Make sure you step back and ENJOY this right now

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Just think, last year this time, Harbaugh had his team ONE play away from the superbowl.... Fox had his team IN the superbowl.......

Both of those franchises are now starting over trying to hire a coach. NFL Not For Long.

Enjoy it, obviously we have confidence in PC/JS to keep the train on the tracks. But you NEVER know what can happen in this league. Enjoy it. Don't take it for granted.

sutz

Reaction score
Taking nothing for granted. Loving it!

Fear noone, respect everyone.

GO HAWKS!!!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
I remember reading a piece on Dan Marino, who made it to the SB in his 2nd season but lost to the Niners. He said he remembered thinking, "It's okay, this is just my 2nd year. I'm going to make it back and win it."

And he made it to the conference championship game twice more, but never sniffed another Super Bowl.

It's stories like that which remind me how very difficult it is to make it to the SB in the first place, let alone win it. It makes last season that much more magical. And it makes getting this far this season that much more special.

OP
OP
gowazzu02

gowazzu02

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3eo2bs66 said:
I remember reading a piece on Dan Marino, who made it to the SB in his 2nd season but lost to the Niners. He said he remembered thinking, "It's okay, this is just my 2nd year. I'm going to make it back and win it."

And he made it to the conference championship game twice more, but never sniffed another Super Bowl.

It's stories like that which remind me how very difficult it is to make it to the SB in the first place, let alone win it. It makes last season that much more magical. And it makes getting this far this season that much more special.

Great point. but hell with Marino, how many years were the Seahawks in the league before A: getting to the superbowl back in 05, and B: Winning that beautiful baby last year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So true. It took this franchise 37 years to win it all. There was much, much, much suffering and misery along the way, sprinkled with some great moments and players as well. I will never take these moments for granted. These are the Golden Years for Seahawks Fans and if you're a brand new 12 or been one for the team's existence, either way, cherish these moments. As Russell says, live in the NOW. These are the days!

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
It wasn't that long ago that a 9-7 year and no playoffs was deemed a success.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Damn skippy. After years of letdowns and heartbreaks, I had the beaten fan syndrome. Always hoping, but always had in the back of my mind "how are they going to lose this one", "why don't they play to win", " F'n Raiders", " F'n Elway", "are you freaking kidding me, c'mon man", "Krieg really DOES have small hands".

Now, I absolutely do not have those thoughts anymore. I know they can win every game (I know they won't), and I watch every game just enjoying what they do on the field. As long as they play their ball, have few mistakes, they can beat anyone. Especially during the playoffs.

What an AWESOME feeling.

GO HAWKS!!!

Sombrio

Reaction score
When the canucks made the Stanley cup final 4 years ago and lost, most everyone was expecting a repeat trip to the final the next year. We weren't enjoying what we had. Now it's all gone, and a playoff appearance is even in question.

Seahawks run was so fast and furious last year I barely had time to enjoy it, I'm soaking it all in this year.

I even got into a money argument with my wife over buying playoff tickets. I think my quote was something like this:
" my small debt isn't going anywhere, it will still be there next year. Seahawks playing like this in the playoffs isn't going to last forever, I'd hate to miss out on it for $200"

capncrunch

Reaction score
This is a pretty cool post. Yes. I think some people do take the Seahawks success for granted. I feel almost shocked when another team has some success moving the ball against us these days. Oh my gosh if RW throws a pic. I put on another game and see qbs doing really stupid stuff and throwing pics left and right and think, Wow. that guy sucks. Well anyway. I do get too stressed while watching some of the games and should try to have more fun with it. Thanks for the post.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I remember many years hoping we could finish 8-8 and sneak into the playoffs. Wed get the last win of the season and need another team or two to lose to sneak in so Id be watching sportscenter waiting for the final playoff bracket. We've been through a lot over the years and I was a little too young in the early 80s to really appreciate what this team accomplished then so I only got off on the 86 Hawks and experienced nothing but medioctrity throughout the 90s.

When Paul Allen bought the Hawks I knew something someday could be special about this team. I remember getting made fun of throught my childhood for being a Seahawks fan and wearing their gear. It was unbelievable at how thin the fan base was back then. I literally didnt have any friends nor did I know anyone that shared the same fire about the Seahawks as I did. I used to fantisize about having national respect, being known to people and having a thriving fanbase. Even a mention of us on ESPN used to get me amped. We used to wait all morning on pregame and later on postgame recaps just to get a glimpse of a highlight and hear what the national media would say and too many times we received only a 15 second recap or preview. Got it was so bad. Just the other day I was having a beer and talkin Hawks with a friend at a local watering hole and a guy walks up wearing his jersey and his hat and starts to annoyingly butt in but hes a Hawks fan so we tolerate it. He starts talking about how our offensive line sucks and that we never have been able to find that stud on the line. I pipe up and say what about Walter Jones and this guy says "who?" He literally had no clue who he was. None. Zip.

So trust me I love this team and I just figure one day at a time is how I will take everything. Im absorbing every minute of it and have been through too much garbage to ever take it for granted. What a ride even if its not just our little club anymore. :thirishdrinkers:

tom sawyer

Reaction score
"Step" back?...

For me it's been like JUMPING, HOPPING AND LEAPING....

This has been the most amazing *sports* ride of my life, even better than the 78-79 Supersonics.

Incredible!!!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Exactly.

Go to the games too. Even if the ticket prices are ridiculous now.

We had season tickets every year, the Hawks didn't do anything for years. One year, something came up and we didn't renew. They went to the SuperBowl that year (the one they got screwed in, but still...).

I went ahead and ponied up for the tickets to the playoff game against Carolina. The energy in the city was nuts and that game was one of the best Seahawk memories I have - because it was new. The Seahawks were never "good" before, and at that game it felt like they owned them.

Now we have a team that is not just good, but exceptional. One of the greatest defenses in a decade at least.

If you don't get yourself to one of these games you will regret it, the opportunity will not be there forever. I won't pretend the ticket prices are not ridiculous now - but if there is any way you can swing it...go to them. At least go to one, because you will remember it for a long time. It will pay off over time.

This kind of a team is the very thing you hope to eventually find when you suffer through all those other years of waiting as a fan. It would be a shame if you didn't at least take advantage of it while it is here.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":vlnlic12 said:
Exactly.

Go to the games too. Even if the ticket prices are ridiculous now.

We had season tickets every year, the Hawks didn't do anything for years. One year, something came up and we didn't renew. They went to the SuperBowl that year (the one they got screwed in, but still...).

I went ahead and ponied up for the tickets to the playoff game against Carolina. The energy in the city was nuts and that game was one of the best Seahawk memories I have - because it was new. The Seahawks were never "good" before, and at that game it felt like they owned them.

Now we have a team that is not just good, but exceptional. One of the greatest defenses in a decade at least.

If you don't get yourself to one of these games you will regret it, the opportunity will not be there forever. I won't pretend the ticket prices are not ridiculous now - but if there is any way you can swing it...go to them. At least go to one, because you will remember it for a long time. It will pay off over time.

This kind of a team is the very thing you hope to eventually find when you suffer through all those other years of waiting as a fan. It would be a shame if you didn't at least take advantage of it while it is here.

One better....go to a game at the Link...and then go to an away game...you will see the difference. Just ask NFS...628. He knows.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
BlueBlood":d66qn5sm said:
I remember many years hoping we could finish 8-8 and sneak into the playoffs. Wed get the last win of the season and need another team or two to lose to sneak in so Id be watching sportscenter waiting for the final playoff bracket. We've been through a lot over the years and I was a little too young in the early 80s to really appreciate what this team accomplished then so I only got off on the 86 Hawks and experienced nothing but medioctrity throughout the 90s.

When Paul Allen bought the Hawks I knew something someday could be special about this team. I remember getting made fun of throught my childhood for being a Seahawks fan and wearing their gear. It was unbelievable at how thin the fan base was back then. I literally didnt have any friends nor did I know anyone that shared the same fire about the Seahawks as I did. I used to fantisize about having national respect, being known to people and having a thriving fanbase. Even a mention of us on ESPN used to get me amped. We used to wait all morning on pregame and later on postgame recaps just to get a glimpse of a highlight and hear what the national media would say and too many times we received only a 15 second recap or preview. Got it was so bad. Just the other day I was having a beer and talkin Hawks with a friend at a local watering hole and a guy walks up wearing his jersey and his hat and starts to annoyingly butt in but hes a Hawks fan so we tolerate it. He starts talking about how our offensive line sucks and that we never have been able to find that stud on the line. I pipe up and say what about Walter Jones and this guy says "who?" He literally had no clue who he was. None. Zip.

So trust me I love this team and I just figure one day at a time is how I will take everything. Im absorbing every minute of it and have been through too much garbage to ever take it for granted. What a ride even if its not just our little club anymore. :thirishdrinkers:

Jones for sure..also Hutchinson...both of them were so good

BlueBlood

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1hmr5af1 said:
BlueBlood":1hmr5af1 said:

Jones for sure..also Hutchinson...both of them were so good

Of course but after he didnt know who Jones was I was done with him.

CHawk

Reaction score
I think any fan that's has been a fan of this team for a long time isn't taking this for granted. And boy does this feel great!

This story can be about any of the other 31 teams fans: In work today being the nice guy that I am, was asking one of the secretary's (a Denver fan) if she thought Manning was going to retire (i really didn't give a crap, but like I told you all what a nice guy I am) plus since the super bowl I don't have the heart to rub it in anymore. After telling me her sob story about her team she says to me don't take this the wrong way but I'm tired of seeing the Seahawks winning all the time we need someone else in the super bowl. ONE BOWL GAME and she tired of seeing us! I told her to get used to it, we're not going away! :stirthepot:

Riley12

Reaction score
I still wake up at night and wonder if I am still dreaming when I look back at what the Seahawks have done and ahead to what they will do.

The term surreal is used (by me) too often to describe this feeling, but that is all I can come up with.

taco40

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2l8y9wi6 said:
Enjoy it, obviously we have confidence in PC/JS to keep the train on the tracks. But you NEVER know what can happen in this league. Enjoy it. Don't take it for granted.

So are you saying that Pete and John are competing every day?

Mick063

Reaction score
You saw how quickly John Fox was in the mix for another gig.

What kind of hot property would Carroll be?

Gruden and Cowher, years after their championship runs, are mentioned as dreamy candidates. The Carroll haters would do an immediate 180 degree turn around if they knew he was headed their way. Same goes for Wilson.

Sorry, but I'm taking Carroll for granted. He isn't going to be forced out any time soon.

Belichick and Brady made it a career together. No reason Wilson and Carroll can't do the same. Have you seen the age of the Arizona assistants? What about Dick Lebeau? Marv Levy?

Kam can push Carroll out in a wheelchair as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts