DB's not turning their heads

davidonmi

Reaction score
when did this start? they were doing it all day and getting burned constantly on balls that should have been picked or at least knocked down

johnnyfever

Reaction score
I was screaming this all game. Shead gets his head around and we have 2 interceptions and 1 pi no call. At this point in the season he has had ample practice time to implement this crucial skill.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Shead was just awful with this today, he didn't look back at the ball once, he just seemed lost. Disappointing cause he can be better than that

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I think our DC was better suited to being a DB coach. I don't know who the DB coach is now, but I don't know how it wouldn't be an improvement if he and Richard traded places.

kf3339

Reaction score
I noticed the same damn thing. You would think that PC and KR being db coaches first and foremost would know how to make this point. But no they have better things to do.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
flmmkrz":rahym9si said:
Shead was just awful with this today, he didn't look back at the ball once, he just seemed lost. Disappointing cause he can be better than that
seems like he has had this issue all year. but today he wasn't alone. Kam had a chance to make a play on the ball that ended up sealing the game and never even tuned

nash72

Reaction score
Sheads been bad all year, not just today.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Would have to watch again more closely but it seemed like with ET out they were playing more man.

Getting your head around isn't really an issue in the Cover 3, but shows up more in man on coverage.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
There's a flip side to this. Kam turned his head to locate on that last drive and it would have been perfect if it wasn't a back shoulder pass that was perfectly timed.

There AREN'T pure 100% concrete rules for these things.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
davidonmi":2875otok said:
flmmkrz":2875otok said:
seems like he has had this issue all year. but today he wasn't alone. Kam had a chance to make a play on the ball that ended up sealing the game and never even tuned
Yeah, I saw that too. Ever since his little holdout, he's been dead to me, so I notice his poor play a lot more now. Don't ask why, I just do. But yeah, I noticed Shead never turned his head once. He was a disaster today. It seems like his play has fallen off a cliff in recent weeks. Which is sad because I felt like he was the answer at RCB this team has been looking for for quite some time now.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The problem with that play is that Kam DID turn his head. There's a reason why guys sometimes don't and for good reason. If you're past about 15 yards you generally always turn your head. If your about the 12 yard range then the WR is still in hook/stop territory where they can come back to the ball for the 1st down. If you turn your head, you end up YARDS off of defending the pass. It's inevitiable. Timing and physics dictate it.

Foghawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1qaj44n9 said:
There's a flip side to this. Kam turned his head to locate on that last drive and it would have been perfect if it wasn't a back shoulder pass that was perfectly timed.

There AREN'T pure 100% concrete rules for these things.

+ 1 :2thumbs:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":uaecbor6 said:
when did this start? they were doing it all day and getting burned constantly on balls that should have been picked or at least knocked down
Defense did NOT help the Offense today, but you know what?, the Offense is going to wind up taking the blame for the Defensive brain-farts........P A T H E T I C showing from one of the Leagues best Defensive units......Couldn't even slow down the Cardinals Offense in a make-it- or-break-it sequence of plays going down to the last few second ???, um....Okay :34853_doh: