Mebane out for the year, torn Hammy

hawknation2014

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/532229685217099776[/tweet]

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Son of a................. This hurts, this hurts big time.

He was one of 2 players on defense, Earl being the other, that we could not afford to lose..............

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
A tear is not a tear is not a tear. What grade of tear was reported? One through three, with grade one obviously being mild and a recovery measured in weeks while grade three is a complete tear with recovery measured in months.

themunn

Reaction score
Until he's on IR I won't believe he's out for the season

pehawk

Reaction score
Devastating? Really? If anything the Hawks stoutness vs the run is the one area the Hawks couold give a bit. So with his absence they fall from #1 vs run to what....3 or 4?

kidhawk

Reaction score
pehawk":siz2shn0 said:
Devastating? Really? If anything the Hawks stoutness vs the run is the one area the Hawks couold give a bit. So with his absence they fall from #1 vs run to what....3 or 4?

I said something similar yesterday. I don't think the fall off will be huge in the run game. I do wonder how it may affect the passing game though. Even though Mebane wasn't a pass rusher, he took on blockers and made offensive lineman have to account for his presence in the middle, which helps open up the edge rushers. With our issues previously in the pass rush, I wonder if we can afford any decrease in pressures? Hopefully they can dial up some more well timed blitz packages to make up the difference there.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I think it's a huge loss. Mebane was our most underrated defender on the team. He's been the most consistent and probably the best defender this season. Imvho

pehawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":iv4tew1h said:
pehawk":iv4tew1h said:

I said something similar yesterday. I don't think the fall off will be huge in the run game. I do wonder how it may affect the passing game though. Even though Mebane wasn't a pass rusher, he took on blockers and made offensive lineman have to account for his presence in the middle, which helps open up the edge rushers. With our issues previously in the pass rush, I wonder if we can afford any decrease in pressures? Hopefully they can dial up some more well timed blitz packages to make up the difference there.

Getting Smith and Wags back would allow them to have Bennett rush inside with Irvin and Avril on the ends. Getting the LB's back should help things.

Oh, please note, if any of you panic types want me to panic too, I certainly will. I'm thinking of lighting my hair on fire and running in circles screaming "why god, why, not Mebane!" Lemme know

ZagHawk

Reaction score
You keep taking cogs out of the machine without replacing them with ones just as good (or better), eventually the machine breaks down.

I saw our defense taking a step back this year BUT with our offense picking up the slack.

The defense did take a step back and looks like it will continue to take another step with a loss like Mebane. Offense is NOT stepping up yet, sorry we're not going to get 350 yard run games every game. O-Line is going to have to find a way to stop getting false starts in KC of all places, RW is going to have to shake off this funk he's in regarding the pass game, and our WRs are gonna have to get open and catch the damn ball if we want any chance to make it through these next 7 games competing for the NFCW title (or heck even a wildcard spot).

I'm not giving up on our team, but don't get me wrong this is definitely bad news on top of season full of bad news so far. It's funny how if the Seahawks manage to pull it out this year, they'll be considered underdogs who got hot vs SB favorites, despite being SB winners last year.