Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

R-E-L-A-X

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
R-E-L-A-X
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:27 am
  • Everyone, please take a deep breath and relax. It’s just game 1... We have a very long season ahead of us.

Russell Wilson will throw for 30+ TDS again this season. Denver had all off season to prepare for him and they came with a excellent rush scheme. Luckily for us, Rusell will adept like he always has. He will learn from the tape the way Denver attacked him and will adjust accordingly.

Regarding our RB’s. There is no need to force feed any of them just yet. It’s still at the very beginning parts of the season and we will need healthy and strong backs for the final stretch. Sure Penny looked lost at times and a step slower, but he’s a rookie. Give him time.

Earl had to be a on a pitch count. They could not have him play all game long, he would have risked injury. Especially now that he’s 29 and isn’t getting any younger.

With as much turnover as we’ve had, to only lose by 3 in one of the toughest home openers in the NFL, is quite the statement.

The season will be a good one. We are fast, we are hungry and we are young again.

PS. I think those refs had donkey jerseys underneath those pin stripes
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Re: R-E-L-A-X
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:30 am
  • ApnaHawk wrote:Everyone, please take a deep breath and relax. It’s just game 1... We have a very long season ahead of us.

Russell Wilson will throw for 30+ TDS again this season. Denver had all off season to prepare for him and they came with a excellent rush scheme. Luckily for us, Rusell will adept like he always has. He will learn from the tape the way Denver attacked him and will adjust accordingly.

Regarding our RB’s. There is no need to force feed any of them just yet. It’s still at the very beginning parts of the season and we will need healthy and strong backs for the final stretch. Sure Penny looked lost at times and a step slower, but he’s a rookie. Give him time.

Earl had to be a on a pitch count. They could not have him play all game long, he would have risked injury. Especially now that he’s 29 and isn’t getting any younger.

With as much turnover as we’ve had, to only lose by 3 in one of the toughest home openers in the NFL, is quite the statement.

The season will be a good one. We are fast, we are hungry and we are young again.

Didn't Seattle and Ifedi have all off season to prepare also?
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:32 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:Everyone, please take a deep breath and relax. It’s just game 1... We have a very long season ahead of us.

Ifedi is who he is. He’s not nowhere near the level of Von and quite frankly I don’t ever expect him to be good. Reports have came out talking about his entitlement feeling and such.

Did you seriously believe we can lock down Von Miller with this o-line?
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:33 am
  • I will take happy sunshine over cloudy rain any day of the week (one).

There are legitimate gripes for 12's to digest and discuss today. I will not undermine nor ignore those. But there are indeed two types of people in this world and that fact never shines more brightly than the day after a loss on .NET.

Which side do you fall on?

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:36 am
  • ApnaHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:Everyone, please take a deep breath and relax. It’s just game 1... We have a very long season ahead of us.

Ifedi is who he is. He’s not nowhere near the level of Von and quite frankly I don’t ever expect him to be good. Reports have came out talking about his entitlement feeling and such.

We are very quick to agree!!

Now you know why I cannot relax. :twisted: :3-1:

Now on Miller... Did you notice we often sent out our "blocking TE" on routes then kept him out much of the 2nd half? That is not helping your biggest weakness is it?
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:38 am
  • Including pre-season and last year, we are 1-8 over the last 9 games. Im trying to relax but this is not looking good at the moment.
    SpokaneHawks
    NET Starter

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:50 am
  • Didn't we have a "RELAX" thread last year?

The same one where we missed the playoffs entirely and then set records for offensive futility in the 1st half of games?

I seem to remember one after a few games because everyone was freaking out that we weren't scoring until the 2nd half (generally the 4th quarter)
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:04 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

Now on Miller... Did you notice we often sent out our "blocking TE" on routes then kept him out much of the 2nd half? That is not helping your biggest weakness is it?

I didn’t get why we didn’t chip Von Miller more often. I think we did more in the first quarter and half because we kept him quiet but I’d have to watch the game again to figure that out.

I’d like to think it has to do with pitch counts on players especially in that alitude. You know Pete is very cautious with his players health and well being. Maybe they kept Dissly out because this is his first NFL season and any extra snap will hurt him in December in the final stretch.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:08 am
  • ApnaHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

If Pete cant find offensive linemen that are actually hungry and willing to learn then he has really lost his way. How the hell is someone that is as bad as Ifedi and feels self entitled still on this team? Are they really that incompetent when it comes to finding O-linemen?
    strohmin
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:13 am
  • ApnaHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:
    Seymour wrote:

I didn’t get why we didn’t chip Von Miller more often. I think we did more in the first quarter and half because we kept him quiet but I’d have to watch the game again to figure that out.

I’d like to think it has to do with pitch counts on players especially in that alitude. You know Pete is very cautious with his players health and well being. Maybe they kept Dissly out because this is his first NFL season and any extra snap will hurt him in December in the final stretch.

And maybe if we keep out key players that are having great games then the December "final stretch" will have zero meaning except which pick we get in 2019???
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:15 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Didn't we have a "RELAX" thread last year?

The same one where we missed the playoffs entirely and then set records for offensive futility in the 1st half of games?

I seem to remember one after a few games because everyone was freaking out that we weren't scoring until the 2nd half (generally the 4th quarter)

Sure, and we had plenty of threads/comments last year about the bet thing for the Seahawks would be for them to miss the playoffs because of "change".

So just like whatever, across the board.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Seattle scored in every quarter.
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:12 pm
  • ApnaHawk wrote:Everyone, please take a deep breath and relax. It’s just game 1... We have a very long season ahead of us.

Don't tell me how to live my life. No REASONABLE fan is expecting SB or even playoffs this year. BUT we're hoping to see changes, and what we saw was more of the same. That is the frustration. We want new, even if it resulted in a bigger loss.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:18 pm
  • Can't relax when Khalil Mack will prob break Russell Wilson in half next monday.
    12thbrah
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:48 pm
  • People have been saying he's gonna' get broken in half most of his career.
    Now, will our coaching stuff actually figure out that you need to run the ball as well?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:03 pm
  • ZagHawk wrote:
    ApnaHawk wrote:

We're hoping to see changes, and what we saw was more of the same. That is the frustration. We want new, even if it resulted in a bigger loss.

Deleted some for brevity, think I got the main points in there.

It's just one game, I would give them 4 games to see if they got things figured out because as much as you try to change things that's not real-game experience.

So many variables and unknowns year, I swear listening to the broadcast i almost recognized NO names. That said, I'm on the wait and see side. I won't be surprised if they go 5 and 11, won't be surprised if they guy 9 and 7. Huge variables, huge standard deviation.

I'm almost surprised they won this one and that they only lost by 3.

Can't wait to re-assess after Game 4.
    byau
    NET Veteran

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:07 pm
  • I AM RELAXED!!

j/k..........I'm cool, cause I don't think we're going to do better than 8-8, so it's all good. That's the key people in a rebuild, keep your expectations low.

But I like what I see out of our young player so far. Uncle Will, Griffin, Flowers, Penny, Carson looks great. So I have hope that Pete and John will get this train rolling again.

Just not gonna be this year.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:21 pm

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Reason why most are frustrated because we’ve seen this same team for years now. So until the hawks play consistent ball it’s going to be sky is falling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12thmanNY
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:30 am
  • That loss was about like losing to the (ex) San Diego Chargers in the heat, on grass. Regrettable, but not the final word in our season by any means.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:48 am
  • Meh, I'm not losing a bit of sleep over the loss. Bring on Chicago then back to the Clink to take on the Cowgirls.
    2018 Adopt a Rookie: Rashaad Penny

Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:07 am
  • If anyone can feel relaxed they must have better weed then me. Get off the PETE CARROLL "the glass is half full bs". Its a long season they got 15 more games to get it right...blah blah blah. Smoke and mirrors again just like the last two years. I will make it simple for the eternal optimists ........the Seattle Seahawks do not have good OL. They do not have a pass rush.They have a QB that is unreliable and can't be coached. And most of this is on Pete Carroll. This should be his last season. His rah rah shit doesn't work. Smackin his gum and clapping hands ain't cuttin it.
    xray
    NET Rookie

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:21 am
  • xray wrote:If anyone can feel relaxed they must have better weed then me. Get off the PETE CARROLL "the glass is half full bs". Its a long season they got 15 more games to get it right...blah blah blah. Smoke and mirrors again just like the last two years. I will make it simple for the eternal optimists ........the Seattle Seahawks do not have good OL. They do not have a pass rush.They have a QB that is unreliable and can't be coached. And most of this is on Pete Carroll. This should be his last season. His rah rah shit doesn't work. Smackin his gum and clapping hands ain't cuttin it.

Glum approves of this post!

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:39 am

Kickers matter, two losses were "Entirely" on Walsh last season, taking us out of the "playoffs"
    Having a Run Game matters.
    Having a DECENT Offensive Line matters
    Will Dissly showed how a BLOCKING TE can really help your game.
    We lost by a mere 3 points, PLAYING AN AWAY GAME IN DENVER...Just let that sink in a minute....THREE POINTS to a GOOD TEAM, WITH HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.

Relax.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:45 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:We lost by a mere 3 points, PLAYING AN AWAY GAME IN DENVER...Just let that sink in a minute....THREE POINTS to a GOOD TEAM, WITH HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.

Relax.

Err, I have some bad news for you scutter, Denver is not a very good team.

They're in the same 7-9 to 9-7 limbo we are this year, but with a much better D-line.............and if we want to have an above .500 record? Then that was they type of game we need to win.

Doesn't mean I'm going to freak out, cause I don't have high expectations this year for the Hawks. But if you think we played well and competed against a good team? You're sadly mistaken. Denver's probably going to be fighting for last place in their own division.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:52 am
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    TwistedHusky wrote:Didn't we have a "RELAX" thread last year?

Kickers matter, two losses were "Entirely" on Walsh last season, taking us out of the "playoffs"
    Having a Run Game matters.
    Having a DECENT Offensive Line matters
    Will Dissly showed how a BLOCKING TE can really help your game.
    We lost by a mere 3 points, PLAYING AN AWAY GAME IN DENVER...Just let that sink in a minute....THREE POINTS to a GOOD TEAM, WITH HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.

Relax.

I agree with everything except 2 points. 1) Kickers matter. Are we any better? We lost 1 already due to kicker. 2) Loss by 3 points to a good team IMO is a real stretch. I think Denver is between an average to a poor team (coming off a 5-11 season--need to prove something here) Very debatable they are "good".
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:59 am
  • You’re asking some fans here to be reasonable, have a broad perspective, and to judge all the shake ups we’ve had fairly. In other words, you’re asking for too much. Unless we win and possibly make it to the playoffs, you’re going to see those with no real analysis of the game scream “It’s more of the same!!”. After one week 1 away game. Like I always say, glad these people don’t run a franchise
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:14 am
  • There is massive up-side to the Seahawks. Massive turnover on D, and Earl (the qb of the D) never got a chance to practice with them (lots of rookies) until this week. He couldn't play the whole game, and we got corn-holed while he was out--he will be able to play more, and so will KJ Wright (pro-bowler, thank you very much), coming off his injury in a couple weeks. Our D has MASSIVE up-side. Massive turnover on the offense, in key positions (lots of rookies)--out O has MASSIVE potential. Both O and D coordinators are new, installing a new system with lots of rookies. The systems have MASSIVE upside.

I don't know about you, but I am (MASSIVELY) excited about how good this team can be.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:16 am
  • We are learning a new offense. But we are missing our most important piece. (or 2nd most important if you count the QB)

The offense is going to be better. The run game already is.

The defense I don't expect much from. It might improve a little, but we are going to drop from a #13 ranked defense (and we were #9 in scores allowed per opponent possession last year BTW) to something like #20. Maybe worse, not last but not great. (Go watch Raider defense in games last year - that is the DC we have).

Generally, while the HC matters greatly, coordinators have a massive impact on the success or failure of a team in football. A great HC with poor coordinators generally still gets you substandard results.

Schotty is obviously an improvement. I doubt he is going to be the great offensive mind we needed to vault this team, full of offensive weapons now, back into contention. He looks about average though he did a good job of improving the run game.

Norton was great as a LB coach with great LBs, but as a DC he hasn't been even average. We are going to find this out when we find out that Denver does not even have a good offense. This is going to be a problem, I don't know that more time to 'learn the system' fixes things. We will get better, but not enough to be a threat in any sort of playoff game.

It is Game 1. Game 1s you always look worse. But this year the schedule does not look to work well for us. The eye test also looks like we have fallen back to the rest of pack as far as how good this team is. That should be expected though. We all expected 7-9 to 9-7ish record and that is likely what we are going to get.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:21 am
  • Denver is 18 - 1 in Home Openers. Advantage Denver

We have a new offensive line, they have Von Miller and Bradley Chubb. Advantage Denver

We lost our best receiver.

Where was Jaron Brown?

Defenses have the advantage early in the season, and Denver's defense was mostly unchanged from last year. Ours, a lot of rookies and per Earl, they struggled to communicate. Remember, our "starting DBs both went on IR before the season started, putting as at an extreme disadvantage.

I'm not worried. In fact, I'm encouraged because despite the newness of the defense, there were some positive things.

The things I didn't like, only 14 runs. Russell got sacked 6 times. That takes a toll on any QB. TURNOVERS! FUMBLES!

And how anyone can blame all of this on Russell is beyond me. He has set records year after year after year. 19 Touchdowns in the 4th quarter last year when our defense was failing. That's an NFL Record! Consider all of the "elite" QBs in the history of the NFL and they never did that.

And WHAT, was with that phony ass touchdown for Denver?! "Incomplete!" "No, it's a touchdown" Let's look at replay..."the play stands."

I think there was enough there to overturn the TD, but what do I know?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:09 am
  • The Seabass misses low-key really hurt us. If we have kicking issues even close to as bad as last year, I will be unable to relax.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:30 am
  • Bump...

Game 2 does not have me feeling any better.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:31 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information