Would you take Richie Incognito on the Seahawks?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
TXHawkFan":31y6valu said:
Light hazing like having rookies carry shoulder pads or bringing doughnuts to meetings is one thing, but what Incognito and the Dolphins did went way beyond that. Forcing rookies to buy jet skis, pick up $30,000 tabs and pay $15,000 for Vegas trips they didn't even go on is extortion, pure and simple. And that voicemail he left for Martin crossed way over any acceptable line.

The Seahawks have built a tough, physical team without resorting to that type of crap (I hope). Incognito has been kicked off almost every team he's ever played for and I don't ever want to see him anywhere near the Hawks locker room.

True, you don't cross financial barriers (ie make someone go broke), but someone on NFL network made an excellent point. Any dollars you see move a decibel over, and that 30,000 tab was split amongst rookies.

I remember from RRR that Winston Guy and others got picked on a lot by older more outspoken players, if Incognito was black or didn't use the N word (even with gga) this wouldn't be a story.

Donn2390

Reaction score
Every person's personality is different and needs to be dealt with on an individual basis. A good coach would have known the proper way to motivate Martin. Philbin decided to sic crazy man on him rather than deal with the situation properly. He will pay the price. I still suspect we will see Miami with a new coach very, very soon.... Perhaps several new coaches..
Martin was a starter for a reason, he is good. Put him in a Hawk uniform and PC would have him in the Pro Bowl. Miama coach may know football, but he doesn't know people...

253hawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":35esehru said:
I remember from RRR that Winston Guy and others got picked on a lot by older more outspoken players, if Incognito was black or didn't use the N word (even with gga) this wouldn't be a story.

Yeah, death threats are totally cool and should be taken with a grain of salt. :roll:

Especially when gun-trafficking Pouncey is his BFF; who also was tight with Aaron Hernandez.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
253hawk":2wk2riyz said:
Yeah, death threats are totally cool and should be taken with a grain of salt. :roll:

All the cool, smart, tough guys are doing it...so it's alright.

Just ask some parents that had kids that went to Columbine in 1999.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":28sfc9gd said:
TXHawkFan":28sfc9gd said:
Light hazing like having rookies carry shoulder pads or bringing doughnuts to meetings is one thing, but what Incognito and the Dolphins did went way beyond that. Forcing rookies to buy jet skis, pick up $30,000 tabs and pay $15,000 for Vegas trips they didn't even go on is extortion, pure and simple. And that voicemail he left for Martin crossed way over any acceptable line.

The Seahawks have built a tough, physical team without resorting to that type of crap (I hope). Incognito has been kicked off almost every team he's ever played for and I don't ever want to see him anywhere near the Hawks locker room.

True, you don't cross financial barriers (ie make someone go broke), but someone on NFL network made an excellent point. Any dollars you see move a decibel over, and that 30,000 tab was split amongst rookies.

No one made Winston Guy donate $15,000 to a Vegas trip that he didn't go on. I've never seen anything on RRR that rose above playful ribbing, i.e. the type of stuff that happens in every workplace and all social circles. To compare that to the Incognito situation is outrageous.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... t-friends/
ESPN":n40bgztr said:
Tannehill acknowledged that Incognito likes to give teammates a hard time in the locker room, but Tannehill says he loved playing with Incognito.

“He was the best teammate I could ask for,” Tannehill said of Incognito.

Again I really hope the Dolphins release him, would be a big upgrade for Hawks line, I would be afraid of an NFC team getting him.

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1m1xdv4v said:
TXHawkFan":1m1xdv4v said:

Rookies don't make all that much under the new CBA, especially if you're not a high pick. It used to be that a QB or RB might take his OL out to dinner at the end of the season and give them watches or something in order to show their appreciation for the job they did. Now the likes of Incognito are demanding jet skis from their rookie QB before the season even starts. The inference is pretty clear...if you want me to watch your back you better pay me up front.

Sounds like extortion to me.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Largent80":2vto0ndz said:
brimsalabim":2vto0ndz said:
That's why the dolphin coaches put Incognito on Martin! They even tried moving the kid from left to right to help him. From a football standpoint Martin was the problem they were trying to fix. He had the tools just not the drive.

Why don't you become the Charter member of his fan club, I think there is one other person here you could get.

Stop bullying me!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
would I want him???no...but his fish teamates sure want him there it sounds like...what does that say about the situation?

253hawk

Reaction score
I think it says they're trying to cover their own butts because they're just as liable as the training staff at this point.

Quote from Martin's lawyer:

Jonathan Martin’s toughness is not at issue. Jonathan has started every game with the Miami Dolphins since he was drafted in 2012. At Stanford, he was the anchor for Jim Harbaugh’s “smash mouth” brand of football and he protected Andrew Luck’s blind side.

The issue is Jonathan’s treatment by his teammates. Jonathan endured harassment that went far beyond the traditional locker room hazing. For the entire season-and-a-half that he was with the Dolphins, he attempted to befriend the same teammates who subjected him to the abuse with the hope that doing so would end the harassment. This is a textbook reaction of victims of bullying. Despite these efforts, the taunting continued. Beyond the well-publicized voice mail with its racial epithet, Jonathan endured a malicious physical attack on him by a teammate, and daily vulgar comments such as the quote at the bottom. These facts are not in dispute.

Eventually, Jonathan made a difficult choice. Despite his love for football, Jonathan left the Dolphins. Jonathan looks forward to getting back to playing football. In the meantime, he will cooperate fully with the NFL investigation.

Quote from teammate (unattributed at this point:) “We are going to run train on your sister. . . . She loves me. I am going to f--k her without a condom and c-- in her c---.”

And also:

Local 10 in Miami got its hands a police report that was filed in May of last year, in which Richie Incognito is accused of physically harassing a woman who was volunteering at an annual golf tournament hosted by the Miami Dolphins.

The details:

The then 34-year-old volunteer told police that Incognito had been drinking, and when he was at the hole where she was working, he rubbed her privates with a golf club and knocked a pair of sunglasses off her head with it, according to the report.

"After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying 'Let it rain! Let it rain!'" the report states. "He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face."
What a swell guy that Richie Incognito is.

The volunteer claims that her supervisor reported the incident to Miami Dolphins security, and that she later decided to file a police report because she felt like nothing had been done about the situation.

Based on Local 10's story, it does not appear that any charges were filed. It also contains this sentence, free of context:

The volunteer said she can't talk about the incident because she signed a confidentially agreement.
That could mean a lot of things. It could mean that the woman had to sign a confidentiality agreement in which she promised not to talk about anything she saw at the tournament before being allowed to volunteer, and it could also mean that the Dolphins made her sign one after working out some kind of deal to keep the incident under wraps.

Yes, please, let's get this great guy on our team! :roll:

HawksSoc

Reaction score
253hawk":3ay17q1f said:
I think it says they're trying to cover their own butts because they're just as liable as the training staff at this point.

Quote from Martin's lawyer:

Jonathan Martin’s toughness is not at issue. Jonathan has started every game with the Miami Dolphins since he was drafted in 2012. At Stanford, he was the anchor for Jim Harbaugh’s “smash mouth” brand of football and he protected Andrew Luck’s blind side.

The issue is Jonathan’s treatment by his teammates. Jonathan endured harassment that went far beyond the traditional locker room hazing. For the entire season-and-a-half that he was with the Dolphins, he attempted to befriend the same teammates who subjected him to the abuse with the hope that doing so would end the harassment. This is a textbook reaction of victims of bullying. Despite these efforts, the taunting continued. Beyond the well-publicized voice mail with its racial epithet, Jonathan endured a malicious physical attack on him by a teammate, and daily vulgar comments such as the quote at the bottom. These facts are not in dispute.

Eventually, Jonathan made a difficult choice. Despite his love for football, Jonathan left the Dolphins. Jonathan looks forward to getting back to playing football. In the meantime, he will cooperate fully with the NFL investigation.

Quote from teammate (unattributed at this point:) “We are going to run train on your sister. . . . She loves me. I am going to f--k her without a condom and c-- in her c---.”

And also:

Local 10 in Miami got its hands a police report that was filed in May of last year, in which Richie Incognito is accused of physically harassing a woman who was volunteering at an annual golf tournament hosted by the Miami Dolphins.

The details:

The then 34-year-old volunteer told police that Incognito had been drinking, and when he was at the hole where she was working, he rubbed her privates with a golf club and knocked a pair of sunglasses off her head with it, according to the report.

"After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying 'Let it rain! Let it rain!'" the report states. "He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face."

The volunteer claims that her supervisor reported the incident to Miami Dolphins security, and that she later decided to file a police report because she felt like nothing had been done about the situation.

Based on Local 10's story, it does not appear that any charges were filed. It also contains this sentence, free of context:

The volunteer said she can't talk about the incident because she signed a confidentially agreement.
That could mean a lot of things. It could mean that the woman had to sign a confidentiality agreement in which she promised not to talk about anything she saw at the tournament before being allowed to volunteer, and it could also mean that the Dolphins made her sign one after working out some kind of deal to keep the incident under wraps.

Yes, please, let's get this great guy on our team! :roll:

This made me feel physically sick. A guy could be Walter Jones' and Hutch's love child for all I care, if he acted in this animalistic way I'd want him as far from the Link as possible. Disgusting. Excuses can be made and he can be defended for his crap with Martin but the treatment of that woman is abhorrent.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
253hawk":c7sh4m7l said:

The details:

And the womans name? Jonathan Martin.

Spounge84

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":j7jtt8v4 said:
253hawk":j7jtt8v4 said:

The details:

Wow, that's seriously messed up, dude. Glad this is all just some joke to you.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2vowuobg said:
253hawk":2vowuobg said:

The details:

Words don't cover this asinine post.

253hawk

Reaction score
At first, all he asked for was the source since I forgot to add the news link. Then he edited in that part after I put the link up.

irocdave

Reaction score
Incognito is a guy I have met several times in my life. He was white when I was in grade school in Kirkland, he was Korean / Samoan while playing HS football in CA and black several times after HS to me. I know this type of person, race doesn't matter but I have met way more black people than other races with this type of personality in my 43 years on this planet. Incognito isn't a racist, as some articles have portrayed him as, but he is more black than the guy he was directed to toughen up. I get this, don't agree with it, but have lived it and seen it first hand.

With that said, RI is a piss poor excuse for a human being just like the others that cant make a moral stand. This is not the guy I want to see on the Hawks. He will end up in the same station in life as the other people that are like him. Dead or in prison.

Latest posts