"The Boz" to raise the 12 flag Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Gotta say it one more time:

Boz is one of the greatest Seahawks ever.

Real fans know it.

I'm so jacked up for this. Don't even care if we lose. Seeing Marshawn and Boz in Hawks colors in the building at the same time? Someone pinch me.

Let's go Hawks!!!!

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Hawkstorian had a good point. He'll be wearing a Seahawks jersey that says "Bosworth" on the back. Two questions: #1: Will it be a throwback or current jersey? And #2... Hawkstorian's question: Will it be 44 or 55? Very curious to see... My guess is current jersey with 55. But throwback with 44 would be MY choice, and probably Boz's too! :2thumbs:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He was a bum that seemed to only excel against Denver and Elway and he would definitely not be my choice for raising the flag, but who cares. Boz raising the flag will have about as much relevance as the team signing Lynch again,,,,,not much I'm afraid.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
BlueThunder":35frhhrz said:
Hawkstorian had a good point. He'll be wearing a Seahawks jersey that says "Bosworth" on the back. Two questions: #1: Will it be a throwback or current jersey? And #2... Hawkstorian's question: Will it be 44 or 55? Very curious to see... My guess is current jersey with 55. But throwback with 44 would be MY choice, and probably Boz's too! :2thumbs:

#12 NIKE. Same as always. They didn't change for #71 or #80.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":27x83c5a said:
BlueThunder":27x83c5a said:

#12 NIKE. Same as always. They didn't change for #71 or #80.

I didn't realize that. That's kinda lame I think. In fact, if I were the player, I think I may be offended a bit by that. Lame. ESPECIALLY HOF'ers #80 and #71...

olyfan63

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2x098di1 said:
Boz is a con artist, period.
You're such a ferocious KEYBOARD WARRIOR!
Do you need some ibuprofen for your wrists to get ready for you next post, playing through the pain, giving it all FOR THE TEAM?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
I was half right. They are the Nike's. But they wear their own numbers. I'm going to say 55 as well.

05232017 cortezb 1128373 780x655

olyfan63

Reaction score
Bosworth was a much better player than a lot of ignorant people give him credit for. His body, specifically shoulders, could not stand up to the NFL pounding. Watch some of his highlights from 87-89, but especially 87, his rookie season, when his body was healthy.

When I watch those, I see a fast, smart, hard-hitting NFL linebacker.
Bosworth's rookie season highlights; especially note his nifty play against the Bears where he rips the ball away from the RB and returns it to the 1-yard line, setting up a Seahawks TD.
[youtube]TclDlCXfJUk[/youtube]

Bosworth's 1988 Highlights
[youtube]rOEiGPo-AF4[/youtube]

olyfan63

Reaction score
HansGruber":25evhee7 said:
One of my all-time favorite Seahawks. He was the original legion of boom - talked smack like Sherman and hit like Chancellor, played with as much heart as Beast Mode. Guy was lights out whenever he was on the field. And if you actually saw the Bo Jackson play in person, like I did, you knew it was freakish athleticism that he was even able to get to Jackson considering he was rushing the QB from the edge on the opposite side of the line on that play. It was crazy that he was even able to get across the line and over to that side as quick as he did. But they never show that on highlight films, which is all most of these haters have ever seen.

-snip- of lots of great stuff and awesome story

Boz is a legend. And anyone who calls him a bust is a newbie that wasn't there and has no business talking about him. Name anything in your life that compares with his accomplishments in the NFL. You don't have any. Bow down to the legend and keep your small mouth shut.

DomeHawk, I dedicate that last brilliant paragraph from Hans to you. Of course, by now you're probably in the bathroom throwing up and tightening up the tape on your (typing finger) joints like Boz did before big games, playing through the pain of a hangnail or two before off-work nail-clipper surgery, just like Boz played through many games of a busted shoulder before offseason shoulder surgery. Dude, you are such a WARRIOR!

So gullible to media fake narratives this one is... watch the actual Bo Jackson play, watch the angles, think about the physics, and how could any human have done more than Bosworth did? If it's 3rd and 2 at the 10 yard line, Bosworth makes the tackle at the 9, short of a first down. Most NFL players would have gotten run over and not actually even tackled Bo, and or wouldnt've had the speed to even be in position to do anything but wave as Bo went by.

I hope people go watch some of Boz's highlight videos I posted a bit ago, and then a few more, and learn to start enjoying him for the player he was, rather than castigating him for all the years that could have been. Those would have been great years with him in a Seahawks uni playing at an all-pro level, but didn't happen because his body failed him. Not his heart, not his effort, not his study, those he did not fail on, but his body failed on him.

Vesuve

Reaction score
timmat":3cguxifk said:
Per Seahawks Twitter account. Isn’t it rare that they announce ahead of time who the flag raiser is? Not sure how I feel about him for such a big game. Obviously doesn’t really matter for the game, but how fondly is he remembered here actually?

I read his Bio book "The Boz" in the 80s.

Sounded arrogant.

No opinion of him.

With he didn't get injured.

HansGruber

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2oqi5cl8 said:
He was a bum that seemed to only excel against Denver and Elway and he would definitely not be my choice for raising the flag, but who cares. Boz raising the flag will have about as much relevance as the team signing Lynch again,,,,,not much I'm afraid.

Go back to rooting for the Niners, troll.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Vesuve":2altw73t said:
I read his Bio book "The Boz" in the 80s.

Sounded arrogant.

No opinion of him.

With he didn't get injured.

Did you see him play? No? You read a book? Oh that's cool.

I read a book about Chinese cuisine once and decided I didn't like it. I read a book about Salieri and decided I hated Opera. Oh that sounds super ignorant? Hey, ignorance is fashionable. Doesn't matter if you never experienced something and have no actual firsthand knowledge of it. We all want to hear your opinion on it anyway. It's so refreshing to hear blind people give their opinions of rainbows, and deaf people to tell us about music. I LOVE IT.

HansGruber

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2qzjz746 said:
Sherman could back up his talk, Boz could not.

Untrue. But you would know that if you were actually around back then and saw him play.

But thanks for your opinion anyway, 2012.

Sometimes I wish these new fans would just keep their mouths shut about the 1980's Seahawks. It's obvious to anyone who was around back then that you weren't. So you just sound like a Pats fan. Don't remember the NFL before 1999 but more than happy to share your opinion on it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Torc":28d6db7a said:
Why would anyone boo? He was a quality linebacker in the limited time he played. Short career due to injury, but not a Ryan Leaf head case by any stretch.

NFL.com doesn't list tackle stats for him (were they not tracking those officially yet?) but I remember him having solid numbers. Yeah, he got trucked by Bo Jackson, but who didn't? All the magazines that list him as one of the biggest busts in history must have missed the Aaron Curry years. I guess if you compare hype level with production I can see it, but he didn't have a lack of effort or talent.

Except he didn’t get trucked. He tackled him. Sure, the goal line was there, but had it not been it would been like any other 4 yard run that happens in every NFL game.

rUOW6A.gif

justafan

Reaction score
People label him one of the biggest busts of all time but we spent like the 20th pick in the first round for him. Every team in the league would have made that pick and sacrificed next years No 1. If he was the first player taken in the draft I could see it. I can think of several worse picks we have made pretty easily. You could probably find 50 picks worse than him league wide if anyone cared to look.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
justafan":3gob901v said:
People label him one of the biggest busts of all time but we spent like the 20th pick in the first round for him.

Some of you guys have no idea wth you're talking about. Learn up on your Hawk history before posting. Google reveals all.

Oklahoma linebacker Brian Bosworth was expected to be one of the first players taken in the 1987 NFL Draft after Miami quarterback Vinny Testaverde. Bosworth didn’t want to play for the Indianapolis Colts or the Buffalo Bills, who held the second and third picks, so the two-time Butkus Award winner, who graduated early, entered the supplemental draft instead.

The league had adopted a lottery system for determining the supplemental draft order that year, meaning there was a chance that Indianapolis or Buffalo might be in position to draft Bosworth anyway. Bosworth tried to account for this fact by sending letters to all 28 teams in the league indicating that he would play for only five of them—the Rams, Raiders, Jets, Giants, or Eagles.

On draft day, the Seattle Seahawks, who were awarded the No. 1 pick despite 37-to-1 odds, ignored Bosworth’s warning and drafted him in the first round. Bosworth threatened to sit out the season and enter the league via the regular draft in 1988, but he eventually agreed to a then-record 10-year, $11 million rookie contract. Injuries ended Bosworth’s career after only 24 games

I said I'm cool with Boz raising the 12th man flag, but some of you have some for serious revisionist history with what went down.

Dude did roids, got caught, couldn't even play in Oklahoma's bowl game, tried to manipulate the draft, refused to come here because Seattle wasn't on his list, had a couple mediocre seasons before having to retire because his body was broken due to all the roid usage.

The End

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Nothing untrue there --- but you gotta admit it was a fun ride. Probably the most exciting/anticipated addition to the team up to that point except for probably Curt Warner. Yeah, it was a lot of smoke and mirrors but you have to admit we were entertained.

And ---- he did play some decent ball when his shoulders weren't disintegrating like they got snapped by Thanos.

D

DomeHawk

HansGruber":2sdnmfcn said:
DomeHawk":2sdnmfcn said:
Sherman could back up his talk, Boz could not.

Untrue. But you would know that if you were actually around back then and saw him play.

But thanks for your opinion anyway, 2012.

Sometimes I wish these new fans would just keep their mouths shut about the 1980's Seahawks. It's obvious to anyone who was around back then that you weren't. So you just sound like a Pats fan. Don't remember the NFL before 1999 but more than happy to share your opinion on it.

I've seen just about every Seahawks' home game ever played.

Status
Not open for further replies.