"The Boz" to raise the 12 flag Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DomeHawk

BlueThunder":g3vv877e said:
KitsapGuy":g3vv877e said:
BlueThunder":g3vv877e said:
Hawkstorian had a good point. He'll be wearing a Seahawks jersey that says "Bosworth" on the back. Two questions: #1: Will it be a throwback or current jersey? And #2... Hawkstorian's question: Will it be 44 or 55? Very curious to see... My guess is current jersey with 55. But throwback with 44 would be MY choice, and probably Boz's too! :2thumbs:

#12 NIKE. Same as always. They didn't change for #71 or #80.

I didn't realize that. That's kinda lame I think. In fact, if I were the player, I think I may be offended a bit by that. Lame. ESPECIALLY HOF'ers #80 and #71...

I have been a Seahawks' fan since day 1, practically grew up in the Kingdome with my family being one of the first to purchase season tickets. I know just about everything there is to know about the Seahawks and am a huge fan of many of the former players.

I can't think of a worse example of a Seahawk than Brian Bosworth.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1b4fng28 said:
BlueThunder":1b4fng28 said:
KitsapGuy":1b4fng28 said:
BlueThunder":1b4fng28 said:
Hawkstorian had a good point. He'll be wearing a Seahawks jersey that says "Bosworth" on the back. Two questions: #1: Will it be a throwback or current jersey? And #2... Hawkstorian's question: Will it be 44 or 55? Very curious to see... My guess is current jersey with 55. But throwback with 44 would be MY choice, and probably Boz's too! :2thumbs:

I didn't realize that. That's kinda lame I think. In fact, if I were the player, I think I may be offended a bit by that. Lame. ESPECIALLY HOF'ers #80 and #71...

I have been a Seahawks' fan since day 1, practically grew up in the Kingdome with my family being one of the first to purchase season tickets. I know just about everything there is to know about the Seahawks and am a huge fan of many of the former players.

On the field? Rick Mirer

D

DomeHawk

Sox-n-Hawks":362xkk55 said:
DomeHawk":362xkk55 said:
BlueThunder":362xkk55 said:
KitsapGuy":362xkk55 said:

On the field? Rick Mirer

He was terrible too but it's apples and oranges with the extenuating circumstances.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2qk7nhsy said:
DomeHawk":2qk7nhsy said:
BlueThunder":2qk7nhsy said:
KitsapGuy":2qk7nhsy said:

On the field? Rick Mirer

Initially he started out not bad, but got Ric Mirer syndrome from such a bad line and supporting cast, didn't have the brains of Wilson nor the speed although he was considered a mobile QB, that guy was pounded with a jack hammer after the first season.

Later teams called it David Carr syndrome, but Ric had it first, actually turned into a not to bad back up later on.

But even then the happy feet and bail was still happening.

justafan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ftmg02cn said:
justafan":ftmg02cn said:
People label him one of the biggest busts of all time but we spent like the 20th pick in the first round for him.

Some of you guys have no idea wth you're talking about. Learn up on your Hawk history before posting. Google reveals all.

Oklahoma linebacker Brian Bosworth was expected to be one of the first players taken in the 1987 NFL Draft after Miami quarterback Vinny Testaverde. Bosworth didn’t want to play for the Indianapolis Colts or the Buffalo Bills, who held the second and third picks, so the two-time Butkus Award winner, who graduated early, entered the supplemental draft instead.

The league had adopted a lottery system for determining the supplemental draft order that year, meaning there was a chance that Indianapolis or Buffalo might be in position to draft Bosworth anyway. Bosworth tried to account for this fact by sending letters to all 28 teams in the league indicating that he would play for only five of them—the Rams, Raiders, Jets, Giants, or Eagles.

On draft day, the Seattle Seahawks, who were awarded the No. 1 pick despite 37-to-1 odds, ignored Bosworth’s warning and drafted him in the first round. Bosworth threatened to sit out the season and enter the league via the regular draft in 1988, but he eventually agreed to a then-record 10-year, $11 million rookie contract. Injuries ended Bosworth’s career after only 24 games

I said I'm cool with Boz raising the 12th man flag, but some of you have some for serious revisionist history with what went down.

Dude did roids, got caught, couldn't even play in Oklahoma's bowl game, tried to manipulate the draft, refused to come here because Seattle wasn't on his list, had a couple mediocre seasons before having to retire because his body was broken due to all the roid usage.

The End

We forfeited our 1st round pick the following year which would have been around the 20 something. He didnt apply for the regular draft, he was in the supplemental draft held after the draft but before the season. I didnt need google I remember it happening. Take your foot and head out at your leisure.

pmedic920

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3mq6efha said:

Either your lying about knowing “almost everything about the Seahawks”, or you just can’t think, like you said.

I’m pretty much neutral on the Bozz but we’ve had a turd or two.

Edit:
Case in point.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerramy_Stevens

schkoot

Reaction score
HansGruber":2340b6dr said:
One of my all-time favorite Seahawks. [. . .] Bow down to the legend and keep your small mouth shut.

This post was sooooooo good that I copy pasted it into a big long argument I am having on a retro seattle facebook page. You would think a lot of the people who were here before the big boom would remember the Boz more fondly. But nope. A lot of them are fairweather types, too.

JPatera76

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3jk2hcyo said:
BlueThunder":3jk2hcyo said:
KitsapGuy":3jk2hcyo said:
BlueThunder":3jk2hcyo said:

Domehawk’s usually response it seems when he feels his fandom is in question. Even though at the start of the season and part of the offseason he was riding the Patriot train prettttttty hard. Dude we get it your a Pan fan, cool. Your one of those “i can like an NFC and an AFC team” but man seriously stop. Oh and no need to tighten up your warrior tape. I got you boo. I forgot about a wonderful feature our boards have.

Idc Who raises the flag, people are gunna be pumped about Lynch more than anything.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
HansGruber":2xngij0e said:
pittpnthrs":2xngij0e said:
He was a bum that seemed to only excel against Denver and Elway and he would definitely not be my choice for raising the flag, but who cares. Boz raising the flag will have about as much relevance as the team signing Lynch again,,,,,not much I'm afraid.

Go back to rooting for the Niners, troll.

Just because I dont think Seattle has any chance of winning doesnt mean I wont be rooting for them.

You just keep trying to convince people and proving NFL historians wrong about how great Bosworth was while the rest of us sane fans continue to laugh at you.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":j5ic9pnm said:
pittpnthrs":j5ic9pnm said:
He was a bum that seemed to only excel against Denver and Elway..........
Even if that were true it would be enough for my admiration.

You have a point

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The Boz is one of the greatest to ever put on a Seahawks uniform. He shredded his shoulders just to give our team a better chance to win each and every week. Have you guys seen him lately? He literally doesn't even have shoulders anymore. It's just arms attached to his neck. And he gave that up just for us.

acer1240

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3apowx1n said:
The Boz is one of the greatest to ever put on a Seahawks uniform. He shredded his shoulders just to give our team a better chance to win each and every week. Have you guys seen him lately? He literally doesn't even have shoulders anymore. It's just arms attached to his neck. And he gave that up just for us.

Yup. He did an interview with 950 the other day. Audio is at the bottom of page.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/740833/former-seahawks-brian-bosworth-humbled-raising-12-flag/

zchurch74

Reaction score
The Boz is why I am a Seahawks fan! Loved him in college as a kid. When he was drafted him i followed him and my allegiance to the Hawks.

D

DomeHawk

JPatera76":3b4b8nlt said:
DomeHawk":3b4b8nlt said:
BlueThunder":3b4b8nlt said:
KitsapGuy":3b4b8nlt said:

Domehawk’s usually response it seems when he feels his fandom is in question. Even though at the start of the season and part of the offseason he was riding the Patriot train prettttttty hard. Dude we get it your a Pan fan, cool. Your one of those “i can like an NFC and an AFC team” but man seriously stop. Oh and no need to tighten up your warrior tape. I got you boo. I forgot about a wonderful feature our boards have.

Idc Who raises the flag, people are gunna be pumped about Lynch more than anything.

If you had a brain or even a modicum of reading comprehension you would know that the posts you reference were in were about the need for the Seahawks to draft a possession receiver with the loss of ADB.

I am NOT a fan of the Patriots nor have I ever been. In their victory parade they mocked us and that made my hatred of their franchise worse.

Having said that, I do acknowledge their success and believe that Belichick is the greatest NFL coach of his generation. That cannot be denied by anyone with half a brain whom has the ability to remain objective.

If you are going to make posts about me at least try to be close to the truth.

D

DomeHawk

The Boz is a bum, everyone in my section has agreed that we will all stand and flip him the finger at the flag raising.

Hope they show it on TV.

pmedic920

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3chnlyw6 said:
The Boz is a bum, everyone in my section has agreed that we will all stand and flip him the finger at the flag raising.

Hope they show it on TV.

Class act.

You Rock!!!!!

Your section is playing you for the Baffoon you are.

They will say ready set go, then all sit down leaving you in all your glory.

I too hope it’s on TV

D

DomeHawk

If you are going to the game please join us in booing the Boz!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.