Seattle fans on radio criticizing Hawks?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Seattle sports media is notorious for being overly nice to the organizations, coaches, players, etc, to a fault.

I have no idea why it's like that, especially considering that's not the norm in 99% of the rest of the country.
It's the same in Vancouver for the Canucks.. I think they get warned play nice or they will get cut off to player and team access. Radio is dying so I think they gotta do that to stay somewhat relevant where big mouths on TV like Bayless and Smith can say whatever they want.

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
I listen to 710 every day at work. There are plenty who blast the team, and it's justified.
Unfortunately the media (Salk) talk a big game but then throws up softball questions when he interviews him.
Hard to ask tough questions i guess when you are interviewing Pete in the facility.
I also wonder if Dave Pearson controls the interview process and intimidates the media.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Think about our last few losses other than the Niners in Seattle. We are not getting blown out. We should have won in Dallas and got screwed by awful officiating. This game was a lot closer than the last time we played the Niners. Until the 4th quarter we held our own. We were playing with a backup essentially behind a career back up QB.

morgulon1

Reaction score
An update from PNW.

Mike Salk was tearing the Hawks a new anal this morning. He is originally from Boston so there's that.

He brought up some great points, of course I didn't agree with all of them but
On the whole ?

Yes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Does it ever happen? I mean where I live, the players, coaches, and GM would be getting annihilated by fans and media personnel. Does anyone here ever hear on Seattle radio people criticizing the Hawks?

On the way to work this morning every sports show was leaning into the "maybe it's Pete's time to hang it up" narrative you've been seeing from the fans.

Mitch Levy on BJ Shea, Salk on 710 and the 950 morning show all talked about how this has been a disappointing season and the Hawks don't seem to have a direction right now.

So yeah, keep losing and you eventually lose even your local media suck ups.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Can some of them be hired to work in Seattle's Pollyanna-ass sports media, please?

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
It obvious that Pete will never make any of you happy.

Hundreds of post claiming Pete never tells the truth, never holds the players accountable, doesn’t care or doesn’t know.

Now he tells us straight up and the goal post gets moved, he’s throwing players under the bus, he is not a leader…

Pick a lane…

renofox

Reaction score

Hundreds of post claiming Pete never tells the truth, never holds the players accountable, doesn’t care or doesn’t know.

Now he tells us straight up and the goal post gets moved, he’s throwing players under the bus, he is not a leader…

Pick a lane…
Ripping players in the media is not holding them accountable, it's diverting responsibility. It's also a sign of piss-poor leadership to go nuclear like that without first using less degrading means of behavioral correction.

Benching a starter for an opening series is one of many legitimate steps in holding players accountable. No announcement, no highlighting, just sending a message to the player and the team.

PC has never even done this.

I have strong doubts about his leadership ability.

morgulon1

Reaction score

Pick a lane…
I was about to say something similar.
At least he's saying it publicly, showing a little "pissofftedness".

knownone

Reaction score
Leadership failure.

Praise publicly.
Reprimand privately.

PC is failing at the simple basics of Leadership.
Really?

Read about crisis management. Sometimes, you should be critical of your leaders in public if you want to send a message about accountability. That's what Pete did. He's not reprimanding anyone in public. He's holding them accountable and acknowledging the mistakes made.

That decision seems wholly justified in these circumstances.

GemCity

Reaction score
Why wouldn’t a radio station want to broadcast their version of .NET….
It is such a pleasure to read the non stop negativity that it would seem to be a sure ratings winner on the radio.
Ohhhh.

.Net Seahawk Radio show.

And your hosts you ask?

Mael and Fade.

🍿

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Look, something had to be said publicly. I do not agree with calling out specific players as he did however, he should be calling out overall performance. He’s right in that it all ultimately falls on him but you can only say that to the public for so many years before they want to see a different theme and approach.

Frankly, Paul Allen would probably never have let it get to this point and there in lies the real issue. Absentee owner.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Look, something had to be said publicly. I do not agree with calling out specific players as he did however, he should be calling out overall performance. He’s right in that it all ultimately falls on him but you can only say that to the public for so many years before they want to see a different theme and approach.

Frankly, Paul Allen would probably never have let it get to this point and there in lies the real issue. Absentee owner.
I remember when Kam Chancellor was holding out and then Paul Allen finally stepped in and said, “no new contract.”

Kam, came back fast after that…

It all comes back to great leadership and great ownership as the ultimate key to success. Usually in any business not just the NFL.