R-E-L-A-X

John63

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":zb5i2dt8 said:
K.J. Wright chimed in with a dose of reality.

https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-lb-k-j-wright-russell-wilson-isn-t-going-anywhere

"I was kind of caught off-guard myself but looking back at it, Russ isn't going anywhere," Wright declared. "As long as I'm in Seattle, Russ is going to be the quarterback. He means too much to us. He means way too much to this organization, he means way too much to this city.

Yup hmm that is what an ICON is wow.

Boycie

Reaction score
seabowl":2v05255l said:
Fade":2v05255l said:
Uhttp3A2F2Fiimgurcom2FwJTZIPB
Tone deaf OP :D :D :D

Mark Rodgers literally leaked to the media which teams Wilson would be willing to be traded to. 2021 is probably Wilson's last year with the Seahawks without a serious come to Jesus moment.

Riiiight. And Bob Sugar was an honest agent. This is what they do my friend. They lie to pump up the leverage.

Hey if Dickie Dunne wrote it, it must be true.

He did try to capture the spirit of the thing.

hinton

Reaction score
John63":wujzqn2r said:
hinton":wujzqn2r said:
FresnoHawk68":wujzqn2r said:
Seattle has had years to make RW happy and the 2020 season proves they’re trying to drive RW out of the Franchise!!

They were trying to drive him out the franchise by letting him cook until he sh*t the bed, then essentially letting him hire the next OC when the season ended?

Seems a strange way to 'drive' a player out of town.

Russ needs to shut up and improve his QB play. For the last few years he seems to be playing a game to get more power and control, and he's not good at it. If he's focused on his 'legacy' then he needs to focus purely on his QB play.

PC/JS need to upgrade the o-line and keep the core talent together.

SW needs to come up with a good offensive philosophy and hold Wilson to account.

Everyone else needs to chill.

Well that's 1 minutes I can't get back.

Hmmm, It's almost like you've formed an opinion and you're unwilling to be receptive to anything contrary...

John63

Reaction score
hinton":1hs7x59v said:
John63":1hs7x59v said:
hinton":1hs7x59v said:
FresnoHawk68":1hs7x59v said:
Seattle has had years to make RW happy and the 2020 season proves they’re trying to drive RW out of the Franchise!!

They were trying to drive him out the franchise by letting him cook until he sh*t the bed, then essentially letting him hire the next OC when the season ended?

Russ needs to shut up and improve his QB play. For the last few years he seems to be playing a game to get more power and control, and he's not good at it. If he's focused on his 'legacy' then he needs to focus purely on his QB play.

SW needs to come up with a good offensive philosophy and hold Wilson to account.

Well that's 1 minutes I can't get back.

Hmmm, It's almost like you've formed an opinion and you're unwilling to be receptive to anything contrary...

I am very open to contrary but you did not say anything that has already been said you basically snapped at everyone and told us to chill. If you came up with something new I would have read and it and gave my thoughts.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
hinton":ld8a79tk said:
FresnoHawk68":ld8a79tk said:

No no no! They should have drafted Mahomes or Allen! They better draft someone of equal outcome or they failed the Seahawk Franchise! I could careless about RW except for the fact I need him for draft picks! RW sitting there stewing watching the Super Bowl give me a break!

I’m sitting here pissed off Allen or Mahomes isn’t a Seahawk! I trust John & Pete but if they don’t get the next top 5 QB I’m going to be pissed. In fact the truth is whoever they draft should be better than Mahomes & Allen!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2zpqxc76 said:
seabowl":2zpqxc76 said:
Fade":2zpqxc76 said:
Uhttp3A2F2Fiimgurcom2FwJTZIPB
Tone deaf OP :D :D :D

Mark Rodgers literally leaked to the media which teams Wilson would be willing to be traded to. 2021 is probably Wilson's last year with the Seahawks without a serious come to Jesus moment.

Riiiight. And Bob Sugar was an honest agent. This is what they do my friend. They lie to pump up the leverage.

Hey if Dickie Dunne wrote it, it must be true.

He did try to capture the spirit of the thing.

Leave it to a Canadian to know what I was talking about.
Let's go Islanders!!!

SNDavidson

Reaction score
What are the odds PC FINALLY takes his hands off the offence, that’s the solution to get back to the sb, he needs to be hands off on offensive draft too. Listen to Russ’s suggestions of FAs as well.

Fade

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2rljj4lt said:
No no no! They should have drafted Mahomes or Allen! They better draft someone of equal outcome or they failed the Seahawk Franchise! I could careless about RW except for the fact I need him for draft picks! RW sitting there stewing watching the Super Bowl give me a break!

I’m sitting here pissed off Allen or Mahomes isn’t a Seahawk! I trust John & Pete but if they don’t get the next top 5 QB I’m going to be pissed. In fact the truth is whoever they draft should be better than Mahomes & Allen!

2Fmediagiphycom2Fmedia2FMnWbFsmlpcBKU2Fgiphy

Do you really think Allen would've developed properly in Seattle? LMAO. The Bills gave him topflight coaching, an O-Line and Weapons. Still took him until year 3 for the lightbulb to go on. That's with proper development.

Seattle would've retarded his development. Allen in Seattle would've been severely hamstrung by the scheme, and a bust.

Watch Mahomes in the Superbowl, that is what he would look like here. 2 high coverage, O-Line that can't hold up, running for his life.

If it was that easy to just go into the draft and grab a top 5 QB every team would do it. They are unicorns. They don't even appear in most drafts.

The best QB of each draft class:

2010: Sam Bradford (need the 1st overall pick to draft him.)
2011: Cam Newton (1st overall)
2012: Russell Wilson (75th overall)
2013: Mike Glennon (73rd Overall)
2014: Derek Carr (36th Overall)
2015: Jameis Winston (1st Overall)
2016: Dak Prescott (135th Overall)
2017: Mahomes (10th) Watson (12th) Best QB draft since '04.
2018: Josh Allen (7th Overall)
2019: Kyler Murray (1st Overall)
2020: Justin Herbert (6th Overall) (Still early, could change.)

131 QB taken in total over the last 11 drafts. Even when you only look at 1st rounders, you come away with mostly busts, and mediocres as well.

Most of the Best QBs in any given draft go #1 overall, even then none of them won a Superbowl. Sucking for Luck, or Lawrence, or whoever doesn't usually workout. You have to go back to Eli Manning.

How many do you think would've done a better job playing behind that Seattle O-Line for 9 seasons, in Pete's dinosaur system?

The only QBs to do anything worthy of Franchise play taken outside of the top 12 were Wilson & Dak. In 11 drafts!

How many of these guys would be considered top 5 right now, playing in said system?

And trading Wilson for say THREE 1st rounders, that will be ultimately late 1st round picks. Means you would have to package them to move into the top 10 in hopes of drafting a future top 5 QB. Where the odds say he won't be. This is why the bad teams stay bad. Taking what you think is the top QB prospect guarantees nothing. Most likely he will suck too.
Especially if the team cannot properly build around the rookie QB. Pete doesn't build around the QB. He builds around the running game. And without Lynch he has been mostly terrible at it.

Franchises go through decades of futility trying to get one. And when they do finally nab one, most franchises do everything they can to build around them. 1st round picks on O-Line. 1st round picks on weapons, top flight coaching, etc.

The Seahawks rank 32nd in O-Line spending since 2014. Never signed a 1st round lineman to a 2nd contract. Never drafted a WR or TE in the 1st round. (Though they did burn a 1st on Jimmy, and burned a 1st on Harvin a gadget WR and a boatload of cap space to boot. LOLz) Based on Seattle's actions they've treated their franchise QB like a red-headed stepchild. While Pete has pissed away resource after resource on trying to build a running game, and his defense that are nothing to write home about despite the resource allocation.

Wilson was the unicorn of unicorns. He didn't need an O-Line, he didn't need a great scheme. He didn't need a bunch of 1st round weapons. Found in the 3rd round. Hit the ground running, didn't need several years to develop. He allowed Pete to have his cake and eat it too. Seattle could spend a 1st round pick every year for the next decade and never find anything that good ever again. The odds would actually predict that.

What I'm trying to say is… Be prepared to be pissed. :irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":8e1iyqwc said:
K.J. Wright chimed in with a dose of reality.

https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-lb-k-j-wright-russell-wilson-isn-t-going-anywhere

"I was kind of caught off-guard myself but looking back at it, Russ isn't going anywhere," Wright declared. "As long as I'm in Seattle, Russ is going to be the quarterback. He means too much to us. He means way too much to this organization, he means way too much to this city.

As of March KJ is no longer in Seattle till he re signs if offered.