There is one good thing...

Rainger

Reaction score
...the Hawks don't suck on both sides of the ball.

Come on even all you RW lovers and you negative nellies have to admit that the offense looks good and exciting. They are moving the chains, scoring lots and it is more creative and fun to watch. This offense looks way better than it has in many years with the previous signal caller.

Remember all the posts after RW was traded about how the O would suck, Geno wasn't good enough, rookie linemen and not having RW meant they were going to be the worst O in the NFL. Well the opposite has happened not only do they put up a ton of points they are doing it in a very efficient manner. This is a very good O. "well they have done it against bad D's wait till they meet the Saints" Hmmmm 32 points in their park and a touchdown called back on a non existent hold.

Now as for the defense, well I wont say much because there are 301526 threads about how bad the D is. However I still think it will improve, I think the ref's have given the ball back to the opposition a number of times when the D had forced a stop. But I will admit those BIG chunk plays that are happening have to be fixed, and I think they will.

Anyways the message of this thread is the Hawks only suck on one side of the ball and not both as everyone thought and that is a good thing.

Scout

Reaction score
Defense is going to improve as the season goes on. How much though is hard to tell because there are clear talent deficiencies at certain levels of the defense.

There is no J. Reed, Clowney, or Bennett that can take over the game in the front seven. Lots of supporting or borderline starters that are fine for rotational or situational football. But the team needs clear cut starters in the front seven and at least one impact guy or A+ alpha.

Fade

Reaction score
The defense is getting worse every week. Taysom Hill who is on the brink of being out of the league, would be the MVP of the league if he could play the Hawks every week.

Geno being the next Rich Gannon is an unexpected surprise that the Seahawks must take advantage of by getting a coach in here that knows what he's doing on defense. Pete clearly doesn't at this juncture.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The defense is getting worse every week. Taysom Hill who is on the brink of being out of the league, would be the MVP of the league if he could play the Hawks every week.

Geno being the next Rich Gannon is an unexpected surprise that the Seahawks must take advantage of by getting a coach in here that knows what he's doing on defense. Pete clearly doesn't at this juncture.

First you blamed Pete ad naseum for years on here for wasting Russell's career, and we're seeing now after MANY MANY forum posters here shared your same sentiment that Pete wasn't wasting Russ's career, he was making it.

Now we need a new coach cause of the defense? It's a complete rebuild, no one should have thought this team should be competitive this year.

Geno's been a surprise, and only confirms that Pete and Waldron can run a good offensive scheme with a QB that does what he's suppose to. They're making Geno look like Tom Brady.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Geno really is playing good ball within the context of the game plan. Its when you ask him to be more than what he is that he fails. Unfortunately this team is going to be asking for that a lot.

had2bhawk

Reaction score
My expectations were really low after the trade of RW. All the hype of Denver on their new aquisition, the media and fans in my area.
After the Draft and picking up 2 OT's my thoughts were maybe the FO knows something that all these so called analyst's do not. (crazy, huh? Wait till Denver gm!)
Seattle beats Denver, Now how does this happen? Everybody in the KNOW says Seattle dosn't have anything to win with, right? WOW!
Yesterday's game same negative hype but not as dark. I enjoyed watching the whole thing, probably because the long bomb wasn't 90% of the pass. Noticed Geno was pretty good. The whole offense was different and I liked it. They had some 3 and outs but it wasn't constant. Yeah, improvements on offense have brought back positive thoughts in the Seahawk direction.

audioeffects

Reaction score
Disappointed in our special teams. That may be slightly off-topic, but it factors significantly when evaluating Seahawks game execution.

evergreen

Reaction score
we are running a bargain basement D especially with no Adams. I'll bet our D is the cheapest in the NFL. Next year we'll have three picks in the first two rounds to spend on it plus ,massive $$ for FAs. The other pick in the first two rounds goes to a QB.

Own The West

Reaction score
In Pete’s presser on Tuesday after the Detroit game he said the DL was doing their job, but the LBs were not linking up right, which meant the DBs weren’t linking up right either. And that skewed formations were allowing teams to break contain or exploit leverage because we aren’t where we are supposed to be.

With that in mind, watching the Saints game, Barton and Brooks were dancing all over the place prior to every snap. Sometimes they’d even swap sides. I don’t know what impact that had on the DBs, but if I’m QB about to run a play to the right B gap, I’m going to watch the LBs shuffle back and forth and snap ball when they are the furthest from that spot.

I don’t know why they can’t get set, but it seems like a lightbulb thing. Once they figure it out, everything should fall into place.

Spohawks

Reaction score
1st and most importantly...I think Fade has a crush on Pete :)

2nd) Yeah, this offence is killing it this year. Oddly The number 1 drive killer for the seahawks is Geno completing ultra short passes. Pete\Geno need to push the ball down the field. 10 yard passes would do and that would make a huge difference.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score

Thank you for the laugh. You are certainly persistent, though misguided. I'm really curious about how you'll shift your displeasure when Pete is no longer coaching.

I do hope that is quite a few years from now.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Geno really is playing good ball within the context of the game plan. Its when you ask him to be more than what he is that he fails. Unfortunately this team is going to be asking for that a lot.
Is this a serious post? What exactly does asking Geno to be more than he is mean?

It is really funny how you sit in a box with a pinhole looking out from this limited perspective claiming to see the whole world.

When Geno, Pete, the defense, <insert whoever>, contradicts your view, you simply change position in your box, poke a new pinhole and again claim to see the world.

If you were to simply get out of the box, your view would not be the whole world, but your vision would have much better context from which to make a reasonable statement.

It's okay, get out of the box! 📦 ➡️ 👀

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Couldn’t that be said about every single player who has ever suited up?! Ask anyone to be more than what they are and they will probably fail.

Ozzy

Reaction score
First you blamed Pete ad naseum for years on here for wasting Russell's career, and we're seeing now after MANY MANY forum posters here shared your same sentiment that Pete wasn't wasting Russ's career, he was making it.

Now we need a new coach cause of the defense? It's a complete rebuild, no one should have thought this team should be competitive this year.

Geno's been a surprise, and only confirms that Pete and Waldron can run a good offensive scheme with a QB that does what he's suppose to. They're making Geno look like Tom Brady.
I don't like the complete rebuild argument. Most of the guys have experience and have been here. You can say that about the secondary but you have experience at safety even with Adams out, Barton and Brooks are years in the system and you have some experience on the DLine as well. It's not the new guys playing so poorly its the guys I was told proved Pete has drafted better over the past few years like Brooks, Taylor, Barton etc. They're playing terribly and Pete deserves some criticism for that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't like the complete rebuild argument. Most of the guys have experience and have been here. You can say that about the secondary but you have experience at safety even with Adams out, Barton and Brooks are years in the system and you have some experience on the DLine as well. It's not the new guys playing so poorly its the guys I was told proved Pete has drafted better over the past few years like Brooks, Taylor, Barton etc. They're playing terribly and Pete deserves some criticism for that.

It's football, EVERYONE deserves a percentage of the blame when things aren't going well.

All we're doing is arguing about who deserves a bigger piece of the blame pie.

So I'm not absolving Pete, I'm just pointing out that Fade has an agenda against Pete, and he's had it for years. He's spent the last five years blaming Pete for Russell's decline. Well now it's pretty obvious Pete wasn't the problem with Wilson.

Now Fade's moved on to blaming Pete for the defense.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I don't think he's all wrong blaming Pete. The defense is a mess, we have almost zero playoff success while multiple teams in the division have built, dismantled, rebuilt and had more success each time than we have and he's the final say in roster construction and draft picks. It's hearsay but a scout said that multiple times John and the scouting department had someone picked and Pete said no and it resulted in multiple baffling early round draft picks. It could all be bullshit, but I tend to think its true.

The Russ and the offense stuff....You may be right but I think there are enough variables in play that I can't say for sure Fade(and myself) were wrong to question Pete holding it back. Maybe we were wrong and this early season success is proof of that. I'm not going to say an aging, injured Russ on a new team in a new system struggling is truly proof of that though. But again I may be wrong, there is just so much we can't/won't know to make any definitive declarations.

So are some of us too hard on Pete? Maybe? I just know we have had terrible success in almost every area for years that I don't think so. I still love what Pete did for us and he is an all time great but these past few years have been a struggle for me.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Pete has been exonerated as far as the offense is concerned.

As for the defense, this is either the PC/JS redemption tour, or it isn't. That tour started the day they traded Russ. Since then, Mafe, Bryant and Woolen are looking like they are core pieces for the future.

If the defense doesn't take a major step next year, then the redemption tour is over. But I suspect that it will.