Maxwell is still pretty darn good

DJrmb

Reaction score
I took a quick look and didn't see a post on this but I wanted to give Maxwell his due. He wasn't perfect and clearly was not 100% still in the Giants game but there was a difference when he came onto the field.

This is by no means an indictment on Simon. I think he's had a couple real good games and has flashed some really great talent (I agree with whoever it was that said he could be a more athletic Browner), but he is not at Maxwell's level quite yet (and he shouldn't be in his first real season of playing NFL ball).

Just wanted to see what you all thought. Did anyone else notice Simon getting a little exposed early on and then seemingly Maxwell coming in with a little bit of fire under his @ or a chip to "show him how it's done"?

Overall, good game, good win. We are starting to get healthy and it's starting to show. It'll take some time to gel even with players coming back, but hopefully the trend continues upward and we get some of the other things fixed along the way to eventually be playing our best ball when it means the most!

SEA ... HAWKS!!!

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I thought Maxwell played well (the last pass he blocked on 4th down was pretty nice) and as he gets healthier it will be interesting to see how much better the CB's can be when they are on the field at the same time (Sherm, Lane, Maxwell, Simon as your front 4 and then add in Burley, Shead) and I think the team will have a group close to a year ago. To bad the front four can't get the rush they did last year, that is the only thing keeping this defense from being elite again this year, I guess you can't have it all every year.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
To me, I think Max is a vital piece and I hope the team can find the $ to sign him long term. I would love to have him play opposite Sherm for many years.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wait, I thought we were all ready to anoint Tharold "the holding penalty machine" Simon the job last week?

ManBunts

Reaction score
I'll take Simon over Burley. I just can't get past some of the huge gains Burley gives up in critical situations. It's like he's scared to get burned deep and would rather give a 10 yard cushion, somehow forgetting he has some of the most awesome safeties ever behind him

hawkfan68

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawk":2qztau58 said:
I thought Maxwell played well (the last pass he blocked on 4th down was pretty nice) and as he gets healthier it will be interesting to see how much better the CB's can be when they are on the field at the same time (Sherm, Lane, Maxwell, Simon as your front 4 and then add in Burley, Shead) and I think the team will have a group close to a year ago. To bad the front four can't get the rush they did last year, that is the only thing keeping this defense from being elite again this year, I guess you can't have it all every year.

Maxwell played well so did Simon...Having too many good players is a nice problem to have.

While they may not be as dominant as they were last year, they are still an elite defense. They are 3rd best defense in NFL, just behind the 49ers and Lions. The separation between them and 49ers is .6 yards. So they are close to being #2. Not too shabby for the injuries they have endured defensively. I consider that an "elite" defense.

kearly

Reaction score
That 4th down PD by Maxwell was a thing of beauty. I wanted to punch Mike Pereira for saying the refs should have called the ultimate ticky tack contact for defensive holding, after a 4th down stop.

Anguish

Reaction score
kearly":hscp8hxk said:
That 4th down PD by Maxwell was a thing of beauty. I wanted to punch Mike Pereira for saying the refs should have called the ultimate ticky tack contact for defensive holding, after a 4th down stop.

Ditto.

I always ask myself how I would feel if it went against the 'hawks... That was one of those pass defenses that would have gotten a tip of the cap from me had it been Patrick Peterson defending against ADB. Just a good damned play.