Jamal Adams back as... a linebacker?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Nope. He's a liability in coverage and too small and frail to play LB. We'd have a better chance of success by giving his roster spot to some up and coming rookie eager to make a name for himself than we would bringing Adams back in any capacity.

That's an aspect about this dilemma that a lot of otherwise intelligent and football savvy posters are missing. Roster spots are a valuable commodity as there are only 53 of them. We can't afford to be using them in a 1 in 1000 chance of success like we would by bringing back Adams as a LB.
Where did you get the 1 in 1000 chance? Clearly John and Big Mac see it differently.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
A Pete fantasy player that will be healed soon like
all those others and we are still waiting.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Where did you get the 1 in 1000 chance? Clearly John and Big Mac see it differently.
Same place you got your idea that Adams might be of some use.

You don't know what JS and Mac see as a viable option any more than I do. I'm sure that they consider a lot of things, from the practical to the absurd.

Like all NFL GM's and HC's, JS and Mac are going to say the politically correct thing when they're in front of the microphone, especially this time of year when we're a few weeks ahead of the draft. Like Mike Holmgren once said: Everyone lies.

Until there's an announcement that they're actually bringing Adams back, this proposition is nothing than mere speculation.

Last edited:

nanomoz

Reaction score
It would signal such profount hubris on the part of John. I'd lose a little faith.

He couldn't stay healthy as a safety. How in the hell could anyone project that he'd stay healthy as a linebacker? It's madness.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it were anyone else besides Huard, who is a beat reporter with a lot of connections to the Hawks, that came up with this proposition if JS/Mac wouldn't have dismissed it out of hand. Is it possible that they're acknowledging it as a way of letting Huard save face by not discrediting him?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Same place you got your idea that Adams might be of some use.

You don't know what JS and Mac see as a viable option any more than I do. I'm sure that they consider a lot of things, from the practical to the absurd.

Like all NFL GM's and HC's, JS and Mac are going to say the politically correct thing when they're in front of the microphone, especially this time of year when we're a few weeks ahead of the draft. Like Mike Holmgren once said: Everyone lies.

Until there's an announcement that they're actually bringing Adams back, this proposition is nothing than mere speculation.

Nope. Got what I talked about from John. You got yours from your misguided vision of your false reality.

This is why I ignore people like you.

Last edited by a moderator: