Deflate Gate upside

Jacknut16

Reaction score
One upside of this entire debacle with the cheating Patriots is this: Obviously the balls will be correctly inflated for the big game, which believe it or not is probably going to be somewhat of a disadvantage to Brady and the Pats.

Imagine playing with a under inflated ball, (go ahead and grab a 10lb inflated nfl and ball vs a 12 lb inflated ball, its a huge difference). If he has been doing this most of this season or over the past few years its going to effect his throwing in accuracy and speed, he wont be used it, and in those tough throws he is going to be thinking about the ball he is throwing not being the "feel" that he is used to or likes.

I have played various football games at the QB position in competitive leagues for the last 20+ years now, and I just like playing with an under inflated ball due to the grip being better, accuracy being better, control, WRs being able to catch it better, ect, ect, you get the picture. So does every other QB in the leagues I have been in.
I know that someone changing the PSI of the ball would be in my head a bit, and especially if I was getting the advantage of throwing an under inflated ball and nobody else was getting the advantage.

Either way Im glad he will not have this advantage and that we did not find out about it AFTER the superbowl.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Can you imagine if Brady has a horrible day. From now on until forever he'll be known as the guy who cheated to get his wins. People will point to his performance and say that's how he would have played had he played fair.

Talk of Manning being the greatest is over thanks to his ninth one and out. Talk of Brady being the greatest will be shot down by this.

Now, considering he's up against the LOB and using a ball he's not used to, what do you think the odds are he'll have a subpar game? Two media narratives will immediately spring up. How much did the ball affect his play and the response that the LOB deserves all the credit. Once the latter starts gaining traction, which it quickly will, the LOB will be acknowledged as the greatest defense of all time.

Talk of the great Brady-Manning era will quickly fade because of the scandal of Brady and the Manning chokefests, neither of which scabs the sportscasters will want to pick. Writers and sportscasters will need to fill the vacuum. Rodgers-Wilson is the obvious choice. The guy who puts up all the stats and the guy who just wins.

It's all good.

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
I just don't want it to get to the point where it affects people's perception of why Seattle won. I want to beat them at their best so there is no excuse as to who the better team is. A radio host in NY was debating whether they would suspend Belicheat for the SB. You know the NFL wants no part of him and Brady on the dais when the confetti falls. I hate them for tainting this game.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Bear in mind, the underinflated balls are just the infraction that got caught. Doesnt take Heat Equation to deduce that their are likely dozens of others that have gone unnoticed.

OP
OP
Jacknut16

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":3mp5pc9m said:
Bear in mind, the underinflated balls are just the infraction that got caught. Doesnt take Heat Equation to deduce that their are likely dozens of others that have gone unnoticed.

This is what potentially bothers me the most.

I know the the Pats are pushing the limits of everything they can, and we can almost guarantee that they have gotten away with unfair advantages that we dont even realize.

WendellWent

Reaction score
Hass2Carlson":11e3jcgw said:
I just don't want it to get to the point where it affects people's perception of why Seattle won. I want to beat them at their best so there is no excuse as to who the better team is. A radio host in NY was debating whether they would suspend Belicheat for the SB. You know the NFL wants no part of him and Brady on the dais when the confetti falls. I hate them for tainting this game.

Biju?

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Kam Chancellor is an unfair advantage. I still like our odds. Bring it on Bellycheat.

OP
OP
Jacknut16

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Hass2Carlson":1ghcgyr6 said:

This is also a good point, here I am thinking about the PSI of the footballs other than the game at hand. Wondering what else Bellicheat and his cronies are working on to push the limits of the NFL with next.

Such a distraction, such a waste of time. Such a complete disregard for the game that this organization has.

If I was the NFL I would come down on him in a way that he would never want to think about cheating again.
This taints the entire league.

I would suspend him for the SB, make sure he knows that cheating will cost him NOW, not in next years draft not in fine money, but in the only way he understands, which is the present game.

Then I would suspend him for the rest of next season. This man is a cheater, a proven cheater, and there is really no doubt that his handywork is all over this latest debacle.

If an organization can cheat its way to a SB, get caught and then just lose money via fines or draft picks, the cheaters are going to take this every time, every single time.

Hit them where it hurts and the only place a cheater understands, in the present day, right now.

Let the game go on, but with out Belichick, its the only thing he would understand.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
It's their problem. I'm sure the Hawks won't give a crap and plan to just show up on Feb. 1 ready to whip some butt.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
bradynumber4":3vji78ew said:
You're all naive if you think NE is the only team to do this.

Yeah, everyone does it. In fact they should take that Kearse touchdown ball from the criminal that has it and test the PSI. It was raining, the 'Hawks suddenly got better at the end of the game...it's so obvious!

:sarcasm_off:

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
bradynumber4":lg793bx1 said:

Ahh, yes...the old "everybody does it so it is ok" defense. You hear this all the time in court cases as well. Never a good defense for breaking the law or in this case the rules.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I bet they didn't start deflating the balls until the fifth game of the season. They had to find a way to get Brady to play better. It worked. Now that they have to play with the correct psi in the balls, I expect Brady to play like he did the first few weeks of the season.

randomation

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3n6onn8o said:
Can you imagine if Brady has a horrible day. From now on until forever he'll be known as the guy who cheated to get his wins. People will point to his performance and say that's how he would have played had he played fair.

Talk of Manning being the greatest is over thanks to his ninth one and out. Talk of Brady being the greatest will be shot down by this.

Now, considering he's up against the LOB and using a ball he's not used to, what do you think the odds are he'll have a subpar game? Two media narratives will immediately spring up. How much did the ball affect his play and the response that the LOB deserves all the credit. Once the latter starts gaining traction, which it quickly will, the LOB will be acknowledged as the greatest defense of all time.

Talk of the great Brady-Manning era will quickly fade because of the scandal of Brady and the Manning chokefests, neither of which scabs the sportscasters will want to pick. Writers and sportscasters will need to fill the vacuum. Rodgers-Wilson is the obvious choice. The guy who puts up all the stats and the guy who just wins.

It's all good.

The next version of Brady Manning is going to be Wilson Luck; unfortunately we will hear about Luck from ESPN near constantly over the off season.

rideaducati

Reaction score
bradynumber4":25e3r5iq said:

Just like EVERY other team records the opposing team's walk thru's prior to Super Bowls?

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
The excuses from Pats fans & defenders are comical.

"Officer! Everyone else was speeding, too! You didn't pull them over!"

"Son, that might be, but I caught you."

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2z5iflqd said:
bradynumber4":2z5iflqd said:

Every team does it huh? Well then that must make you guys a bunch of high functioning morons, because you keep getting caught!

I like Charlie Murphy references.

You're right, if a bunch of teams are doing this the Patriots are fools for getting caught. I don't expect that anybody will really take a hit for this since even if someone high up like Belichick or Brady knew they can sufficiently distance themselves with patsies.

If the Patriots have been doing this most of/all season and even for multiple seasons and the properly inflated ball degrades Brady in any way it's funny.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":l5cx0upa said:
bradynumber4":l5cx0upa said:

Every team does it huh? Well then that must make you guys a bunch of high functioning morons, because you keep getting caught!

No just a witch hunt against us for shitting on every other team in the league.