the prospect of rooting for (ugh) New England?
I may be sick Sunday evening, and I will certainly be fully clothed.

Buy stock in Pepto... :pukeface:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Not even a little bit. I never developed the hatred for the Pats that some NFL fans have.

Jealousy, sure, but not hatred.

That said, if you're having issues with the idea of rooting for the Pats, consider the alternative. If the 49ers win instead, you could face having to root for the Cardinals in a road game in Week 17 to have any hope of winning the division.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I hate the Patriots, but like the US and China in the Cold War, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

mikeak

Reaction score
Events like what happened in Conneticut today makes me nauseated. Having 3 kids have taught me not to get to high nor low on sports anymore. I honestly don't hate any team. I don't like some people in some organizations nor their fans but I don't hate any team...

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't "HATE" the Patriots, but I often find myself tired of them always being "king of the hill" so I root against them quite often, but I have no bad feelings at all about rooting for them to give us a chance at the division title. Of course, we have to win in Buffalo first. If this doesn't happen I won't even watch the SNF game.

I am counting on watching the SNF game :)

Galen96

Reaction score
mikeak":y3r34lyn said:
Events like what happened in Conneticut today makes me nauseated. Having 3 kids have taught me not to get to high nor low on sports anymore. I honestly don't hate any team. I don't like some people in some organizations nor their fans but I don't hate any team...

Exactly, if anything there is to be sick about, it's this. The pats will smoke the 9ers, so it isn't very important in my thoughts.

WSUhawk4life

Reaction score
Yeah not really because I love rooting against the Niners so much. It would be a million times worse for me if it was the Steelers vs Niners. Imagine if that was the superbowl haha. I'd feel sick watching that.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Not at all. They are probably my favorite AFC team. I have a lot of respect for Belichick and Brady. The fans a little annoying just because they are cocky, but the team usually backs it up so meh. I especially love Brady's story. Not sure where the hate for them comes from.

The way you are talking is how I feel about the 49ers, and not just because they are a division rival... a lot of that is their coach, and secondly their fan base.

OP
OP
Rocket

Rocket

Reaction score
While I'm having "issues" with said rooting, I find it to be a necessary evil.
I will have a bucket next to me, tho. Bill makes my gut rumble.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
mikeak":3gncymxc said:

100% AGREE WITH YOU... For me the happenings are too close in Ct. especially with myself having a Kindergartner and a pre-school child. After reading and watching those reports makes sports seem so irrelevent. (I feel for those poor parents so close to X-Mas and having this happen to them.)

kidhawk

Reaction score
My most hated team has always been the Raiders (being out of the AFC West, our new division rivals are starting to overtake them), and I remember one year rooting for the Raiders so we could "back into the playoffs". Now THAT was a horrible feeling. At least with this scenario, we still are earning our playoff spot and it's not a final week sitting there watching a score and hoping we get in.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
mikeak":107dwh4g said:

I agree with this.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
WSUhawk4life":1o65ju7f said:
Yeah not really because I love rooting against the Niners so much. It would be a million times worse for me if it was the Steelers vs Niners. Imagine if that was the superbowl haha. I'd feel sick watching that.

On a related note, I still haven't seen a single second of the Steelers/Cardinals Super Bowl. It never happened in my world.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I'll swallow my puke if it means Seattle might win the division.

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
Rocket":2x9yusjj said:
{censored}. PatsFanNH. {censored} PATS FAN !!!

{censored}

{censored}

lol now that is funny! But I don't care you don't like my team, its just a game and in the grand scheme of things I kknow I been a lucky bugger as far as my sports teams go.. So :thirishdrinkers: my friend :thirishdrinkers: party on!

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
I really like the Pats, so not for me. Brady is just incredible to watch, and I just love his underdog story of rising from a 6th round pick to where he is now. His mentality reminds me of Russell Wilson

PatsFanNH

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":rp9yhswq said:
I really like the Pats, so not for me. Brady is just incredible to watch, and I just love his underdog story of rising from a 6th round pick to where he is now. His mentality reminds me of Russell Wilson

Hopefully Pete Carroll is his BB... the two together could be huge. 9I think hawk fans going have to get use to being in a playoff race every year..)