Mebane out for the year, torn Hammy

Northhawk

Reaction score
I take full responsibility for this. I started a thread a few days ago about how BM is the most under rated player on the team and how I have always enjoyed watching him play.

Clearly, any praise from me is a curse and I should have kept my opinion to myself.

To that end, I always thought Drew Stanton was one of Arizona's most under rated players. I always enjoy watching him play.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Karma isn't a thing, but Reversion to the Mean is.

NFL average over the last decade is having one player put on IR per game. This year the injuries seem like a huge factor everywhere because it has been hitting the star players, and it's hard to find a team in the NFL that hasn't lost key players already.

Spotrac has a detailed list of IR players here. Every team is missing stars.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Damn. Alan Branch was out there as of October 29th, but then the Pats snapped him up.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1nf7xkok said:
rideaducati":1nf7xkok said:
NEXT
MAN
UP!

This is not the end of the season. The Seahawks are still better than every team left on their schedule.
Yeah, Arizona is a pushover. Same for the 9ers...and KC is so easy to beat at Arrowhead. R U smoking something?

"Seahaws are still better than every team left on their schedule" does not equate to "yeah, Arizona, SF, KC are pushovers.

I agree with him. Seattle is the better team in each of their remaining games. Doesnt mean we will win them all.

Sucks we miss out on Branch. would have been an ideal replacement

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
marymoorhawk":nlq3aifh said:
brimsalabim":nlq3aifh said:
Another strain type muscle injury. Maybe we should try yoga?

Could you imagine Mebane trying this?
three_new_yoga_poses.jpg

I have, but it is not as enjoyable as it looks.

gmor

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":tfkyy203 said:
A tear is not a tear is not a tear. What grade of tear was reported? One through three, with grade one obviously being mild and a recovery measured in weeks while grade three is a complete tear with recovery measured in months.
If he's out for the rest of the year, it's towards the terrible side. He was the biggest threat in the middle. Now what?

HawkEye

Reaction score
Huge loss, but I believe Kevin Williams can do the job!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
We will definitely see a dropoff. Not a Riddick Parker-esch dropoff, but we will be worse across the board.

rideaducati

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2uf0esuk said:
rideaducati":2uf0esuk said:
NEXT
MAN
UP!

This is not the end of the season. The Seahawks are still better than every team left on their schedule.
Yeah, Arizona is a pushover. Same for the 9ers...and KC is so easy to beat at Arrowhead. R U smoking something?

Man for man across entire rosters, I still think the Seahawks are better than every team left on their schedule. Even if you take just the guys that will be starting, the Seahawks are better. I didn't say that the Seahawks will win every game, but if every game was on a neutral field, the Seahawks SHOULD win.

The rest of the season will be tough, but it will be tougher for the team playing the Seahawks each week.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
HawkEye":1n4ta1da said:
Huge loss, but I believe Kevin Williams can do the job!

He was a monster in his prime but he's a lot longer in the tooth now, but I agree with you.

All pro's are that, for the most part, because they live the game. It's who and what they are. He's well rested and I believe he's going to show that he can still get the job done.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2w7c7gju said:
Sure seems like we used all our injury (or lack thereof) luck last year. But seriously, does it have to made up for it in spades this year?
Gonna miss you 'Bane. Here's hoping K. Williams can step up for the remainder.

I think you're mistaken, and I'm not sure why fans are convinced that the Seahawks were so healthy, last year, because they weren't.

Other than 2012, Pete Carroll's teams have been notoriously injury plagued.

2013 has seemed less so because the Seahawks had elite depth, and faced a much easier schedule. Okung, Giacomini, Unger, Miller, Sweezy, Clemons, Avril, Bryant, Wagner, Wright, Browner, Rice, Kearse, Robinson, Carpenter, Johnson, Lane , Smith, and Hill all missed games last year. McCoy, Scruggs, and Jesse Williams ended up on I.R. before the season. Harvin missed 17 out of 19 games. Irvin and Walter Thurmond were suspended 4 games a piece.

Lotta of missed games last year too.

A

Anonymous

I trust that Brandon will be on the sidelines, with the team, and wearing the puffy sleeves the rest of the year.

Mebane is a key player for the Seahawks both on the field, and off it. Look for him to step up in a different role while his injury heals.

Dreo

Reaction score
Too bad. Both Mebane and Wagner were on track for Pro Bowl years until they were injured.

We were lucky last year to avoid having too many starters injured, but this year has just been cursed.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Northhawk":2r8axd02 said:
I take full responsibility for this. I started a thread a few days ago about how BM is the most under rated player on the team and how I have always enjoyed watching him play.

Clearly, any praise from me is a curse and I should have kept my opinion to myself.

To that end, I always thought Drew Stanton was one of Arizona's most under rated players. I always enjoy watching him play.
So how do you feel about he KC defense as a whole?

Pandion Haliaetus":2r8axd02 said:
hawksfansinceday1":2r8axd02 said:
Sure seems like we used all our injury (or lack thereof) luck last year. But seriously, does it have to made up for it in spades this year?
Gonna miss you 'Bane. Here's hoping K. Williams can step up for the remainder.

I think you're mistaken, and I'm not sure why fans are convinced that the Seahawks were so healthy, last year, because they weren't.

Other than 2012, Pete Carroll's teams have been notoriously injury plagued.

2013 has seemed less so because the Seahawks had elite depth, and faced a much easier schedule. Okung, Giacomini, Unger, Miller, Sweezy, Clemons, Avril, Bryant, Wagner, Wright, Browner, Rice, Kearse, Robinson, Carpenter, Johnson, Lane , Smith, and Hill all missed games last year. McCoy, Scruggs, and Jesse Williams ended up on I.R. before the season. Harvin missed 17 out of 19 games. Irvin and Walter Thurmond were suspended 4 games a piece.

Lotta of missed games last year too.
Fair enough. Guess it just seems worse this year cuz, well, it's now this year.