Would you take Richie Incognito on the Seahawks?

Mojambo

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1d0njagh said:
253hawk":1d0njagh said:
Local 10 in Miami got its hands a police report that was filed in May of last year, in which Richie Incognito is accused of physically harassing a woman who was volunteering at an annual golf tournament hosted by the Miami Dolphins.

The details:

The then 34-year-old volunteer told police that Incognito had been drinking, and when he was at the hole where she was working, he rubbed her privates with a golf club and knocked a pair of sunglasses off her head with it, according to the report.

"After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying 'Let it rain! Let it rain!'" the report states. "He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face."
What a swell guy that Richie Incognito is.

The volunteer claims that her supervisor reported the incident to Miami Dolphins security, and that she later decided to file a police report because she felt like nothing had been done about the situation.

Based on Local 10's story, it does not appear that any charges were filed. It also contains this sentence, free of context:

The volunteer said she can't talk about the incident because she signed a confidentially agreement.
That could mean a lot of things. It could mean that the woman had to sign a confidentiality agreement in which she promised not to talk about anything she saw at the tournament before being allowed to volunteer, and it could also mean that the Dolphins made her sign one after working out some kind of deal to keep the incident under wraps.

And the womans name? Jonathan Martin.

You're despicable. Seriously.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I get it. While we could sure use RI the football player we don't need RI the person and you can't have one with out the other so.... no.

Basis4day

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3kdahnbr said:
253hawk":3kdahnbr said:
Local 10 in Miami got its hands a police report that was filed in May of last year, in which Richie Incognito is accused of physically harassing a woman who was volunteering at an annual golf tournament hosted by the Miami Dolphins.

The details:

The then 34-year-old volunteer told police that Incognito had been drinking, and when he was at the hole where she was working, he rubbed her privates with a golf club and knocked a pair of sunglasses off her head with it, according to the report.

"After that, he proceeded to lean up against her buttocks with his private parts as if dancing, saying 'Let it rain! Let it rain!'" the report states. "He finally finished his inappropriate behavior by emptying bottled water in her face."
What a swell guy that Richie Incognito is.

The volunteer claims that her supervisor reported the incident to Miami Dolphins security, and that she later decided to file a police report because she felt like nothing had been done about the situation.

Based on Local 10's story, it does not appear that any charges were filed. It also contains this sentence, free of context:

The volunteer said she can't talk about the incident because she signed a confidentially agreement.
That could mean a lot of things. It could mean that the woman had to sign a confidentiality agreement in which she promised not to talk about anything she saw at the tournament before being allowed to volunteer, and it could also mean that the Dolphins made her sign one after working out some kind of deal to keep the incident under wraps.

And the womans name? Jonathan Martin.

Congratulations. You're the guy who jokes about sexually assaulting women. Root for another team.

Seeker

Reaction score
Funny thing is, for all is tough guy antics, Richie has been god awful protecting tannehill.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Seeker":1fnzf8sb said:
Funny thing is, for all is tough guy antics, Richie has been god awful protecting tannehill.

which is why Jonathan Martin was moved from LT for Mt. Bryant McKinnie and they left Incognito as their LG, also it's probably why RI has graded out as a top 13 offensive guard.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2pahmue7 said:
Seeker":2pahmue7 said:

which is why Jonathan Martin was moved from LT for Mt. Bryant McKinnie and they left Incognito as their LG, also it's probably why RI has graded out as a top 13 offensive guard.
You mean last year, when he was playing next to Jake Long?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1d9t20ye said:
Again I really hope the Dolphins release him, would be a big upgrade for Hawks line, I would be afraid of an NFC team getting him.
Really? The Rams had him during their record-breaking suck. Not worried about another NFC team getting him. Not worried the least little bit.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Scottemojo":14dx1mvm said:
TheRealDTM":14dx1mvm said:
Seeker":14dx1mvm said:

You mean last year, when he was playing next to Jake Long?

Pro Football Focus":14dx1mvm said:
Guards: Richie Incognito, MIA (+6.3) and Kraig Urbik, BUF (+3.8)

Despite whatever is written about Incognito with his off the field behavior, he has played pretty well on the field. We’ll leave it at that with Logan Mankins letting himself down in pass protection to such a level I can’t choose him. Urbik is the right guard and owes a debt of gratitude to the ability of Willie Colon to keep drawing flags.

Pro Football Focus":14dx1mvm said:
Stud: The ultra-aggressive Richie Incognito (+7.0) has been especially impressive with his pass protection work.

Dud: The team would have hop

2013 stats.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
That is why I asked the question,DTM, I didn't know. Thanks for the stats. I know Miami has been handing out sacks at an even faster rate than the Hawks, so I asked.

253hawk

Reaction score
Watch the third play of the game against the Bengals. Incogdouch-o had absolutely no one to block and let Geno Atkins come right up the gut untouched and sack Tannehill.

Seeker

Reaction score
253hawk":7ekxhatz said:
Watch the third play of the game against the Bengals. Incogdouch-o had absolutely no one to block and let Geno Atkins come right up the gut untouched and sack Tannehill.

Bingo, those that are so hyped up on Richie don't realize he was playing with long at tackle last year.
that dude is a has been living off of his persona, now if martin (who at this point would be a serviceable backup at the least under pete) where to come calling...

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Seeker":3mca74db said:
253hawk":3mca74db said:

Bingo, those that are so hyped up on Richie don't realize he was playing with long at tackle last year.
that dude is a has been living off of his persona, now if martin (who at this point would be a serviceable backup at the least under pete) where to come calling...

Negative, he has not. He's played very well this year with a terrible LT next to him (Martin). Every lineman on the seahawks has wiffed as bad as that atleast once. It happens.

kearly

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":uilwnpbj said:
"Incognito flies to LA Only To Run Into This Guy"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=19f_1383954902

Sucks being famous sometimes.

As much as I think Incognito is very likely getting what he deserves, I still felt a little sorry for him watching that. I think about 1 minute in, the reporter knows he isn't getting anything, and you wonder if he's trying to "become" the news from then on by inciting a guy with a somewhat violent reputation.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Throwdown":13hsafsh said:
DTM pulling off the worst troll move I've ever witnessed, give it up.

I'm only trolling in the sense that I think the hate towards Incognito is insane. Have any of you people played football?

Not even joking watching that video, the ****ing media is bullying Incognito.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Many people haven't played football... it doesn't take anything away from their opinion and and trying to setup a scenario where only people who have played is a weak argument.

The people that are defending Incognito, posters, players, coaches, former players etc all have one thing in common; "football is sacred and stuff that takes away from the team should be confined to the locker room or wait until the offseason."

Because everyone has such a "win now" mentality, people involved in football, fans, coaches, players, owners, league reps, sponsors, etc... everyone of them is willing to sacrifice something to win. The reason why this story is highlighted so much is due to the fact they are both starters, both were high draft picks, both are playing on a team that's in playoff contention and both players are polar opposites of each other.

The irony in stating that Incognito is being bullied by anyone at this point is laughable. The ironic counter argument would be that Incognito should either punch the media to show he won't be bullied or suck it up like man.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
But in an unscientific survey conducted by team reporters for ESPN.com's NFL Nation over two days this week, Incognito does not have the same level of support from some of his peers. Three players participated from each team surveyed, with 72 players in all asked three questions. The players taking part were granted anonymity.

To the question of which player, Martin or Incognito, would they rather have as a teammate, 15 of the players who responded (20.8 percent) said they would rather have Incognito as a teammate, while 34 (47.2 percent) said they would rather have Martin as a teammate.

However, 23 of those who responded, or 31.9 percent, said they would want neither as a teammate. In all, the results showed that 57 of those who answered (79.2 percent) would not want Incognito as a teammate.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/99458 ... -incognito