With the injury to Rawls, who would you like

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Trying to replace Rawls or Beast, I'm thinking maybe a mack truck? Bulldozer?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Sonic appearance, about time.

I'm guessing brown although Michael is the one guy talented enough and the board would go nuts which would be entertaining.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hawks85":2ne6t9dk said:
Hasselbeck":2ne6t9dk said:
2Cool4School":2ne6t9dk said:
Ray Rice was pretty good. But we all know nobody wants to sign him because of the elevator incident.

Ray Rice hasn't had a good year since 2011. The elevator incident would be a non issue for teams if he were still a good player. Dude is washed up. That's why he's a FA.
he was on that horrible offensive line and battling a hamstring give the dude some credit. rice would flourish in this offense. the reason why teams wont sign is not becuase he is washed up its becuase of the PR side of things. its been like what 2-3 years. i would consider this in a heart beat.

Again.. if he were still good.. someone would have signed him. Owners don't care about PR if the player is talented. Why do you think Greg Hardy and Adrian Peterson still have jobs?

He's not a good player anymore and has been out of football for 2 years. Signing him this late in the year would be pointless.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't really care who as long as it isn't Harris. I'd rather see Coleman start at RB over Harris.

Omahawk

Reaction score
Someone mentioned Leonard Weaver. I almost cried. Darn you! What next, a Jean-Philippe Darche reference? Please don't.
Ray Rice is out of shape. He's retired. Please stop with that narrative.
Lynch is our man. He'll be back when we need him. We won't need him next week.
I'm not worried about teams planning for a passing game. We have one of the best runners in the league in our QB.
Yes, our offensive line is a bunch of misfits but they're starting to gel once again. Tom Cable is amazing.
We don't need to sign anyone, do we?
We all we got; we all we need.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Michel is a bust...he had his chance..Ball i guess...shoulda been signed by now tho if he were any good...

Rat

Reaction score
The Cowboys have at least three players getting carries ahead of Rod Smith (McFadden, Turbin, Whitehead). I wonder if they could waive Smith to make room to fix an injury situation of their own.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Give CMike another shot. He might be focused, hungry, and coachable this time, having been cut elsewhere.
CMike even sort of knows the offense. He was actually pass-blocking in his limited action this season.

Hey, even Timmy Smith had one great run. Maybe CMike could be our Timmy Smith for this year?
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... immy-Smith

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1t89wp8t said:
Give Christine Michael an audition against the Browns. He knows the playbook.

I doubt it. He couldn't learn it in the years he was here, you don't think he forgot it the instant he left?

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
What do we have 215,000 in Cap left how does it work if we have to sign someone?

Honestly liking the Stephen Jackson Idea

Willyeye

Reaction score
Rat":23ytropl said:
The Cowboys have at least three players getting carries ahead of Rod Smith (McFadden, Turbin, Whitehead). I wonder if they could waive Smith to make room to fix an injury situation of their own.

I thought Rod Smith was better than Thomas Rawls in the preseason. The Hawks had him on their Practice Squad, and I was really upset when the Cowboys stole him from us. He's more of a complete RB given his receiving and blocking skills. I'd even be willing to give up a draft pick to get him back. He'd be perfect for us right now.

DHawk

Reaction score
Aros":3x9mve92 said:
Leonard Weaver. Still miss that guy.

PIC11831248.jpg

Man, I loved Leonard Weaver while he was in Seattle. That injury in Philly was no joke, sad how short his career was.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
replicant":2af2sjbe said:
JustinCredible":2af2sjbe said:
How about that Rugby dude that was on the Niners?
I think he has fumbleitis

Didn't field a couple of punts cleanly, but no, fumbleitis isn't a problem that he's shown.

The problem with him is pretty straightforward: he's 27 and never played football before.

The upsides for him are basically what you'd expect: he has soft hands as a receiver out of the backfield, he take good angles, has nice agility, and uses his arms and hands well to keep tacklers off him.

The downsides for him are also basically what you'd expect: he's not used to having blockers in front of him so he struggles with patience and setting things up behind his blockers, he needs holes to be open to head to them and doesn't have the experience to see holes before they open, and he's awful in pass protection.

Basically, he's a gimmick with upside. If he had come to the U.S. at 22 or 23 rather than at 27 I think he'd have a lot of potential.

chris98251

Reaction score
Popeyejones":19ns9ie2 said:
replicant":19ns9ie2 said:
JustinCredible":19ns9ie2 said:
How about that Rugby dude that was on the Niners?
I think he has fumbleitis

Didn't field a couple of punts cleanly, but no, fumbleitis isn't a problem that he's shown.

The problem with him is pretty straightforward: he's 27 and never played football before.

The upsides for him are basically what you'd expect: he has soft hands as a receiver out of the backfield, he take good angles, has nice agility, and uses his arms and hands well to keep tacklers off him.

The downsides for him are also basically what you'd expect: he's not used to having blockers in front of him so he struggles with patience and setting things up behind his blockers, he needs holes to be open to head to them and doesn't have the experience to see holes before they open, and he's awful in pass protection.

Basically, he's a gimmick with upside. If he had come to the U.S. at 22 or 23 rather than at 27 I think he'd have a lot of potential.

Then he would be a perfect fit here, he needs to hit a hole, we don't have blockers in front, why our backs lead in yards after contact :) most of our downfield blockers come from WR's.

Latest posts