YAC YAC YAC.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Keep harping on the same topic - but I'm not the only one.

Yup, the receiver room needs to put away their stuffed animals and their blankies, and get back on the field with some f***ing attitude this season.

JSN is gonna be some nice competition for touches for our 2 favorite legacy receivers. Note how he's GOOD after the catch.

Huh. Two much time in the sewing circle for these two. And the numbers show it. They need to pick it up.

In my opinion.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Keep harping on the same topic - but I'm not the only one.

Yup, the receiver room needs to put away their stuffed animals and their blankies, and get back on the field with some f***ing attitude this season.

JSN is gonna be some nice competition for touches for our 2 favorite legacy receivers. Note how he's GOOD after the catch.

Huh. Two much time in the sewing circle for these two. And the numbers show it. They need to pick it up.

In my opinion.
Perhaps...but YAC is also reflective of when the ball is delivered "in space"...JSN has excellent YAC ability because not only does his body control create space...but his lower body half is built like a LB which helps break tackles.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Perhaps...but YAC is also reflective of when the ball is delivered "in space"...JSN has excellent YAC ability because not only does his body control create space...but his lower body half is built like a LB which helps break tackles.
It was said that Steve Largent could make ankle breaking change of direction moves after catching the ball.
If I'm reading & hearing correctly JSN has that same 'Hard Juking moves' in his game.

bileever

Reaction score
The west coast offensive scheme is designed to generate yards after the catch. The Chiefs, one of the best at employing the short passing game, led the league in YAC last year with 2853. We were 21st with 1776. Both McVay and Shanahan run schemes that generate a lot YACs. The 49ers were 5th last year, but they actually tied with the Chiefs for YAC per reception at 6.6 yards per catch. The Rams led the league in YAC in 2020, and the 49ers in 2019, so they're doing something right. The other thing that this scheme does is stretch the defense horizontally and provide large gaps for the running game.

Mick063

Reaction score
Deep, deep, deep.

I want the long ball.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
Think about this...the NFL emphasis on tackling and punishing "helmet to helmet" contact will lead to more defenders looking to make leg tackle wrap ups...strong lower bodies like JSN/K9/Char and even DK can benefit with a resulting spike in yards after catch.