All 22 vs CHI (first half)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Okay, last week we did stills. This week I'll try to use gifs as I know some people don't care for the stills.

1st and 10 - Graham 1 on 1 with a LB, I like it.
yBJAIuj.gif

2nd and 1 - Sweezy is abused and Russell pays for it.
UfghcjF

1st and 10 (red zone) - Dropped pass, perhaps missed opportunity with JG.
QnuplM4

3rd and 1 - This, is why we need a blocking TE. Helfet was no help either.
0dLl0Tt

Just for fun.
F6J6FJo

1st and 10 - If we had run blocking like this in GB, it would have been a win.
SEiAbmm

1st and 10 - ILB follows Jackson into the flat leaving JG some space between the hashes. Please, please let us see more of this in weeks to come (minus the part where Britt is solidly beat on the inside and the DT dives at Russell's legs).
NtJaByk

3rd and 1 - Gilliam gets bent over and Jenkins blows up the play.
QGMRT3d

4th and 1 - Cool play! I actually wonder if we might see a couple of variations of this play in similar situations this season (like Graham going deep). Lynch is lined up at fullback with Baldwin at RB. Lynch goes into motion and is wide open in the flat for the first down. Graham, Lockett and Baldwin all look like they're in good position to pick up the first down as well. Very cool play.
AqY7Uy3

1st and 10 (red zone) - Chicago concedes the first down w/out even trying. They're just playing to run down the clock as far as I can tell. What I don't get, is why Russ doesn't go to a receiver on one of the boundaries to stop the clock if they can't get into the end zone (or throw to Graham and hope he can push his way in). Just a strange down from both sides in my opinion.
NcWFZgE

2nd half here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=114722

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
On third and one, how about we just put an extra tackle in there?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
HawkNuts":3ju96z3e said:
On third and one, how about we just put an extra tackle in there?

They did later in the game. They put Takafu in at tight end. I like that look with Coleman in the backfield. :th2thumbs:

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'll say it until I'm blue in the face. Sweezy is a terrible pass blocker.

j hawk

Reaction score
Thanks Laloosh. I really enjoy these. When these guys learn to pass pro the Hawks will be very special. :179417:

iigakusei

Reaction score
I don't actually know what Britt is doing half the time. Am I overly harsh, or is he the worst player on our team right now?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
iigakusei":18m45svx said:
I don't actually know what Britt is doing half the time. Am I overly harsh, or is he the worst player on our team right now?

There is no doubt Britt has a very high ceiling . . . great strength and athleticism, savvy player, the potential is there.

It is just unfortunate that they waited until just a month ago to give Britt his first reps at left guard in his career. We can blame the illusion that Alvin Bailey was a decent player. It's going to take Britt about a few more weeks to get him up to speed. He needs to continue to improve every week.

lobohawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3a7lde9o said:
Hawks46":3a7lde9o said:
I'll say it until I'm blue in the face. Sweezy is a terrible pass blocker.

Right now, he is better than Britt (who was also beaten on that play, as well as several others).

And you get what you pay for. Like the pricey Defense? Welp you're gonna hang Lynch & Russell out a bit on their OL.

StoneCold

Reaction score
We should see a steady diet of quick passing and roll outs in between feeding the rock to Lynch and Rawls.

TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!

SC

bandiger

Reaction score
RW needs to be a bit more top 3 QB over the pack, kinda angry he passed over Graham over a wide open scrub target.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
Ok, that's about all I'm going to include from the first half. Might do another one for the second half if I have time.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Thanks, Loosh. Awesome stuff.

Sometimes Sweezy looks like a hall of famer, sometimes he makes McQuistan look like Hutch.

hawk45

Reaction score
Laloosh! Such an awesome post, thanks so much for these.

As for Sweezy, I'd like to agree with Hawks46 that he sucks at pass blocking but Cable tells me he's an upper echelon guard in this league so I guess I can't believe my eyes after all.