Yall wanted Lock

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Um............Geno had 9 consecutive failed 3rd down conversions. Come on Scutter. He wasn't the reason they lost, but he was absolutely PART of it.

Does it matter that they got to 16-7 when they do absolutely NOTHING the rest of the game?

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Um............Geno had 9 consecutive failed 3rd down conversions. Come on Scutter. He wasn't the reason they lost, but he was absolutely PART of it.

Does it matter that they got to 16-7 when they do absolutely NOTHING the rest of the game?
three of those 9 were Lock so why lie?

WarHawks

Reaction score
Gosh, it's almost like there's a pattern here. Our qb scores one, maybe two td's a game, and then apologists try to blame anything and everything else, instead of just admitting he's mediocre at best. I don't understand it. Why set the bar so low? We can and we must do better than this. This same crap week after week is getting really tiresome.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
As one of the people who wanted Lock to play, dial it down a little. Once again he was thrown into the game without any preparation or foresight and he dealt the cards he was dealt. The throw to Njigba down the middle would've been a touchdown imo if Njigba had just turned and looked for the ball.

The interception he threw was underthrown, not straight at the defense and that's all I'm going to say about that.

You guys are so quick to cast Lock off into the trash, he has had a LOT shorter rope than Geno has had.
And Geno was chosen to be the Seahawks #1 because he has PROVEN to be the better QB of the two, period!

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Gosh, it's almost like there's a pattern here. Our qb scores one, maybe two td's a game, and then apologists try to blame anything and everything else, instead of just admitting he's mediocre at best. I don't understand it. Why set the bar so low? We can and we must do better than this. This same crap week after week is getting really tiresome.
What is it you want them to do? I don't see anyone denying he's medicore. He is a middle of the pack QB and they can win some games with him. The fact is they don't have another QB who is better.

What do you want to happen? Do you just want everyone to come on here and trash Geno every week? Not sure what that achieves. At some point you just have to accept he is who he is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's absolutely the better of the two. But is he good enough to take us past even the Divisional round?
He is their best option THIS year, hopefully they make a change next year.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
He's absolutely the better of the two. But is he good enough to take us past even the Divisional round?
Probably not, no. The reality is the Divisional round is probably about the ceiling for this team. It's hard to win in the NFL, especially when you trade your QB away to rebuild. That's whats happening here.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I wasn't happy one bit when Geno went down. It's not like either of them were lighting it up after that early lead. While I have had my times of wanting to see what Lock can do.......meh, little to no confidence in him.
Geno is absolutely better. But I still don't have a ton of confidence in him overall. I doubt I'm alone in this.
Indeed you are not alone, but he & the Offense put up a 10 point lead going into the 4th quarter, and then came back in to take the Hawks down field & give us a CHANCE to win...albeit a slim chance lol.
Geno isn't optimum @ QB but without having an O-line good enough to afford him better protection from an aging Aaron Donald & the like, I don't believe that there are many IF ANY Rook QB's in the Draft that would fare much better.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
If lock knows how to hand the ball of to the RB then he might be worth the watch. Not sure why he kept trying for a moon ball downfield, he made the 32nd ranked secondary look good.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
1. Deep middle JSN inc
2. Short right Fant comp
3. Deep left JSN inc
4. Short left Dissly inc
5. Short right JSN comp
6. Deep left Lockett int

At this point he was 2/3 on short passes and 0/3 with an INT on long passes. That's not an effective playcalling log for a backup off the bench. Once he threw the INT, Lock's head was done for the day. 3 shorts, no mids, and 3 deeps while sitting in the pocket for Lock is playcalling malpractice.
Don’t know why we didn’t just pound the ball with Lock in, gotta make the worst secondary in the league look good I guess.

Xxx

Reaction score
Yes BUT that 00.01% INTERCEPTION and DRIVE KILLING PLAY was NOT on Geno, it was on DREW LOCK.
IF the folks here at .NET WANT TO be HONEST, they'd ADMIT that it was Geno & the Offense that gathered up a 16 to 7 lead, and that it was the DEFENSE that GAVE UP 10 UNANSWERED points.
10 points… 10 points…. It was also geno who left four red zone touchdowns laying on the field, maybe you try being honest

renofox

Reaction score
Yes BUT that 00.01% INTERCEPTION and DRIVE KILLING PLAY was NOT on Geno, it was on DREW LOCK.
IF the folks here at .NET WANT TO be HONEST, they'd ADMIT that it was Geno & the Offense that gathered up a 16 to 7 lead, and that it was the DEFENSE that GAVE UP 10 UNANSWERED points.
Defense allowed 2nd half:
Punt
Punt
Punt
Interception
Touchdown
Field Goal

Offense 2nd half:
3p, 8y, 1:03, punt
8p, 13y, 3:56, FG
4p, 11y, 2:54, punt
3p, 1y, 0:41, punt (Lock 1st pass, 3rd and 9)
3p, 7y, 1:34, punt
3p, -1y, 0:55, INT
7p, 38y, 1:28, Miss FG

So in its' first 6 drives (3.5 w/ Geno) of the 2nd half, the Offense goes 24p, 39y, 11:03 for 4 punts, 1 INT, and one FG on a short field.

Meanwhile, the Defense holds the Rams to a 7 point 1st half, then makes 4 consecutive stops, including a TO squandered by the offense, and finally allows 1 FG to the Rams and a TD to the refs.

It'S tHe DeFeNsE's FaUlT!!!
GeNo Is ThE bEStEsT!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And less than 280 total yards offense for the Rams. I suspect many Rams fans even surprised the won that game. Hawks had control for most of that game. Didn't play add on one bit, and it bit them in the a**.
Exactly what Pete teams do. Try to coast on a lead. It's beyond maddening watching that team fold on offense, over and over again.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Defense allowed 2nd half:
Punt
Punt
Punt
Interception
Touchdown
Field Goal

Offense 2nd half:
3p, 8y, 1:03, punt
8p, 13y, 3:56, FG
4p, 11y, 2:54, punt
3p, 1y, 0:41, punt (Lock 1st pass, 3rd and 9)
3p, 7y, 1:34, punt
3p, -1y, 0:55, INT
7p, 38y, 1:28, Miss FG

So in its' first 6 drives (3.5 w/ Geno) of the 2nd half, the Offense goes 24p, 39y, 11:03 for 4 punts, 1 INT, and one FG on a short field.

Meanwhile, the Defense holds the Rams to a 7 point 1st half, then makes 4 consecutive stops, including a TO squandered by the offense, and finally allows 1 FG to the Rams and a TD to the refs.

It'S tHe DeFeNsE's FaUlT!!!
GeNo Is ThE bEStEsT!!!
Weird everyone went quiet after this post lol. Geno wasn't doing much better than Lock. I would also argue the first third down they had but JSN didn't know what he was doing based on the look and it was there. Lock didn't play good at all but Geno wasn't much better. I personally doubt Lock is any better but I'm not going to use 2-2 drives in the middle of the game with zero game plan built around him as a baromter of what he is. I also think its funny the people screaming "you got what you want!" are find doing just that while excusing everything away when it comes to Geno.....at least be consistent. Why is everything so binary now and an "us vs them" meantality.....shit gets old guys.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Weird everyone went quiet after this post lol. Geno wasn't doing much better than Lock. I would also argue the first third down they had but JSN didn't know what he was doing based on the look and it was there. Lock didn't play good at all but Geno wasn't much better. I personally doubt Lock is any better but I'm not going to use 2-2 drives in the middle of the game with zero game plan built around him as a baromter of what he is. I also think its funny the people screaming "you got what you want!" are find doing just that while excusing everything away when it comes to Geno.....at least be consistent. Why is everything so binary now and an "us vs them" meantality.....shit gets old guys.
The sample size is small, yes, but the coaches see this every day in practice. I think it's crazy fans on here think they know who the better QB is. Geno deserves plenty of blame and has been medicore. I don't think a lot of people are denying this. At least I'm not. But the point is Lock isn't the answer. They will need to go after a QB in free agency or the draft. Lock has never done anything in the NFL to prove otherwise. When Geno came back in he immediately led us down the field.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The sample size is small, yes, but the coaches see this every day in practice. I think it's crazy fans on here think they know who the better QB is. Geno deserves plenty of blame and has been medicore. I don't think a lot of people are denying this. At least I'm not. But the point is Lock isn't the answer. They will need to go after a QB in free agency or the draft. Lock has never done anything in the NFL to prove otherwise. When Geno came back in he immediately led us down the field.
I don't disagree. I definitely don't think Lock is the answer. They will have to figure something out like you said. My hope is Geno plays lights out the rest of the way and we can all rest a little easier.

Latest posts