"The Boz" to raise the 12 flag Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torc

Reaction score
I still want randy johnson to raise the flag for this one game playoff for the division title. I could totally see him meeting with the team beforehand and getting them pumped, and the crowd would go bananas. Ah, well. :)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":p36bvqq1 said:
So this is gonna happen. Could this be the first time we've heard boo's during the flag raising?

https://q13fox.com/2019/12/27/the-boz-r ... awks-game/

Not so much boos and laughter.
Boz always seems to have the stereotype of a joke that got his career ended by Bo Jackson, which is a shame because like Largent said he wasn't a bad player by any stretch.
Watch Collinsworth make some smart remark like "Well Al, here's a guy that didn't really pan out."

ivotuk

Reaction score
Torc":3klfbct7 said:
Why would anyone boo? He was a quality linebacker in the limited time he played. Short career due to injury, but not a Ryan Leaf head case by any stretch.

NFL.com doesn't list tackle stats for him (were they not tracking those officially yet?) but I remember him having solid numbers. Yeah, he got trucked by Bo Jackson, but who didn't? All the magazines that list him as one of the biggest busts in history must have missed the Aaron Curry years. I guess if you compare hype level with production I can see it, but he didn't have a lack of effort or talent.

And This. He played so hard his body couldn't take it. Same thing happened to Bo Jackson. His hip dislocated from hard running and hitting.

Neither were a bust. JaMarcus Russell was a bust. Tony Mandarich was a bust.

I remember the playoff game vs Houston, the Oilers were holding him so much, and he was playing so hard that it tore his jersey almost clean off.

And like someone mentioned, he's been a model Ex-Seahawk, pulling over to assist a motorist with car trouble. He also took the time to sign a LOT of books, even though they were "selling like hotcakes."

Cheer the man. He played hard for this franchise.

Rat

Reaction score
It seems like some people have become so frustrated with the general public overstating his problems, that they swing it back around and act like he wasn't a bust at all. There was some bad luck in there, but didn't he play a role in a decent amount of his own problems? Regardless, he seems humbled, so that's good.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
The boz could play, he proved it. Aaron curry was a bust. He couldn't play. at all. the Boz wasn't a bust.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
2_0_6":2natga7n said:
The Boz and the Beast in the same building at the same time?

Yes Lawd!
:34853_doh: -- :229031_thewave:
The Boz? yay... :curious: wut?..... I just peed a little bit...……………………………………….NOt!!!
First we hear that Lynch has signed and we RAISE THE SAILS, then we get news that the Boz will be helping everyone celebrate by raising the flag, and the news TAKES THE WIND OUT OF THOSE SAILS.
I don't hate or even dislike the guy, but this pretty much runs counter to the feel good for a lot of us old duffers.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not Boz's fault his body broke down, also not his fault they didn't do a good work up and examine on him before using a supplemental pick. Boz went 100 percent all the time, what ever it was that day, he could hardly lift his arms and would get himself ready to go play that last season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":4sh2u5wo said:
One guy saying he was a bust also doesn't make him a bust, it makes the fan the bust.

Yeah it's just me.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/04/nfl-dr ... gest-busts

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/909 ... me#slide45

Bust, disappointment. You guys can make all the excuses you want for why Boz didn't live up to the hype. But by any stretch of the conversation, he was a bust. He was a Heisman finalist, 2 x Butkus award winner, and would have been a top 5 pick in the draft if he wasn't dismissed from the team for being suspended by the NCAA for using roids and had to enter the supplemental draft.

But he's cool with me and I have no problem with him raising the 12th man flag. He's a well known ex-Hawk and should get the crowd fired up.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SeatownJay":26dq2mcp said:
Anyone that boos during that ceremony is an idiot and deserves to be ejected from the stadium.

Little hard on the Beaver, Ward.

Actually I agree.

Regardless of past feelings that’s just not the time/place.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I actually liked the movie Stone Cold so I'm okay with it...better than some of the horrible raisers from the past...like Dave Matthew's comes to mind.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm definitely not against the Boz doing it, but with everyone excited about Lynch coming back, I'm surprised they didn't give a player from that era the honor. I'm guessing maybe they've had this in mind for a while.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lynch and The Boz are cut from the same cloth, square pegs in a round hole, they both don't fit in what one would call the norm, Boz his way and Lynch his way, both give and or gave everything they had every play, both marketed themselves well for outside the business of football opportunities.

Really is kinda of fitting Boz is raising the flag if you think about it.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Brian Bosworth has come to terms with who he is. He accepts his past and has learned from it. If he has done that so should any Seahawks fan. As stated above, he has spoken glowingly about the franchise since he played.

Respect is what he deserves. So give it to him.

Allow him to start the night right.

GO HAWKS!!

sutz

Reaction score
The only thing that bothered me about the Boz was all the self-promotion. He did it before it was cool.

I do remember he was the only guy we had that could run down John Elway. That alone makes him worth it to me. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.