Mebane out for the year, torn Hammy

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Forgot about this guy - Aubrayo Franklin, http://www.nfl.com/player/aubrayofranklin/2505649/profile. He is currently unsigned. Could be a good addition, not necessarily to start, for the rotation as the depth has taken a hit with Mebane out. Williams will do a good job but the gap has widened behind him, not too confident about Hill and the others to pick up the slack. Need to have a contigency plan if another d-line guy should get hurt. It seems that this year you can't have too much players. I hope this widespread of injuries will motivate the NFL look at expanding the roster limits.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":383gq938 said:
Forgot about this guy - Aubrayo Franklin, http://www.nfl.com/player/aubrayofranklin/2505649/profile. He is currently unsigned. Could be a good addition, not necessarily to start, for the rotation as the depth has taken a hit with Mebane out. Williams will do a good job but the gap has widened behind him, not too confident about Hill and the others to pick up the slack. Need to have a contigency plan if another d-line guy should get hurt.

Who are we going to cut? We already signed a tight end to take Mebane's roster spot.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
kidhawk":2g824v6s said:
hawkfan68":2g824v6s said:
Forgot about this guy - Aubrayo Franklin, http://www.nfl.com/player/aubrayofranklin/2505649/profile. He is currently unsigned. Could be a good addition, not necessarily to start, for the rotation as the depth has taken a hit with Mebane out. Williams will do a good job but the gap has widened behind him, not too confident about Hill and the others to pick up the slack. Need to have a contigency plan if another d-line guy should get hurt.

Who are we going to cut? We already signed a tight end to take Mebane's roster spot.

The PS TE signed to take Mebane's spot or Steven Terrell since Lane, Maxwell, and Johnson are now back.

Largent80

Reaction score
Of all the overlooked players, Bane is the one we will miss the most.

This is a gargantuan loss. :(

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3q5dudgv said:
kidhawk":3q5dudgv said:
hawkfan68":3q5dudgv said:

The PS TE signed to take Mebane's spot or Steven Terrell since Lane, Maxwell, and Johnson are now back.

On Saturday, we had a full 53 man roster. We put Schilling on IR so we could have room to activate Lane.

Today, we put Mebane on IR and signed the TE Allen to fill his roster spot. We have no open spots

Here is the up to date roster

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster.html[/urltargetblank]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
kidhawk":1spje4is said:
hawkfan68":1spje4is said:
kidhawk":1spje4is said:
hawkfan68":1spje4is said:

On Saturday, we had a full 53 man roster. We put Schilling on IR so we could have room to activate Lane.

Today, we put Mebane on IR and signed the TE Allen to fill his roster spot. We have no open spots

Here is the up to date roster

[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster.html[/urltargetblank]

I get that. However, is it inconcievable that someone, i.e. Terrell, could be cut to open a spot? Terrell seems the obvious choice to release since Lane, Maxwell, and Johnson are now back on the roster. I guess I wasn't clear enough on my earlier post.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":369697cu said:
I get that. However, is it inconcievable that someone, i.e. Terrell, could be cut to open a spot? Terrell seems the obvious choice to release since Lane, Maxwell, and Johnson are now back on the roster. I guess I wasn't clear enough on my earlier post.

It's all a numbers game. You need to have guys who can play special teams and can back up certain positions With Chancellor having his injury issue, cutting a safety right now is probably not a great idea. If all the safeties were healthy, then maybe we could do it, but we brought Terrell into the roster for a reason

lukerguy

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ku1its0 said:
NEXT
MAN
UP!

This is not the end of the season. The Seahawks are still better than every team left on their schedule.

While I agree it's not of the end of the season, "next man up" doesn't really apply because Mebane clogged the holes like there were two men in the trenches.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3obpdbnh said:

Maybe they'll cut Walters again.

BASF

Reaction score
star-wars-darth-vader-no.gif

I think we will probably see a lot more of Michael Bennett playing DT and a lot more of Bruce Irvin playing DE. For those saying we won't see a drop off, how many other players have we had at DT who have required two blockers since Kennedy? The answer is two: Tubbs and Mebane. It is a rare player that eats two blockers consistently, and we have been fortunate with Mebane's health. I hope that he can come back next season at full health.

CANHawk

Reaction score
This sucks. Bane is a special player and people were finally starting to take notice. Hopefully the offense can hang onto the ball for extended periods like it did against NYG. Being on the right side of the TOP divide does wonders for a defense...

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Northhawk":1dme86zk said:
I take full responsibility for this. I started a thread a few days ago about how BM is the most under rated player on the team and how I have always enjoyed watching him play.

Clearly, any praise from me is a curse and I should have kept my opinion to myself.

To that end, I always thought Drew Stanton was one of Arizona's most under rated players. I always enjoy watching him play.

Ban this guy.

Kidding.