Patriots Radio: Super Bowl crowd 80% Seahawk fans!?!?!

Rob12

Reaction score
This is awesome. Get loud! I want that place sounding like the Clink!

hawknation2015

Reaction score
The last prediction I heard was 60%. Over that number would be sort of ridiculous given the large number of unaffiliated people who attend Super Bowls.

There was one calculation that had Washington residents out-buying Massachusetts residents by almost 5-1. That doesn't mean 80% of the crowd will be actual Seahawks fans.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2lc8wtnt said:
The last prediction I heard was 60%. Over that number would be sort of ridiculous given the large number of unaffiliated people who attend Super Bowls.

There are probably a lot of unaffiliated fans, but they won't be wearing gear so they just look like regular people. That still leaves the eye test and it's possible for there to be 80% seahawks gear vs. 20% patriots gear.

It's still early and there will be people streaming in all day today and tomorrow. I still believe the majority of actual fans will be Seahawks fans, but when it comes to the actual stadium fill ratio, it'll probably be somewhere around 50-60% Seahawks, 20-30% Patriots and the remaining 10-20% will just be there for the atmosphere.

Hawkee

Reaction score
hawknation2015":160iczv5 said:

There was one calculation that had Washington residents out-buying Massachusetts residents by almost 5-1. That doesn't mean 80% of the crowd will be actual Seahawks fans.

Unless they are talking about the remaining 20% of the tickets.

Largent80

Reaction score
My friend TalontedNoseRider just texted me from there and hasn't even seen a Pat's fan.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
looked like all Hawks fans on Total access last night...All I heard was SEA HAWKS in background. Hope its like last year at the game.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Hawkee":33nrburj said:
hawknation2015":33nrburj said:

Unless they are talking about the remaining 20% of the tickets.

A lot of the tickets go to corporations.

What he's saying, is that of all sales reported to be from the two regions (PNW and NE), 80% of *those* sales have been out of the PNW.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Have a family member who works for the airport down there and some of the workers down there are trying to keep a head count of all the Pats-Hawks fans in gear that have been coming off the planes.

Seems to be almost 11:1

SirTed

Reaction score
The unaffiliated fans will definitely have gear on. Happened last year in NJ. All weekend it was all Hawks fans walking around, then come game day it was 50 / 50. Asking around, there were a number of "Bronco fans" (re: guys in Manning Jerseys) that were just there for the game, and the Donks were the more recognized team.

That would be great if it got loud, though. That place can get pretty loud when we go visit, so hopefully it will be to our benefit.

lukerguy

Reaction score
There were a lot of Broncos fans there last year...The thing is that Seahawks fans know how to impact the game. 12s make it loud no matter the numbers..However, I do hope there's 80%- that would be awesome.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Either way, it's going to be even louder than last year, when the sound was actually a factor in NJ. We'll have more fans at the game, for one, and even if the roof is retracted, it's still a dome-like environment (sound reflection). This will be an advantage at very least early on.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Also: no Seahawks home game is ever 100% Seahawks fans. 80% (or something close to that) would be essentially a home game.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
that is about right.

my boss - a 9ers fan - will be cheering for seattle since he really hates the bellycheater. so peoples hatred of bellycheater will add to the crowd too....

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
We are seeing more Pats fans arrive as the week goes on. But to my eye, going all around Tempe, Glendale and Scottsdale, Hawk fans outnumber Pats** by 6-1 easily.

And most of the neutral fans are giving us "Go Hawks" shouts and telling us they are rooting for the Hawks on Sunday. Thanks to DeflateGate, most of the country will be cheering for us.

Even most of the Niner fans are giving us props. One nice gentleman gave the best comment I could receive from a diehard 49er fan. He said, "I may not like the Seahawks but I know a good team when I see one so I'm rooting for you guys." Wish more fans, 12s included, were like that nice gentleman.

Threedee

Reaction score
Last year a lot of neutral fans realized after the safety how they were impacting the game, thought it was hilarious, and kept being loud. I expect this year they will catch on quickly once again.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":2mj532h5 said:
We are seeing more Pats fans arrive as the week goes on. But to my eye, going all around Tempe, Glendale and Scottsdale, Hawk fans outnumber Pats** by 6-1 easily.

And most of the neutral fans are giving us "Go Hawks" shouts and telling us they are rooting for the Hawks on Sunday. Thanks to DeflateGate, most of the country will be cheering for us.

Even most of the Niner fans are giving us props. One nice gentleman gave the best comment I could receive from a diehard 49er fan. He said, "I may not like the Seahawks but I know a good team when I see one so I'm rooting for you guys." Wish more fans, 12s included, were like that nice gentleman.

:shock:
12s doing work.

bobdigital

Reaction score
This has more of a feel of an away way for the Pats and home game for the Hawks.

#1 Most neutral fans dislike the Pats more than the Hawks.

#2 It is clear #1 is particularly true since all the deflate gate stuff started. Personally I don't see a lot of facts to back it up but the perception is what matters and it is already out there.

#3 That snow storm here in the New England region is making travel harder are fans of the Pats.

#4 Arizona is closer to Seattle than Boston obviously.

I think a 75-25 or 80-20 split is likely. Luckily for the Pats it is a more open stadium so the noise won't be as loud as it would be in Seattle.