Brooks Has Torn ACL

StoneCold

Reaction score
It seemed mean to say in light of Brooks being hurt but yeah, I thought our D didn't take a step back either. Granted White wasn't playing well but it seemed like the big runs that happened early stopped.

This could come back to burn me vs Akers next week
I wondered and did make the joke with a friend and they did seem to tackle better and get on receivers. That said the Jets were in amjor hole which made their offense more predictable. More likely it's the latter that made our D seem better.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey KJ, have you been working out? We need a Linebacker. (kidding)
Losing Brooks is a HUGE loss. He's a hell of a player, and our top tackler.

Last edited:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
imagine thinking the seahawks leading tackler over the last couple years is one of the major problems on defense based on how a half a game against mike white went.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This is a problem that keeps this team from moving forward. Not being able to
Say " enough" and get the people in the game that are willing to make it happen and not hurt the teams progress.
To respond directly , I like Dissly as well.
I like DK for that matter. I don't think they're worth what they're being paid .
I'm jag who has followed this team for years , this doesn't make me an expert
and I'm sure there's plenty we'll never know about the inner workings of this team.
I also agree , I thought the defense worked better after Brooks left .
Great points Morgulon.

And not to sound like a jerk, because obviously we don't want anybody to get injured and we wish Brooks the best, but I was not impressed with him at all this season. He felt like a huge liability out there.

Now, whether Barton and Muse playing great last Sunday and shutting down the Jets was the defense coming together at the end, or the Jets just suck, remains to be seen.

But Brooks didn't look good out there.

renofox

Reaction score
I think Brooks has the talent to be a top-10 linebacker.

Unfortunately:

1) he has had a tough time adjusting to this scheme,
2) his skills don't translate well to this scheme, and/or
3) this scheme sucks balls unless Fangio is running it with his type of players.

I lean mostly 3), some 2), and a little bit of 1).

BASF

Reaction score
It will be very interesting this offseason since Brooks is our only ILB under contract for next season. Barton will be cheap, but who knows if he wants to come back. Muse is an ERFA, but who knows if we want him back.

I have been calling out Brooks from the second game of the season for calling the line slants to the wrong side more often than not. That has been a major problem all season. However, I hope he recovers fully. He is not as bad as a lot of people believe.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
For sure now the team will need to draft aN ILB as Brooks will likely miss most of next season recovering his ACL.

ILB doesn't seem to to be that strong a position in the upcoming draft.

Polk738

Reaction score
I think Brooks has the talent to be a top-10 linebacker.

Unfortunately:

1) he has had a tough time adjusting to this scheme,
2) his skills don't translate well to this scheme, and/or
3) this scheme sucks balls unless Fangio is running it with his type of players.

I lean mostly 3), some 2), and a little bit of 1).

Considering the other teams that are running this scheme, (Lions, Vikings, Chargers) they have also been some of the worst defenses in the league as well so the scheme is shit to begin with.

I watch a lot of Matty Brown's podcast and he broke down some tape of the Jets game and one of the first big runs the Jets ripped off he shows how Brooks is just using very bad technique to attack his gap which explains why he gets washed out of so many plays. They do bring up the question of why are Brooks and Barton are playing the positions they are and Matty thinks it's because Brooks is faster than Barton thus why he is in that green dot role. I'll be curious to see how Barton and Muse do against the Rams run game Sunday