This coaching staff does not know how to coach

RussB

Reaction score
Dont know if its pete, other coaches , or all of them. They flat out cannot scheme or make adjustments and thats why they get outcoached every single game. That used to work when you had a prime all time great defense and prime all time great running back.

They could just line up in man to man or cover 3 every snap and still shut teams out based on talent alone. Same with offense, they could just hand it to lynch and then play action when defenses sell out against the run and wilson would improvise from then on. Now that the defense is not the same, no o line and no lynch. They are getting exposed. They do not know how to scheme or exploit matchups on offense flat out, they just cant. They run generic plays and think that wilson will just make up for it. When i watch other teams like the patriots, steelers, falcons. I see a functioning offense with a gameplan that schemes to exploit a certain defense.

On defense they cant scheme either, they line up in the same ass cover 1/cover 3 all game long and think that it will work all game long like it did in 2013-14. Well guess what, its not because the defense isnt that good anymore. They never scheme on defense either its just the same thing every snap and its predictable and generic.What we are seeing on both sides of the ball is the result of bad coaching getting exposed. Elite teams just adjust and beat them easily.

Crizilla

Reaction score
agreed.

You know what really Russells my Jimmies? ARZ beat both Jags and Titans, and SF beat Titans. 2 teams we lost to this year. Neither Pete or Bevell is a mastermind at schemes and matchups. Tis why I think it's time for a change. At the very least get rid of Cable and see what Bevell and Pete can do with a good O-line. Maybe they get things rolling again. Mods should start banning fans who still want Cable (jk mods pls dont ban). But seriously the guy has to go.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Crizilla":1oy3pkpk said:
agreed.

You know what really Russells my Jimmies? ARZ beat both Jags and Titans, and SF beat Titans. 2 teams we lost to this year. Neither Pete or Bevell is a mastermind at schemes. Tis why I think it's time for a change. At the very least get rid of Cable and see what Bevell and Pete can do with a good O-line. Maybe they get things rolling again. Mods should start banning fans who still want Cable (jk mods pls dont ban). But seriously the guy has to go.
Yes. Now that they cant rely purely on talent and actually have to put gameplans and schemes out their they are getting exposed hard. Its time for new coaches and that is not an overeaction.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
While today's loss was beyond terrible, don't forget that they just beat the seemingly unstoppable Eagles a couple weeks ago.

It's amazing how bipolar this team can be. They beat an elite Eagles team (granted they hadn't really played anyone yet), then this.

Just pointing out that they don't get out coached "every game," but it's understandable to say that after today's game.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3i68xsjf said:
While today's loss was beyond terrible, don't forget that they just beat the seemingly unstoppable Eagles a couple weeks ago.

It's amazing how bipolar this team can be. They beat an elite Eagles team (granted they hadn't really played anyone yet), then this.

Just pointing out that they don't get out coached "every game," but it's understandable to say that after today's game.
Ill rephrase it i think they get outcoached almost every game. The eagles game was just another one of those rare games where they just play almost flawless. For the most part they look like they are dysfunctional.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Also, the pass rush showed up big time against the Eagles. Wentz missed some wide open receivers and I think that's because he took some hits and was under pressure very often. Whether that was scheme/coaching, a good matchup (Vaitai was for FC, but the rest of their OL is really good), or the DL guys playing out of their minds, IDK. In probably all of the games the D got shredded, the pass rush has been invisible or close to it.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
It just doesn't seem like our coach's game plan. It just seems like they look at the roster and go; "We'll win because we have more superstars."

getnasty

Reaction score
Most staffs that go to the playoffs 5 years in a row don't.