Yall wanted Lock

jeremiah

Reaction score
I don't disagree. I definitely don't think Lock is the answer. They will have to figure something out like you said. My hope is Geno plays lights out the rest of the way and we can all rest a little easier.
I don't care which QB plays, this team won't be a contender UNTIL, PC is gone and forgotten.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Actually, in all retrospect, scoring is down across the league this year. We had the long ball for a couple years, defenses adapted and took away chunk plays. Hopefully we’ll start to see more ground and pound from offenses.

Reactions: Xxx

renofox

Reaction score
I don't disagree. I definitely don't think Lock is the answer. They will have to figure something out like you said. My hope is Geno plays lights out the rest of the way and we can all rest a little easier.
First, what is the question?

Are we actually going to take a shot at a QBOTF?

If we don't, does it really make a difference if we go 5-12 with Lock or 9-8 with Geno? Maybe Lock improves to 9-8 level? Either way, this team is going nowhere with either one of them.

If we do, is the candidate going to be a starter day 1? I very much doubt it.

Everybody always talks about Geno as a bridge in one breath, then talks about playoffs with another. When I think of a bridge QB, I think of someone taking reps while the QBOTF is learning, and being just good enough to help young guys playing offense to develop them.

In reality, Geno is a bridge to nowhere.

To me, the only question is:

Is it worth paying a QB $30M and wasting draft picks on rentals to win a few extra games per year, while putting the team in a position where actually becoming competitive in the playoffs is now not possible?

My answer:

No. I hate the way PCJS have been rebuilding the Seahawks. They've gone all in (cap situation has gotten worse every year - most don't realize how bad it is next year) and they'll have an 8-9 win season of almost unwatchable football to show for it.

They've knocked it out of the park with two monster drafts, but because they've ignored the QB situation this team is in a hole with no clear route forward.

I've loved the Seahawks since '76. PCJS are destroying my team and I only want to see the Seahawks play good football again. I'm tired of high-floor low-ceiling football, and after nearly a decade of becoming a progressively worse team I'm ready for something different.

Reactions: Xxx

Ozzy

Reaction score
First, what is the question?

Are we actually going to take a shot at a QBOTF?

If we don't, does it really make a difference if we go 5-12 with Lock or 9-8 with Geno? Maybe Lock improves to 9-8 level? Either way, this team is going nowhere with either one of them.

If we do, is the candidate going to be a starter day 1? I very much doubt it.

Everybody always talks about Geno as a bridge in one breath, then talks about playoffs with another. When I think of a bridge QB, I think of someone taking reps while the QBOTF is learning, and being just good enough to help young guys playing offense to develop them.

Is it worth paying a QB $30M and wasting draft picks on rentals to win a few extra games per year, while putting the team in a position where actually becoming competitive in the playoffs is now not possible?

My answer:

No. I hate the way PCJS have been rebuilding the Seahawks. They've gone all in (cap situation has gotten worse every year - most don't realize how bad it is next year) and they'll have an 8-9 win season of almost unwatchable football to show for it.

They've knocked it out of the park with two monster drafts, but because they've ignored the QB situation this team is in a hole with no clear route forward.

I've loved the Seahawks since '76. PCJS are destroying my team and I only want to see the Seahawks play good football again. I'm tired of high-floor low-ceiling football, and after nearly a decade of becoming a progressively worse team I'm ready for something different.
we see it almost exactly the same. I think great teams once they know the stop the experiment and move on in hopes of finding the answer and right now Geno feels like what you said, a way to win a 2-3 more games but not really be ready to compete at a high level. That's why I thought last draft was the perfect time to get your guy of the future. Levis has looked like he could be a really good QB in the future. time will tell I guess.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
IF the folks here at .NET WANT TO be HONEST, they'd ADMIT that it was Geno & the Offense that gathered up a 16 to 7 lead, and that it was the DEFENSE that GAVE UP 10 UNANSWERED points.
The Defense allowed 10 points. The Offense allowed those 10 points to be unanswered.

Just sayin'.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If you have a top 15 QB, your QBOTF is playing under center.

NoGain

Reaction score

My answer:

Well said. This sums up my frustrations about PC/JS trying to build up a competitive team around Geno without a potential QBOTF in sight. I couldn't have said it better. Geno is a bridge to nowhere now. The Hawks have been downright negligent for some years now in their failure to expend any draft capital on a potential QBOTF. I think this fact alone should give pause to even the most ardent defenders of PC/JS.