Jamal Adams would welcome a trade

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1273733371449901056[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1273734987548815360[/tweet]

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Apparently he said he would play for these teams without an extension, so wouldn't cost a ton to bring him in but you are going to have to pay him a ton of money in 2021.

I'd be down, doubt it happens though.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Do it. Definitely willing to part with next year's #1 for Adams.

Not just for what he brings as an individual performer, but the energy, toughness, leadership, intensity, and intangibles that the defense has been mission since the LOB was disbanded.

A-Dog

Reaction score
knownone":gkefaj5p said:
What would his cap hit be?

It looks like somewhere around $3.5M for 2020 - which is less than the cap savings for cutting McDougald. He's got two years (2020 and 2021) left on his deal.

If it's true that he's willing to play out 2020 without an extension seems a good deal to trade for him this year you have at least a year to work out an extension.

He's got it all:

Talent (3X Pro Bowler, 2019 1st team all-pro)
Age (only 25)
Health (played all but 2 games over the past 6 years (college and pro combined)
Versatility, (can easily play FS, SS, and Big Nickel, and also lined up at corner and EDGE (6.5 sacks last year) - he is that next-generation chess piece defender that everyone is looking for.
Leadership/Intangibles (team captain as a freshman in college and 2nd year player in the NFL)

Physically, in terms of SPARQ he's middle of the pack (4.56 second 40 @ 214 lbs), but he's got freakishly long arms (33 3/8" which contributes to his versatility, particularly close to the LOS and when covering TEs.

[youtube]aVV56meJ-fk[/youtube]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2o3l4z03 said:
Sports is over til 2021 at least. Fauci is saying NFL wont happen.

Spain, England, Italy, Germany, Korea, Japan, China all playing sports.

Not that this is the topic.

seabowl

Reaction score
Long time Hawk fans remember when Seattle would have never been on anyone's wish list.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He is one of the very best "Seahawk-y" players in the league.

I'd give up a first and a couple of young players (Blair and Pocic would be good adds for the Jets).

knownone

Reaction score
nanomoz":28ijbvev said:
He is one of the very best "Seahawk-y" players in the league.

I'd give up a first and a couple of young players (Blair and Pocic would be good adds for the Jets).
I don't know if I'd want to give up both Blair and a first round pick.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't think safety is where we need to spend a bunch of money. Not now. Adams is an impact player but we are solid at safety as compared to other positions. We could probably attract at least 2 really good, proven, talent for the O Line for less. Or we could pick up Clowney or Yannik. I would jump at any of those other options before I would spend that kind of money at safety.

Fanatics

Reaction score
Better do it quickly before the 49ers get started, they have the funds and need.

Rat

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1gsv4eq2 said:
I don't think safety is where we need to spend a bunch of money. Not now. Adams is an impact player but we are solid at safety as compared to other positions.

Adams is only 24 and on the cusp of becoming the Polamalu of his generation. If we actually get a shot at him, and the cost isn't TOO insane, I'm not passing because we're "solid" at his position. His talent and impact would be a boon to a defense still looking for a new identity since the LOB days. I don't care if safety is our first or eighth weakest position.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
It would be nice to get an impact player and hope they do get Adams.

That being said there are several other positions I wish an impact player like Adams became available in.

Might as well use a 1st rounder. We generally flush ours down the crapper.

mistaowen

Reaction score
He's a guy I was hoping they'd get last year when trade rumors came up. It'll cost a high pick and probably a player with it, along with a megacontract but he's a generational defensive talent at 24.

English12thMan

Reaction score
i'm not sure we should tie up the astronomical amount he'll want / get on his next contract.

Incredible player but I think we could use the cap space else where.

poly1274

Reaction score
seabowl":8v8s9u53 said:
Long time Hawk fans remember when Seattle would have never been on anyone's wish list.

Until we land TJ Houshurmama.

Don't understand the Safety position hype. Remember 2018? Earl was still with the team, and our pass D was so bad. Fix the corner's first, but the pass rush has to be fixed before that lmao.

acer1240

Reaction score
Largent80":lnehqoft said:
He's basically "come and get me" 2.0.

NO.

I'm not sure about that Rob. Everything I've read kinda indicates that the team mislead him last year. I don't have a link or the exact quote but he did say at one point that he wanted to remain with the team for life. The team responded by publicly putting him on the trade block.

This guy is a very rare talent. I wonder if this year's 3rd plus next year's 1st would get it done? I'd be all for that.

Edit to add: Largent80 my well be right according to this aricle:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29345772/trying