R-E-L-A-X

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Meh, I'm not losing a bit of sleep over the loss. Bring on Chicago then back to the Clink to take on the Cowgirls.

xray

Reaction score
If anyone can feel relaxed they must have better weed then me. Get off the PETE CARROLL "the glass is half full bs". Its a long season they got 15 more games to get it right...blah blah blah. Smoke and mirrors again just like the last two years. I will make it simple for the eternal optimists ........the Seattle Seahawks do not have good OL. They do not have a pass rush.They have a QB that is unreliable and can't be coached. And most of this is on Pete Carroll. This should be his last season. His rah rah shit doesn't work. Smackin his gum and clapping hands ain't cuttin it.

Seymour

Reaction score
xray":16909rt4 said:
If anyone can feel relaxed they must have better weed then me. Get off the PETE CARROLL "the glass is half full bs". Its a long season they got 15 more games to get it right...blah blah blah. Smoke and mirrors again just like the last two years. I will make it simple for the eternal optimists ........the Seattle Seahawks do not have good OL. They do not have a pass rush.They have a QB that is unreliable and can't be coached. And most of this is on Pete Carroll. This should be his last season. His rah rah shit doesn't work. Smackin his gum and clapping hands ain't cuttin it.

Glum approves of this post!

Glum Liliputian  Never

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":12rk56mq said:
Didn't we have a "RELAX" thread last year?

The same one where we missed the playoffs entirely and then set records for offensive futility in the 1st half of games?

I seem to remember one after a few games because everyone was freaking out that we weren't scoring until the 2nd half (generally the 4th quarter)
Kickers matter, two losses were "Entirely" on Walsh last season, taking us out of the "playoffs"
Having a Run Game matters.
Having a DECENT Offensive Line matters
Will Dissly showed how a BLOCKING TE can really help your game.
We lost by a mere 3 points, PLAYING AN AWAY GAME IN DENVER...Just let that sink in a minute....THREE POINTS to a GOOD TEAM, WITH HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.

Relax.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3r5se9f6 said:
We lost by a mere 3 points, PLAYING AN AWAY GAME IN DENVER...Just let that sink in a minute....THREE POINTS to a GOOD TEAM, WITH HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE.

Relax.

Err, I have some bad news for you scutter, Denver is not a very good team.

They're in the same 7-9 to 9-7 limbo we are this year, but with a much better D-line.............and if we want to have an above .500 record? Then that was they type of game we need to win.

Doesn't mean I'm going to freak out, cause I don't have high expectations this year for the Hawks. But if you think we played well and competed against a good team? You're sadly mistaken. Denver's probably going to be fighting for last place in their own division.

Seymour

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2kvz6zb8 said:
TwistedHusky":2kvz6zb8 said:
Didn't we have a "RELAX" thread last year?

The same one where we missed the playoffs entirely and then set records for offensive futility in the 1st half of games?

I seem to remember one after a few games because everyone was freaking out that we weren't scoring until the 2nd half (generally the 4th quarter)
Kickers matter, two losses were "Entirely" on Walsh last season, taking us out of the "playoffs"
Having a Run Game matters.
Having a DECENT Offensive Line matters
Will Dissly showed how a BLOCKING TE can really help your game.

Relax.

I agree with everything except 2 points. 1) Kickers matter. Are we any better? We lost 1 already due to kicker. 2) Loss by 3 points to a good team IMO is a real stretch. I think Denver is between an average to a poor team (coming off a 5-11 season--need to prove something here) Very debatable they are "good".

Scorpion05

Reaction score
You’re asking some fans here to be reasonable, have a broad perspective, and to judge all the shake ups we’ve had fairly. In other words, you’re asking for too much. Unless we win and possibly make it to the playoffs, you’re going to see those with no real analysis of the game scream “It’s more of the same!!”. After one week 1 away game. Like I always say, glad these people don’t run a franchise

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
There is massive up-side to the Seahawks. Massive turnover on D, and Earl (the qb of the D) never got a chance to practice with them (lots of rookies) until this week. He couldn't play the whole game, and we got corn-holed while he was out--he will be able to play more, and so will KJ Wright (pro-bowler, thank you very much), coming off his injury in a couple weeks. Our D has MASSIVE up-side. Massive turnover on the offense, in key positions (lots of rookies)--out O has MASSIVE potential. Both O and D coordinators are new, installing a new system with lots of rookies. The systems have MASSIVE upside.

I don't know about you, but I am (MASSIVELY) excited about how good this team can be.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are learning a new offense. But we are missing our most important piece. (or 2nd most important if you count the QB)

The offense is going to be better. The run game already is.

The defense I don't expect much from. It might improve a little, but we are going to drop from a #13 ranked defense (and we were #9 in scores allowed per opponent possession last year BTW) to something like #20. Maybe worse, not last but not great. (Go watch Raider defense in games last year - that is the DC we have).

Generally, while the HC matters greatly, coordinators have a massive impact on the success or failure of a team in football. A great HC with poor coordinators generally still gets you substandard results.

Schotty is obviously an improvement. I doubt he is going to be the great offensive mind we needed to vault this team, full of offensive weapons now, back into contention. He looks about average though he did a good job of improving the run game.

Norton was great as a LB coach with great LBs, but as a DC he hasn't been even average. We are going to find this out when we find out that Denver does not even have a good offense. This is going to be a problem, I don't know that more time to 'learn the system' fixes things. We will get better, but not enough to be a threat in any sort of playoff game.

It is Game 1. Game 1s you always look worse. But this year the schedule does not look to work well for us. The eye test also looks like we have fallen back to the rest of pack as far as how good this team is. That should be expected though. We all expected 7-9 to 9-7ish record and that is likely what we are going to get.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Denver is 18 - 1 in Home Openers. Advantage Denver

We have a new offensive line, they have Von Miller and Bradley Chubb. Advantage Denver

We lost our best receiver.

Where was Jaron Brown?

Defenses have the advantage early in the season, and Denver's defense was mostly unchanged from last year. Ours, a lot of rookies and per Earl, they struggled to communicate. Remember, our "starting DBs both went on IR before the season started, putting as at an extreme disadvantage.

I'm not worried. In fact, I'm encouraged because despite the newness of the defense, there were some positive things.

The things I didn't like, only 14 runs. Russell got sacked 6 times. That takes a toll on any QB. TURNOVERS! FUMBLES!

And how anyone can blame all of this on Russell is beyond me. He has set records year after year after year. 19 Touchdowns in the 4th quarter last year when our defense was failing. That's an NFL Record! Consider all of the "elite" QBs in the history of the NFL and they never did that.

And WHAT, was with that phony ass touchdown for Denver?! "Incomplete!" "No, it's a touchdown" Let's look at replay..."the play stands."

I think there was enough there to overturn the TD, but what do I know?

adeltaY

Reaction score
The Seabass misses low-key really hurt us. If we have kicking issues even close to as bad as last year, I will be unable to relax.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Bump...

Game 2 does not have me feeling any better.

Latest posts