What A Game

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The first time in NFL history a final score was 48-45. Highest NFL score since 2017 I believe. Unfortunately it comes at the expense of two defenses that simply are not very good. If both teams have good to decent defenses the final would have been in the 20's. Goff's stats read like Brady or Rodgers on their best day. Barf.

But enough with the negatives. I fully admit I NEVER expected Geno to look this solid. He is bona fide one of the better QBs in the NFL right now. Wow. He will retain his command of owning the best completion percentage in the NFL after this game. He looks MILES better than Russell Wilson at this point. MILES. It was great to see Penny get going again especially in the second half. I would have loved to see DK get in the endzone but he can't be mad at 149 receiving yards on any day of the week.

This young OL looks very very solid even with the growing pains. Those bookends are going to be studs for us for a long, long, long time.

0 punts for the first time in franchise HISTORY!!! :oops:

I LOVE how the Tight Ends are being featured more and more in this offense. By mid season this could be a Top 10 offense if not Top 5.

I was happy to see the defense rack up a series of three and outs, the tackling was better overall, especially in the first half. Apparently the coaches realized they were not utilizing their personnel to match their strengths and adjustments to the scheme were made from the start. This created much better gap integrity early on but unfortunately they seemed to regress to old habits as the game wore on, especially in the second half.

There's still miles and miles to go on defense but as I feel with the team in general, these young players are earning their stripes, taking their hits and gaining invaluable playing time in the trenches which they will become exponentially better for as the season(s) continue on.

I have no grand illusions here. This was a 48 point victory against the Lions with a suspect defense. Still, they took care of them as they should have regardless if our defense made the game much too close in the end as it should have been. A win is a win is a win is a win, period.

2-2!

I'll take it, along with a lovely Broncos loss today as well. Cheers, enjoy the victory 12s!

toffee

Reaction score
48-45 with a pick 6 from Woolen, and Penny's first down run that seal the win was good play calling and Penny executing. I was dumbfounded when I realized I didn't see our all pro punter the whole time, I was so used to 3 and outs to even accept no punting for a whole game.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The defense did well in spots. It seems like a missed assignment here, a missed tackle there
and before you know it , Goff is putting up Dan Marino numbers. It's weird how that happens.
They're young and inconsistent , missing a few pieces to the puzzle .

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Our defense looked good for a half plus a drive. I do wonder how things look in this game if Tyler doesn't fumble that punt.

We marched down the field, scored a TD, and immediately put the brakes on their offense. If that punt fumble doesn't happen, does the game go the same way of trading blow for blow? Or do we score again and turn this thing from a shootout to a blowout? I do wonder.

That said, from the interception forward, our defense was terrible, but I'll take that first half as a sign of progress.

toffee

Reaction score
Our defense looked good for a half plus a drive. I do wonder how things look in this game if Tyler doesn't fumble that punt.

We marched down the field, scored a TD, and immediately put the brakes on their offense. If that punt fumble doesn't happen, does the game go the same way of trading blow for blow? Or do we score again and turn this thing from a shootout to a blowout? I do wonder.

That said, from the interception forward, our defense was terrible, but I'll take that first half as a sign of progress.
I am making lemonade here: Trading blow for blow does build chemistry and develop confidence, in long run, the team will benefit. Yeah, good for stat lines too.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ultimately I am writing this year off as a fabulous training session for all of our rooks and young players to get invaluable experience. Sprinkle in the fact that Geno is performing WAY beyond mosts expectations, it's no secret the offense will remain the bread and butter of this team throughout the season. We are 2-2. Extrapolate that to a whole season and we are likely looking at a 9-8 finish. Not a bad deal if the team keeps on growing up exponentially.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That was a blast. They held the lead the entire game, a couple pucker moments, but just a good battle back and forth. Certainly not a "defensive battle" :ROFLMAO: