Wow. Things were worse than they seemed obviously.

toffee

Reaction score
April 18, 2011: JS says in his presser that his philosophy for Seahawks FO will be to address the QB position every year. He says, even if we're set at QB, those guys become assets in other ways. I don't think JSs philosophy changed but, as keasley says above, JS was reigned in. Maybe it's too much to assume that's to appease RW3. Maybe not. ...and Pete kind of abandoned his Always Compete mantra too.

JS also said in that presser, that the QB position isn't something to ignore, but it's also not something to over value. ...just seems relevant to this thread...

(sorry, can't find the presser to link but re-read a few articles about it. Much of this post is from memory because it seemed practically revolutionary, borderline idiotic, not to obsess over QB with Charlie Whitehurst as the only one one the roster at that point.)
I wanted Pete gone when he started to sacrifice his football philosophy, other players, heck, everything to appease Russell Wilson. At the time I said Pete sold his soul to Russ, and that is behavior unbefitting of a head coach. Contrary to most here, I found Pete's team building philosophy to be sound, just that he gave all up to appease one Russell Wilson.

keasley45

Reaction score
Yup
I wanted Pete gone when he started to sacrifice his football philosophy, other players, heck, everything to appease Russell Wilson. At the time I said Pete sold his soul to Russ, and that is behavior unbefitting of a head coach. Contrary to most here, I found Pete's team building philosophy to be sound, just that he gave all up to appease one Russell Wilson.

Yup. Can you imagine where we'd be now if we'd traded Russ coming off of his 2018 campaign - not bad with his new OC, but not drastically different either.

We'd have gotten a kings Ransome for him, been able to pick up Allen (John obviously liked him), had our franchise QB, now, a stocked roster, and no doubt already have been pushing for another title.

Instead, we had to wade through the Wilson drama and set back the reset 3 years and we gained nothing. Just more playoff disappointment.

Better late than never...

balakoth

Reaction score
If it was the straw that broke Team Russ's back, then why did he re-sign with the Seahawks for 4 years $140M in 2019? Which was after the Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen drafts. Why didn't he demand a trade then? Of course, the Seahawks did make him the highest paid QB at that time (according to the article) so there's that.

Its called money? ROFL... obtuse much

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
we need to stop acting like we're special to these divas :rolleyes:. we're not. we're spectators. its business, and players have their own motives.

that being said, we as spectators get to call a spade a spade, regardless of what trolls and fanboys would think. no need to sugarcoat. fanboys return to their mainstream echo-chambers when defeated. they expect us to be loyal to and praise their heroes, regardless of what those 'heroes' do. they care less about facts, and more about perceived virtue or media consensus. note to yourselves; wilson's career is not gonna last forever. what then?

wilson is a mercurial figure at the moment for seahawks fans. on one hand, he was the best qb to ever don a seahawks uniform, and its not even close. he's a 'star'. he helped win the seahawks 1st superbowl. many of us have #3 jerseys in our closets.

but on the other hand, wilson is also a phony. he can't completely disguise his intentions. he definitely cares about his public perception. and he's been wearing a "mr nice guy" mask this whole time. members of the LOB had him figured out immediately when he entered that locker room. would a 'nice guy' be so manipulative and self-absorbed? would a nice guy run into sacks and hold onto the ball forever, and in turn blame his offensive line? would a 'nice guy' throw out barbs via the media directed at his last employer (that catered to him)? he's always had his own intentions. he stated he wants to be president of the U.S. ... :ROFLMAO:. he married a pop star. he cares about seattle? they just sold off their house. they just bought this 20,000sf, $25m mansion in colorado. he showed up to camp like this. "LEtS rIdE!" 😭 so... youth are being genocided by feytnol, others starving, others losing their homes in a recession, but hey wilson 'settled' for a $245m contract extension, a contract he wouldn't have given the seahawks. notice the disconnect? yeah... lets drop this 'mr nice guy' narrative with wilson. he's not anything more than a self-absorbed narcissist and a good nfl quarterback. when interviewed, he's quick to speak of his legacy. he never gave a shit about any of you. lol.

wilson used his position as a top player at the crucial position as leverage to manipulate the seahawks organization, while still enjoying all the perks and benefits of his position. during this process, he exposed himself. he dictated the seahawks offense, this is well documented to the point where the seahawks would devolve away from their gameplans to accommodate what russ was going to do anyway. his playstyle was certainly flawed and restricted to off-script, time-consuming sideline throws, and deep shots. he demanded huge pay raises when he was still under contract, needing to be among the highest or the highest paid player in the nfl. he then also wanted some level of player personnel control. the mask slipped when wilson dropped the charade and stopped 'caring' about seattle, the seahawks, or its fans in 2018 when he started requesting trades through his agent. as soon as the talent around him dried up, and the team was 'his', he realized real quick that couldn't carry the team... so he wanted out. pete knew the type of person he was dealing with, and entertained trading away wilson. its well documented that in 2017 pete had an offer on the table for the browns #1+ other capital. apparently the seahawks also eyed mahomes and allen in the 2017 and 2018 drafts. in early 2021 wilson gave the seahawks the list of teams he wanted to be traded to, then tells the media he didn't request a trade. 🤩 lmao! as soon as geno had success last season, wilson and his fragile ego came back from injury early to control the narrative.

... he just became exhausting to follow in any capacity. over these last few years, the phrase 'russell wilson' has invoked connotations in me of seething uneasiness and restless disapproval.

200 200 200

pete absolutely deserves blame for how he handled wilson and the seahawks roster while he had wilson. the clock is ticking on pete and john. they held onto wilson 4 more years than they probably should have. they could have started this rebuild earlier, and they know it. we all know it. but its ok, we're past that point now. everything is as it needs to be.

toffee

Reaction score
Yup

Yup. Can you imagine where we'd be now if we'd traded Russ coming off of his 2018 campaign - not bad with his new OC, but not drastically different either.

We'd have gotten a kings Ransome for him, been able to pick up Allen (John obviously liked him), had our franchise QB, now, a stocked roster, and no doubt already have been pushing for another title.

Instead, we had to wade through the Wilson drama and set back the reset 3 years and we gained nothing. Just more playoff disappointment.

I was totally against trading Wilson after the '18 season, he could do no wrong in my book and gutting the team for him was worth it. That changed after '19, I advocated to trade him in '20 and willingly took that cap hit.

keasley45

Reaction score
we need to stop acting like we're special to these divas :rolleyes:. we're not. we're spectators. its business, and players have their own motives.

that being said, we as spectators get to call a spade a spade, regardless of what trolls and fanboys would think. no need to sugarcoat. fanboys return to their mainstream echo-chambers when defeated. they expect us to be loyal to and praise their heroes, regardless of what those 'heroes' do. they care less about facts, and more about perceived virtue or media consensus. note to yourselves; wilson's career is not gonna last forever. what then?

wilson is a mercurial figure at the moment for seahawks fans. on one hand, he was the best qb to ever don a seahawks uniform, and its not even close. he's a 'star'. he helped win the seahawks 1st superbowl. many of us have #3 jerseys in our closets.

but on the other hand, wilson is also a phony. he can't completely disguise his intentions. he definitely cares about his public perception. and he's been wearing a "mr nice guy" mask this whole time. members of the LOB had him figured out immediately when he entered that locker room. would a 'nice guy' be so manipulative and self-absorbed? would a nice guy run into sacks and hold onto the ball forever, and in turn blame his offensive line? would a 'nice guy' throw out barbs via the media directed at his last employer (that catered to him)? he's always had his own intentions. he stated he wants to be president of the U.S. ... :ROFLMAO:. he married a pop star. he cares about seattle? they just sold off their house. they just bought this 20,000sf, $25m mansion in colorado. he showed up to camp like this. "LEtS rIdE!" 😭 so... youth are being genocided by feytnol, others starving, others losing their homes in a recession, but hey wilson 'settled' for a $245m contract extension, a contract he wouldn't have given the seahawks. notice the disconnect? yeah... lets drop this 'mr nice guy' narrative with wilson. he's not anything more than a self-absorbed narcissist and a good nfl quarterback. when interviewed, he's quick to speak of his legacy. he never gave a shit about any of you. lol.

wilson used his position as a top player at the crucial position as leverage to manipulate the seahawks organization, while still enjoying all the perks and benefits of his position. during this process, he exposed himself. he dictated the seahawks offense, this is well documented to the point where the seahawks would devolve away from their gameplans to accommodate what russ was going to do anyway. his playstyle was certainly flawed and restricted to off-script, time-consuming sideline throws, and deep shots. he demanded huge pay raises when he was still under contract, needing to be among the highest or the highest paid player in the nfl. he then also wanted some level of player personnel control. the mask slipped when wilson dropped the charade and stopped 'caring' about seattle, the seahawks, or its fans in 2018 when he started requesting trades through his agent. as soon as the talent around him dried up, and the team was 'his', he realized real quick that couldn't carry the team... so he wanted out. pete knew the type of person he was dealing with, and entertained trading away wilson. its well documented that in 2017 pete had an offer on the table for the browns #1+ other capital. apparently the seahawks also eyed mahomes and allen in the 2017 and 2018 drafts. in early 2021 wilson gave the seahawks the list of teams he wanted to be traded to, then tells the media he didn't request a trade. 🤩 lmao! as soon as geno had success last season, wilson and his fragile ego came back from injury early to control the narrative.

... he just became exhausting to follow in any capacity. over these last few years, the phrase 'russell wilson' has invoked connotations in me of seething uneasiness and restless disapproval.

View attachment 54367 View attachment 54368 View attachment 54369

pete absolutely deserves blame for how he handled wilson and the seahawks roster while he had wilson. the clock is ticking on pete and john. they held onto wilson 4 more years than they probably should have. they could have started this rebuild earlier, and they know it. we all know it. but its ok, we're past that point now. everything is as it needs to be.

Put a bow on that one. Drop the mic. Turn out the lights.

That's about as straight as it gets.

It's still just a little bit crazy to me that the dude still has the vast majority of the public fooled. Even moreso that he has so many people who 'follow' the game, duped.

If you analyze any single aspect of the story around Mr Wilson, it's reasonable to give the guy a pass. But when you put it all in a timeline and look at his actions in the context of things that were happening around him... its like the numbers twinkling in John Nash's savant brain. Mystery solved. Not that it was ever really a mystery to anyone inside the Hawks locker room. They had the dude pegged about 5 minutes after he coined 'go hawks'.

It's just sooooo obvious now, and his actions - transparent. If it weren't for the years we lost catering to his charade (thanks, Pete), I'd almost feel bad for him.

But I do feel bad for Lynch and the LOB family. They still had one helluva ride, but they were robbed of what would have likely been one of the greatest legacies of all time.

All so Pete could play Pappa to Russel.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
April 18, 2011: JS says in his presser that his philosophy for Seahawks FO will be to address the QB position every year. He says, even if we're set at QB, those guys become assets in other ways. I don't think JSs philosophy changed but, as keasley says above, JS was reigned in. Maybe it's too much to assume that's to appease RW3. Maybe not. ...and Pete kind of abandoned his Always Compete mantra too.

JS also said in that presser, that the QB position isn't something to ignore, but it's also not something to over value. ...just seems relevant to this thread...

(sorry, can't find the presser to link but re-read a few articles about it. Much of this post is from memory because it seemed practically revolutionary, borderline idiotic, not to obsess over QB with Charlie Whitehurst as the only one one the roster at that point.)
Both Pete & John were absolutely beside themselves with joy when they got RW in the Draft, but having first hand experience behind the scenes, dealing with Rodgers (Wilsons' Manager) and seeing how Wilson himself was reacting to negotiations, & how he was interested in promoting ONLY HIMSELF, and trying to insert some of his own say-so on how sh!t got handled outside his Quarterback Position, probably pi$$ed John off, and likely killed the enthusiasm that he once had for Wilson.
You can bet your butt that John had some words for Jody to ponder on, & why Pete is STILL employed with the Seahawks, and Russell 'The Phony' Wilson was given his freedom to meddle elsewhere.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
It's just sooooo obvious now, and his actions - transparent. If it weren't for the years we lost catering to his charade (thanks, Pete), I'd almost feel bad for him.

But I do feel bad for Lynch and the LOB family. They still had one helluva ride, but they were robbed of what would have likely been one of the greatest legacies of all time.

it's like we were watching a toxic relationship

one side is supportive and only chooses only to see the positives in a person, thinks they can't do any better, thinks both sides make each other better, and act like everything is fine...

... meanwhile, the other side disparages you, takes everything they can from you, yet can't accept any criticism, is always looking for something better, only cares about their own goals or legacy, and wants out immediately if things aren't going well or discards you when they're done with you.

it's apparent john schneider tried to intervene at one point by trading wilson, w/ pete basically saying " hang on, not yet, everything is fine"

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Anyone watching the Seahawks pretty much has had enough indicators that Russ is a narcissist. Or close to one.
Russ is incredibly shrewd and plays the long game. Even the Children's Hospital things was part of a brand-building campaign, though I think he grew to like it over time. But it was done for a purpose.
But so what?

If YOU had Wilson's life, you would likely believe the stuff he says too. And nobody said you need to be a good person to be a great player. Michael Jordan is/was by almost all accounts a colossal d*ck and basically a piece of garbage human being - but he also won multiple championships.

Wilson is self-centered, conniving, and a piece of work - but he is also incredibly gifted, unyielding under pressure, and seems to get better when things get tougher. He is also a big part of what made this team successful. And in the past 5 years, maybe the key reason.

Now, he had this unshakeable belief in others that got others to want to produce for him, that is really an unshakeable belief in himself (the whole 'we are going to win this thing' when he starts rallying the troops). At some point, the other players recognize it for what it is and start to tune it out, but initially it works wonders (ironically Pete has the same issue with people tuning him out for a similar reason).

As Baldwin and others from his teams have alluded to, Russ is likely a piece of work. Acknowledged.

Wilson is probably not someone you would want to hang out with. But he is responsible for most of the winning in the past 5 years. And even Pete acknowledged that Wilson basically saved his job. So you can dislike the guy but you better realize that one of the few reasons this team was good for so long was more Wilson than Pete.

toffee

Reaction score
Put a bow on that one. Drop the mic. Turn out the lights.

That's about as straight as it gets.

It's still just a little bit crazy to me that the dude still has the vast majority of the public fooled. Even moreso that he has so many people who 'follow' the game, duped.

If you analyze any single aspect of the story around Mr Wilson, it's reasonable to give the guy a pass. But when you put it all in a timeline and look at his actions in the context of things that were happening around him... its like the numbers twinkling in John Nash's savant brain. Mystery solved. Not that it was ever really a mystery to anyone inside the Hawks locker room. They had the dude pegged about 5 minutes after he coined 'go hawks'.

Pete's handling of Russell was behavior unbefitting of a head coach, when I figured that out, I wanted Pete fired. Not for his clock management, football philosophy, meddling of offense etc., but for his handling of Wilson. May be I should say allowing himself to be handled by Russell Wilson. I have been saying this for the past 16 months, like a broken record.

The bright spot in all these drama was our GM John Schneider, he looked at Mahomes, Allen, etc., the timing would have been perfect if we traded Wilson in 2017 to facilitate drafting Mahomes., or trade Wilson so we could draft Allen. Pete might be enjoying his relationship with Wilson, Schneider had it.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Anyone watching the Seahawks pretty much has had enough indicators that Russ is a narcissist. Or close to one.
Russ is incredibly shrewd and plays the long game. Even the Children's Hospital things was part of a brand-building campaign, though I think he grew to like it over time. But it was done for a purpose.
But so what?

If YOU had Wilson's life, you would likely believe the stuff he says too. And nobody said you need to be a good person to be a great player. Michael Jordan is/was by almost all accounts a colossal d*ck and basically a piece of garbage human being - but he also won multiple championships.

Wilson is self-centered, conniving, and a piece of work - but he is also incredibly gifted, unyielding under pressure, and seems to get better when things get tougher. He is also a big part of what made this team successful. And in the past 5 years, maybe the key reason.

Now, he had this unshakeable belief in others that got others to want to produce for him, that is really an unshakeable belief in himself (the whole 'we are going to win this thing' when he starts rallying the troops). At some point, the other players recognize it for what it is and start to tune it out, but initially it works wonders (ironically Pete has the same issue with people tuning him out for a similar reason).

As Baldwin and others from his teams have alluded to, Russ is likely a piece of work. Acknowledged.

Wilson is probably not someone you would want to hang out with. But he is responsible for most of the winning in the past 5 years. And even Pete acknowledged that Wilson basically saved his job. So you can dislike the guy but you better realize that one of the few reasons this team was good for so long was more Wilson than Pete.
Before Wilson complained about his teammate publicly, got to wonder if he used his teacher's pet privilege to complain about his teammates to Pete.

camdawg

Reaction score
Yup

I think it's a giant assumption that the guys who drafted Malik McDowell and LJ Collier, and overpaid guys like Luke Joeckel and Benson Mayowa, would put together a stacked roster that is competing for the Lombardi Trophy.

camdawg

Reaction score
Before Wilson complained about his teammate publicly, got to wonder if he used his teacher's pet privilege to complain about his teammates to Pete.
But here's where anti-Russell Seahawk fans, and Russell's own teammates, are full of it. (Toffee, I apologize if it seems like I'm arguing with you personally-I don't mean it that way.)

Every player that grumbled about Russ being the teacher's pet were full of crap. And it's that dishonesty that played a big role of the post SB49 downgrade of our team. Along with the one play call and the coaching staff's lack of accountability for that call, and their general handling of the team.

In terms of who was really spoiled on the team, I think we have to set Percy aside as an outlier. Until he pulled an Antonio in the 2014 Dallas game, Percy was off the charts in how much he was indulged.

So let's keep it to the main cast of characters. It wasn't Russell who completely got to blow off the media, even though interviews and media access are a required part of the job.

It wasn't Russell who gave his middle finger to the sideline many times when he didn't like the playcalling, or when the coaches wanted to sub him out for a few plays.

It wasn't Russell who got a DUI and was never held accountable. It wasn't Russell who shocked the team by not getting on the plane to Minneapolis to freeze his butt off and suffer with the rest of his team.

And on a smaller scale, it wasn't Russ who was never held accountable for dumb turnovers in a game at bad times, like the two bobbles which singlehandedly lost 2012 week 4 in St. Louis, or the fumble that destroyed our early momentum in the 2012-13 Divisional in Atlanta.

That player who was seemingly never held accountable for any of this was Marshawn Lynch. So how come Doug, MB, and the LOB were fine with Marshawn being unaccountable? Yet Russ was somehow too fragile for criticism?

Let me be clear, I loved watching Marshawn on the Hawks. It's just that the claims that Russ was too sensitive to criticism and had to be protected are crap. You either couldn't criticize the introvert Marshawn because he would then then shut you out. Or you couldn't criticize the LOB because they'd go nuts. (Richard versus Mike Salk, Kam versus Seahawk fans during his 2015 holdout which might've cost us two wins to start that season.) Russ then became a convenient whipping boy so that others wouldn't be held accountable when they fell short.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
I think it's a giant assumption that the guys who drafted Malik McDowell and LJ Collier, and overpaid guys like Luke Joeckel and Benson Mayowa, would put together a stacked roster that is competing for the Lombardi Trophy.

the same guys that drafted HOF russell wilson, HOF sherman, earl thomas, bam bam kam, dk, HOF bobby wagner, okung, chris carson etc, traded for HOF beastmode, and signed or re-signed players like angry doug baldwin, brandon mebane, chris clemons, mike bennett, cliff avril, brandon browner? the same guys that architect the future HOF LOB, and a team that won 1 superbowl, inches from a 2nd, a roster ranked #1 out of 32 teams in dvoa 4 consecutive years (2012-2015) with a historically great defense that allowed fewest points for 4 consecutive years (2012-2015)

those guys?

"its a giant assumption that those guys would put together a stacked roster that is competing for the lombardi trophy"

you mean the same guys that completely overhauled a roster void of talent when they first got here? then put together a stacked roster like 2012-2015? and got to 2 straight superbowls? yeah... pretty sure they did that already :unsure:. so how is that a giant assumption? not an easy task building a stacked roster by any means... but they did that already. 2013-2014 might be even the most stacked team ever. the burden of proof is there for all to behold.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I was shocked when I saw Richard Sherman yell "You Suck" at #3 after intercepting a pass in practice and then disdainfully throwing away the ball. Now he is back and is volunteering to teach Tariq Woolen how to beat "Mr. Unlimited". Other veterans are also "flocking" to be in involved with the Seahawks again now that #3 is gone. The fact that #3's ex-teammates don't like him, should really speak volumes when considering his words and actions.

I am still a Pete fan, but feel like his and the managements treatment of the roster was clearly in an effort to make "Mr. Unlimited" happy. The other "Alpha Males" on the team were released or traded, leaving no-one to challenge "DangerPuss".

It seems like this season is a re-set that has been brewing since the Superb0wl loss. It should have been Marshawn...not #3. Pete made the wrong call then...but has made the right one now!

So, "Let's Ride" the Zonkos and leave them broken...Good Riddance to #3...a new day is dawning!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
But so what?

"Saved His Job? LOLOLOL Not according to Jody Allen, as Pete Carroll is still the Seahawks HC & Quitter Wilson is no longer a Seattle Seahawk.
AND you'd "better realize" that without Pete's 'Run Game', 'All World' Defense & LOB, with Wilson Driving the 'All That' ''Let Russ Cook'' short bus for several years now, the Seahawks have not even SNIFFED another Super Bowl Run.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
But here's where anti-Russell Seahawk fans, and Russell's own teammates, are full of it. (Toffee, I apologize if it seems like I'm arguing with you personally-I don't mean it that way.)

Every player that grumbled about Russ being the teacher's pet were full of crap. And it's that dishonesty that played a big role of the post SB49 downgrade of our team. Along with the one play call and the coaching staff's lack of accountability for that call, and their general handling of the team.

In terms of who was really spoiled on the team, I think we have to set Percy aside as an outlier. Until he pulled an Antonio in the 2014 Dallas game, Percy was off the charts in how much he was indulged.

So let's keep it to the main cast of characters. It wasn't Russell who completely got to blow off the media, even though interviews and media access are a required part of the job.

It wasn't Russell who gave his middle finger to the sideline many times when he didn't like the playcalling, or when the coaches wanted to sub him out for a few plays.

It wasn't Russell who got a DUI and was never held accountable. It wasn't Russell who shocked the team by not getting on the plane to Minneapolis to freeze his butt off and suffer with the rest of his team.

And on a smaller scale, it wasn't Russ who was never held accountable for dumb turnovers in a game at bad times, like the two bobbles which singlehandedly lost 2012 week 4 in St. Louis, or the fumble that destroyed our early momentum in the 2012-13 Divisional in Atlanta.

That player who was seemingly never held accountable for any of this was Marshawn Lynch. So how come Doug, MB, and the LOB were fine with Marshawn being unaccountable? Yet Russ was somehow too fragile for criticism?

Let me be clear, I loved watching Marshawn on the Hawks. It's just that the claims that Russ was too sensitive to criticism and had to be protected are crap. You either couldn't criticize the introvert Marshawn because he would then then shut you out. Or you couldn't criticize the LOB because they'd go nuts. (Richard versus Mike Salk, Kam versus Seahawk fans during his 2015 holdout which might've cost us two wins to start that season.) Russ then became a convenient whipping boy so that others wouldn't be held accountable when they fell short.
Yeah, we can NEVER hold Wilson for ANY negative plays by him-> AND HE HAD PLENTY OF THEM<- LOLOLOLOL Seriously???
IF Wilson 'was all that', he would have had an answering come back to rival Brady's 10 unanswered points, "IF HE WAS ALL THAT", Instead, he didn't EXECUTE, but instead, THREW A PICK TO SEAL THE LOSS.
Folks want to BLAME everybody EXCEPT dangeRuss, fact is, He was "The Man" & HAS HIS SHARE OF BLAME for that loss.

toffee

Reaction score
it's like we were watching a toxic relationship

one side is supportive and only chooses only to see the positives in a person, thinks they can't do any better, thinks both sides make each other better, and act like everything is fine...

... meanwhile, the other side disparages you, takes everything they can from you, yet can't accept any criticism, is always looking for something better, only cares about their own goals or legacy, and wants out immediately if things aren't going well or discards you when they're done with you.

it's apparent john schneider tried to intervene at one point by trading wilson, w/ pete basically saying " hang on, not yet, everything is fine"
Total unproven conspiracy here:

Wilson openly said that he wanted 'influence' in personnel stuff, which is John's domain. I like to speculate that before Wilson went public, he has been doing it behind scenes for awhile, basically he was stepping on John for no reason at all except he wanted some of his 'buds' on the team. LOL, no one on the team wanted anything to do with him.

I am quite sure that leopard do not chance spots, Bronco with rookie team owners, who may not be as smart as Jody, yes with 'y', rookie HC, Wilson must felt like Christmas came early.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
I am quite sure that leopard do not chance spots, Bronco with rookie team owners, who may not be as smart as Jody, yes with 'y', rookie HC, Wilson must felt like Christmas came early.
yep, he's got zero accountability now. lol. and the broncos are held hostage by him for 7 years, $296m! and 2 1sts and 2 2nds! and a whole offensive gameplan tailored to him! so he's got all this control now... lets see if leopards change their spots and he becomes respected by teammates and accepts responsibility for failures!

toffee

Reaction score
yep, he's got zero accountability now. lol. and the broncos are held hostage by him for 7 years, $296m! and 2 1sts and 2 2nds! and a whole offensive gameplan tailored to him! so he's got all this control now... lets see if leopards change their spots and he becomes respected by teammates and accepts responsibility for failures!

View attachment 54372
I have been predicting if Bronco do not win superbowl in the next 2 years, they won't win super bowl with Wilson. Russ' acts will be in full effect after a season or two, it takes about that for his new teammates to, well, know him.

That make this season a must win for them, or at least go deep into playoffs.