Too Bad It's Not Going To Be Arizona

Seafan

Reaction score
If the Cards could have gotten by the Panthers and had Staton available they would have been more formidable than the Newton led Panthers.

Xarbx425

Reaction score
Seafan":2ldbxewf said:
If the Cards could have gotten by the Panthers and had Staton available they would have been more formidable than the Newton led Panthers.

100% agree.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
Part of what's so cool about this Hawks team is we don't need to avoid anyone.

I want the biggest, baddest there is and will watch as we stand toe to toe smashing mouths with supreme confidence that our guys come out on top.

This is the pinnacle of NFL fandom for me. I have always wanted a team like this.

Thank you football gods

irocdave

Reaction score
The Panthers are none of the above. Man it will be great to mop the floor with panthers if the Lions loose tomorrow. Yes Panther fans, post this on your site. Cam is a mental midget and the legion of boom will prove this again. This time it will be in Seattle after 10:00am eastcoast time. The Cards were a wounded animal and still gave your team a run for the money, lots of defiance's exposed. Not that the Hawks needed them to be exposed. Cam will be smashed in Seattle, hope the Cowboys take out the Lions. Panthers are the pretenders in the NFC playoffs and lucked out against the Cards. If the Cards had a legit NFL QB they would have won.

evergreen

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":2d5l8axr said:
Part of what's so cool about this Hawks team is we don't need to avoid anyone.

I want the biggest, baddest there is and will watch as we stand toe to toe smashing mouths with supreme confidence that our guys come out on top.

This is the pinnacle of NFL fandom for me. I have always wanted a team like this.

Thank you football gods
So true. We're the biggest baddest mofo in the valley of the shadow of death...everyone fears us. Hope for Cowboys.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Given how many times Arizona puked all over themselves in the red zone, the Panthers are lucky to come out with a win.

How funny would it have been if Arizona would have won on the road with less than 130 yards of total offense? They were a few decent red zone plays away from winning that game tonight.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The Panthers looked like crap. They turned the ball over and Newton did not look sharp; he also looks like he's playing hurt a bit. I don't see him trying to run a lot on us (then again, it's the playoffs, he has nothing to lose). At least they have a decent backup.

Panther fans are already on the internet talking smack. I'm going to be happy watching the Seahawks thunder stomp them. I don't see them getting within 2 TD's of us this game.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawks46":2oyfqefc said:
The Panthers looked like crap. They turned the ball over and Newton did not look sharp; he also looks like he's playing hurt a bit. I don't see him trying to run a lot on us (then again, it's the playoffs, he has nothing to lose). At least they have a decent backup.

Panther fans are already on the internet talking smack. I'm going to be happy watching the Seahawks thunder stomp them. I don't see them getting within 2 TD's of us this game.

Haha..he can TRY to run...until Kam happens

KamChancellorHammersVernonDavis.gif

seqdc0_jpg.gif

minormillikin

Reaction score
I'm not the homer type of fan at all. In fact, I tend to be pretty cynical after following Seattle sports for 37 years.

That said, who cares what team comes to town next weekend?

I believe this Seahawks team could could beat any other team in the NFL right now, home or away. And if I'm wrong and the Lions or Panthers beat us, then we probably weren't going to win the Super Bowl anyway.

Seafan

Reaction score
Case Keenum and the Houston Texans would have beat down the Panthers today. I HOPE the Hawks get to play the panthers.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
minormillikin":1p48w3y1 said:
That said, who cares what team comes to town next weekend?

Anyone who is being logical.

I believe this Seahawks team could could beat any other team in the NFL right now, home or away.

Of course they could. But if you have a 70% chance of beating one team, and an 85% chance of beating the other, you choose the 85%. The playoffs are a minefield; you get set up against another team to battle to the death, and they all have SOME non-zero chance of beating you. You want that chance to be as small as possible. Keeping the numbers simple even though in reality the percentages would change from one matchup to the next: if you need an 85% chance to prevail three times, you have a 61% chance of surviving the gauntlet and winning out. Drop the percentages to 70% in each round, and the chance of surviving all three becomes 34%. It's a big damn difference from one to the next.

And if I'm wrong and the Lions or Panthers beat us, then we probably weren't going to win the Super Bowl anyway.

I know why you would say this, but it's problematic. A team can play poorly in one game and then get it together by the next one and start playing out of their minds the rest of the way; we saw that with our own team earlier in the year. We want favorable matchups. All of this "bring on whoever" stuff isn't the good mathematical thinking that a person should adopt.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Bring em all on.

Heck, I wish the Hawks had 4 games to play and it was Cowboys,Packers, Broncos and Patriots. 4 asskickings and 4 opportunities for the Hawks to flex their muscles and leave no doubt.

kearly

Reaction score
At least Bruce Arians will get to cuddle up with his second coach of the year trophy in three years. Thankfully for him, the AP casts most of their votes in November.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I lost a ton of respect for Araians as a coach at the end of the year. i got the Lindley thing at 1st but when it failed he should have looked at a different option. There are a few veterans out there with out jobs that might have been better options (I would have gone with Terrel Pryor over Lindley and just told him to run). I can't believe he didn't at least give his back up a shot, they must really think very little of there 3rd string QB.
Towards the end of the game he let 20 seconds run off the clock before calling timeout. He was very good the year in Indy but makes me wonder about the value of Bowles!

olyfan63

Reaction score
It's hard to know the thinking on sticking with Lindley for 3 games....
Terrelle Pryor is an interesting thought. Why not Tim Tebow? Hard to be worse than Lindley. He's just not accurate, for one.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
olyfan63":2pgk3wis said:
It's hard to know the thinking on sticking with Lindley for 3 games....
Terrelle Pryor is an interesting thought. Why not Tim Tebow? Hard to be worse than Lindley. He's just not accurate, for one.

Arians and Peterson had a conference call on how to handle a bad QB situation.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Arizona played horrible, and to be completely honest, i enjoyed watching them lose. For the most part, I enjoyed watching them struggle at the end of the regular season too. I have a ton of respect for Arians, but I thought he made a HUGE mistake when he was already talking about the superbowl mid way through the season. Pete would never talk about the superbowl, even when it's pretty evident this team is superbowl or bust. Arians was so busy dreaming of a superbowl in his own backyard that he forgot to win his own division. Geez, talk about putting a ton of pressure on your own players.

Latest posts