"The Boz" to raise the 12 flag Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmat

Reaction score
Per Seahawks Twitter account. Isn’t it rare that they announce ahead of time who the flag raiser is? Not sure how I feel about him for such a big game. Obviously doesn’t really matter for the game, but how fondly is he remembered here actually?

Rat

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect boos. Most Hawks fans havnt been following the team long enough to even know who he is.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":3nm4sg4q said:
I wouldn't expect boos. Most Hawks fans havnt been following the team long enough to even know who he is.

This.

Bosworth is certainly one of the biggest busts in NFL history, but I don't think Hawk fans care about that, or any of the other drama he brought along with him when he arrived.

Plus, he's been a model ex-Hawk for the past decade or so speaking glowingly of his time here, specifically after Chuck Knox died. Said Knox was a very big part of his maturity as a man for the short time he was here.

So, why the hell not.

Torc

Reaction score
Why would anyone boo? He was a quality linebacker in the limited time he played. Short career due to injury, but not a Ryan Leaf head case by any stretch.

NFL.com doesn't list tackle stats for him (were they not tracking those officially yet?) but I remember him having solid numbers. Yeah, he got trucked by Bo Jackson, but who didn't? All the magazines that list him as one of the biggest busts in history must have missed the Aaron Curry years. I guess if you compare hype level with production I can see it, but he didn't have a lack of effort or talent.

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ek3m51s said:
Rat":3ek3m51s said:

This.

Bosworth is certainly one of the biggest busts in NFL history, but I don't think Hawk fans care about that, or any of the other drama he brought along with him when he arrived.

Plus, he's been a model ex-Hawk for the past decade or so speaking glowingly of his time here, specifically after Chuck Knox died. Said Knox was a very big part of his maturity as a man for the short time he was here.

So, why the hell not.

Yeah, it's really hype hyping hype this week. Should be a fun atmosphere.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
pnsFDGnWj

Largent80

Reaction score
Having your career shortened by injury early in your career does NOT make you a bust.

I was ecstatic when we got him in that supplemental draft and was super hyped for a long career. Unfortunately it didn't happen but the guy provided (at the time) a lot of cool vibes and has been nothing but class.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Largent80":2siuwqb1 said:
Having your career shortened by injury early in your career does NOT make you a bust.

I was ecstatic when we got him in that supplemental draft and was super hyped for a long career. Unfortunately it didn't happen but the guy provided (at the time) a lot of cool vibes and has been nothing but class.

That was part of why some people have a problem with him. His shoulders were already bad when he got here, he knew it, and it was never disclosed. He was damaged goods. But I'm with ya. I was super stoked when we got him. I remember when he got his first sack against the Chiefs in the Kingdome you'd have thought we just won the SB or something. It was loud!

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I remember the day he arrived at the Seahawks Headquarters in Kirkland... I was there outside the fence looking in and it was a memorable moment... I think it's great to have him raise the flag in support of The Seahawks and The 12's...

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":bo579tzj said:

Lots of things make you a bust.

How many college players came into the league with more hype and expectation then Bosworth? Dude was on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Just because he was already damaged goods with all the roid usage doesn't mean he wasn't a bust.

Didn't come close to meeting expectations + insane hype = bust.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I remember a game against the Jets in NY, pretty sure it was MNF. During the pregame they showed the marquee outside the stadium. It said: "BRIAN BOSWORTH and the Seattle Seahawks vs the New York Jets". Can you even imagine something like that today? :roll: :lol:

Largent80

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":balxc15a said:
Largent80":balxc15a said:

How many college players came into the league with more hype and expectation then Bosworth? Dude was on the cover of Sports Illustrated.

Just because he was already damaged goods with all the roid usage doesn't mean he wasn't a bust.

Nope, got it wrong AGAIN.

Torc

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1a421ojy said:
Largent80":1a421ojy said:

Lots of dudes get on the cover of sports illustrated. The hype was more excessive because he was in the supplemental draft and you usually don't see first round talents there...if he had been one of 32 first round picks it wouldn't have been such a big deal. Not to mention he was an expert at manipulating the media to generate more hype.

I can accept the idea that he was a bust to a degree (hype vs total production)....but not that he belongs on the list of 'biggest busts of all time'. He was good when he played, unlike some of the folks who do belong on that list (Curry was supposed to be a legit first pick of the draft if someone had grabbed him there, and Leaf was debated about and compared with Peyton Manning).

Status
Not open for further replies.