You should have killed Seattle while you could, NFL

MVP53

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1vdrea9h said:
CallMeADawg":1vdrea9h said:
I watch RedZone every week (unless Seattle is on) and I use Game Pass to catch up on the games I miss. I'm aware that Gurley is playing well, I am also aware that the rest of St. Louis' offense is hot garbage.

AP was held to nothing by Seattle. I don't know if you see this in your responses, but you continually make some excuse for how Seattle's performance is diminished when you talk about the games they have played.

I did notice that you skipped over the question someone asked you about what happened when Minnesota nearly beat you at home? Were they better than mediocre for that one night that they played you?

Not making excuses I'm just wondering why the media is crowning them after wins over Pitt, Minnesota and Baltimore with Cleveland and St. Louis coming up. There is no doubt that Seattle is playing 1000 % better than they were... you don't have to be a fan to see that.

But are they back to SB caliber as one of your own posted upthread? Time will tell.

As for the other question... I already answered it. Scroll up.

Any given Sunday? Like the Lions game? ... and I never said Minnesota was mediocre... I said average. Mediocre would be Chicago, Detroit, Dallas, SF and Baltimore.

You'll have to explain to us what the difference is between mediocre and average, in your head. Considering the two are basically synonyms for one another, you can understand where we are confused.

And I love how you call Minnesota a "Teddy Bridgewater led" team in an effort to diminish them. If I were to call them an "Adrian Peterson led" team, does that increase their value?

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":2x3c7ljh said:
Aren't there AZ fan forums out there somewhere or is this the only place they think their opinion is wanted? :tardssmall:
:laugh:
Their one or two fans need a message board, I guess....Ya know, since they don't have any decent boards of their own, let alone a Nationally known one like Seahawks.net.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Mods!!! Can you PLEASE move this to the shack. The OP is obviously trolling.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
AZ_fan":1uoa0nr4 said:
I just moved to Seattle for a new job so now I'm flooded with Seahawks... on the TV... on the radio... in the newspaper...

You get it.

Figured I'd check out the forums too and this one looked the most legit.

I'm not a hater... I'm just a fan of a different team.

I hear ya. I don't mind reading an opponent team's fan's POV, and anyone is welcome here who can have an intelligent debate and conversation like it seems you are capable of so I have no beef with you and I get being in "Enemy Territory" can get a bit overwhelming.

To me it's like going to the best Cardinals fan forum, register and start talking about how their wins have not been impressive based on quality of opponent (or similar debate). Different strokes I get all that, I just have always found it a bit odd. Having said all that welcome to .NET and your stay will be as pleasant as you make it. :D

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Aros, it won't be all that pleasant for him/her(don't know gender) if they keep up their current bravado. It's like they are asking for this topic to be shacked, which I would be fine with BTW. If not, you might want to inform them that there is a place for smack talk here. Just not on the main forum.

Cartire

Reaction score
AZ_fan":dyu6bs8i said:
Not making excuses I'm just wondering why the media is crowning them after wins over Pitt, Minnesota and Baltimore with Cleveland and St. Louis coming up. There is no doubt that Seattle is playing 1000 % better than they were... you don't have to be a fan to see that.

But are they back to SB caliber as one of your own posted upthread? Time will tell.

As for the other question... I already answered it. Scroll up.

Any given Sunday? Like the Lions game? ... and I never said Minnesota was mediocre... I said average. Mediocre would be Chicago, Detroit, Dallas, SF and Baltimore.

Lets get something straight here, the Media isnt crowning us at all. Here are the talking points, in no particular order. These are repeated AD-NASEUM on every show that mentions the NFC race.

1. Seattle is the SCARIEST team in the NFC.
2. Nobody wants to play the Seahawks in January.
3. The Seahawks can beat anybody

(its kinda hard to argue this right now. We're dominating in our victories, not just winning. We're experience. We've shown multiple years of sustained success through late season surges)

And here are the other talking points.

3. The Panthers are the FAVORITES to win the NFC
4. Cam Newton = God (little exaggerated, BUT, they all guarantee him the MVP)
5. 16-0?
6. The Panthers can beat anybody

7. Palmer is the CLEAR #2 in the MVP race.
8. The Cardinals can beat anybody.

9. Green bay calls good plays now.

Thats it. There is nothing else.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1gg6znhm said:
Aros, it won't be all that pleasant for him/her(don't know gender) if they keep up their current bravado. It's like they are asking for this topic to be shacked, which I would be fine with BTW. If not, you might want to inform them that there is a place for smack talk here. Just not on the main forum.

Yep and as I stated his or her stay will be as pleasant as they make it. :D

IndyHawk

Reaction score
AZ_fan":1mrl3r7d said:
Aros":1mrl3r7d said:
I am always puzzled why fans of division rivals hang out on the enemy's forum. Not that there's anything wrong with it...And truth be told we have some resident opponent fans who are quite gracious and offer something to the community.

But these types of threads "Let me come to your house and tell you why it's not that impressive what you have done" is quite boorish and immature.

Carry on.

I just moved to Seattle for a new job so now I'm flooded with Seahawks... on the TV... on the radio... in the newspaper...

You get it.

Figured I'd check out the forums too and this one looked the most legit.

I'm not a hater... I'm just a fan of a different team.

hawk45":1mrl3r7d said:
AZ_fan is right, other than the Pittsburgh win none of the others are terribly significant from the standpoint of opponent. They have been impressive in terms of margin of victory, which is what they should be, and that is all the team can do at this point. But really all we know is we can blow out some crappy teams (a decimated Minnesota included), and that when our passing D has faced quality QBs (sometime even less than quality QBs) it has been used.
We know we are playoff caliber, but not much more until our first playoff game and perhaps not even then if it's vs the NFC East.
I personally trust the O more than the pass D at this point to not be a mirage.
The team is definitely "back" to not sucking vs lower tier competition as they were early on. But it's hard to know whether they are back to being SB caliber just yet.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make.

Didn't have a thing to do with "Let me come to your house and tell you why it's not that impressive what you have done."

entropyrulesall":1mrl3r7d said:
Cardinal fans should feel relieved that they likely won't face Seattle in the playoffs until the NFCCG. Because with the media story lines and the invisible hand of the NFL, the preferred matchup for the NFCCG by the suits on Park Avenue is any combination of Carolina, GB and Seattle with the Cards back at home in the desert.

I do think a AZ-SEA battle for the trip to SB50 would be epic, would be 2nd time in 3 years of an all NFC West championship game.

Most definitely would be.
Is this Ringless evil twin? :roll:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1eh1c4o1 said:
Mods!!! Can you PLEASE move this to the shack. The OP is obviously trolling.

I wouldn't call it trolling. If it is it's the weakest trolling I have ever seen. He really just comes across more as a fan who hasn't had much experience dealing with success.

From my "Seahawks" perspective what I see is a team that stumbled early due to team changes and a schedule that was stacked in maybe the worst case scenario based on the changes needing to be addressed. We didn't fair real well in those early stages against very stiff competition but now are gelling and becoming more of a complete team and at just the right time.

AZ was pretty sound to start the season with a few fixes needed but also facing a schedule that allowed for a little growing room. That helped them to gel early as well as gain some confidence and against some opponents still trying to get their team situated allowed them to post some impressive wins.

Here's the catch though. Both teams have looked impressive at times this season but now that the playoffs are just around the corner the Seahawks are the ones blowing teams out while AZ is struggling at home with the same team Seattle demoralized on the road in an early start.

If I'm a Cards fan I am leaning on the win in Seattle but as a Seattle fan I see that game as an extreme outlier. The odds of Seattle getting penalized the way we did, not just as much but in a style that completely effected our identity and game plan, is very unlikely to happen again. I'm not bringing into question the validity of the calls just the odds we would get 14 post snap penalties to zero and they would be of the type that put us in 1st and 20+ from our own 10 so many times to start off the game. As Seahawks fan knowing we still had a late lead in that game, weren't close to clicking on all cylinders and the penalties are unlikely to repeat in that fashion, I like our chances when and if we meet up in the playoffs even in your house.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":3d5r6fq0 said:
AZ_fan":3d5r6fq0 said:
DynoHawk":3d5r6fq0 said:
You should have killed the Seattle Seahawks while you could, NFL.

The Seahawks on Oct. 18 were defeated at home by the Carolina Panthers after a miraculous comeback from Cam Newton and the Cats. The last-minute loss dropped the Seahawks to 2-4 and the defending NFC champs were reeling.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2015/12/nfl-week-15-pow ... te-charge/

Thats funny.

What's funny is seeing the media back on the Seahawks bandwagon after hopping off for the first half of the season. Seattle wins over Pittsburgh, Minnesota and Baltimore now have every other NFL story "the Seahawks are a Super Bowl favorite! OMG!"...

The key phrase in the article you linked is "The Seahawks struggled with a front-loaded schedule, but they’re 6-1 since that Carolina loss, and they’re doing things in a different manner than we’ve become accustomed to seeing."

Lets take a closer look...

A 20-3 win over a mediocre SF team
An ugly 13-12 road win over a mediocre Dallas team led by some 4th string QB
A 39-32 loss at home to Arizona
A 29-13 win over a mediocre SF team
A 39-30 win over a Pittsburgh team that torched the D for 500 yards
A 38-7 road win over a Teddy Bridgewater led Vikings team
A 35-6 win over a Baltimore team that had half their starters on IR

The Pittsburgh game aside, are a bunch of wins over mediocre (you can add the Bears and Lions to this list) to average competition supposed to signal to the rest of the NFL that the Seahawks are going to make a 3rd straight Super Bowl? A glance at the schedule reveals wins over mediocre to average teams... with losses to teams that are on the upper end of the standings (Packers, Bengals, Panthers, Cardinals)...

You are what your record says you are?

You can only play the teams on your schedule.

Panthers have only beaten 3 winning teams (GB, AZ, SEA)
AZ has only beaten 2 winning teams.
Seattle has only beaten 2 winning teams.

But:
Carolina’s opponents combined 19 games under .500
AZ opponent’s combined 23 games under .500
Sea opponents combined 9 over .500

It's a mediocre year for the NFL, only a few good teams, 6 "elite" ones and the rest are mediocre. The winning teams this year tend to only lose to other winning teams and are crushing the weak ones. Very few upsets so far, parity indeed Mr. Goodell.
Indeed there are only 11 teams in the entire NFL that are above .500. Eleven, it's been years since the league has been filled with so many terrible teams.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Football outsiders says the Seahawks schedule so far has been 17th hardest - to the Cardinals soft 25th ranked schedule and Carolina's super soft schedule 30th ranked schedule.

The Cards have played 2 good teams all year - the Hawks and the Bengals. They beat them both but it isn't like they are putting great teams to sleep every week.

Polaris

Reaction score
It's actually even worse. Of the 16 teams in the NFC, it's not only true that only five teams are above 0.500 but only 9 of them can possibly wind up above 0.500 [I am including teams that are currently under 0.500 but can hypothetically end the season above it.] The same is true in the AFC. Of the 16 teams in the NFC only 6 are above 0.500 and like the NFC only 9 can possibly wind up above 0.500 [again including teams that are currently below 0.500 that might end above it].

This is horrid.

Hawks46

Reaction score
New England annually beats up on a poor division. They're always still dangerous come playoff time.

Carolina has only beaten 3 teams with winning records. I guess they suck too.

It's just not a valid argument when there are only 11 teams with winning records in the league this year.

Dizzlepdx

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":y33r0aoj said:
Indeed there are only 11 teams in the entire NFL that are above .500. Eleven, it's been years since the league has been filled with so many terrible teams.

We've basically got a bunch of almost-equally-bad teams beating each other. Usually there's at least one team still fighting for their first win by now but the lowest is 3 wins by 3 teams. One of which is in town this weekend.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I see it differently. There is a lot more parity around the league. A losing or .500 team beating a winning one this year would not be so surprising. JMO.
Any given Sunday is on a roll this season.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawks46":3m2cfysg said:
New England annually beats up on a poor division. They're always still dangerous come playoff time.

Carolina has only beaten 3 teams with winning records. I guess they suck too.

It's just not a valid argument when there are only 11 teams with winning records in the league this year.
Carolina doesn't suck but they are the worst 13-0 team in the modern era. They have played a ridiculous schedule and have benefited from it. Pretty simple.

ptisme

Reaction score
Aros":2uy0a52y said:
I am always puzzled why fans of division rivals hang out on the enemy's forum. Not that there's anything wrong with it...And truth be told we have some resident opponent fans who are quite gracious and offer something to the community.

But these types of threads "Let me come to your house and tell you why it's not that impressive what you have done" is quite boorish and immature.

Carry on.
He did nothing wrong, get some thicker skin...

ptisme

Reaction score
IMHO Seattle is peaking right when they need to be... Glad my team (Packers) more than likely will be playing Minnesota round one....

Scottemojo

Reaction score
No way will I begrudge the Panthers their record. Besides, if we knock off an unbeaten Panthers team in the playoffs, it will be an even better story.

Nor will I begrudge the Cardinals their record. Fun to watch, with an exciting coach who turns them loose.

But the Cards fan who decided to show up and talk shit when his team was finally good? Dude is a waste of time. Especially when he drops the most contradictory crap into his posts. Seattle is what their record says, but the Vikings are not as good as their record? What the ... Dude is just trying to wind people up. Or he is just plain stupid. Probably both.

Johnny come lately fans who think they are provocateurs, but not until their team gives them a perch to crow from. No shits given about this guy.

Latest posts