Winning the Super Bowl as a Wild Card

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":213wqdvm said:
The way the NFC looks right now, the Wild Card teams are going to be pretty damn good. I could easily see a Wild Card winning the whole thing. What happened in the past has nothing to do with this year.
Kinda looks like at least one of the Wild Cards will have a better record than the lowest ranking div winner. I could see it.

Remember Beast Quake happened because we won the Div at 7-9 and NO had to come here.

chris98251

Reaction score
You can be a better team in the Wild Card slot but playing a rested team in their house with more time to prepare is why Wild Card teams have it so rough. There is a knife edge difference between a lot of the NFC teams this year as far as win loss I think, the match up against who is going to be most important and attrition due to health.

The AFC well that's a bit different, if Baltimore stays healthy who would want to go to their house right now?

Patriots are well the Patriots.

We will see if the Chiefs can right the ship, but a gimpy Mahomes and Reid's playoff history is against them. Oakland is getting hotter and could over take them for division lead.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":3gr4ulez said:
You can be a better team in the Wild Card slot but playing a rested team in their house with more time to prepare is why Wild Card teams have it so rough. There is a knife edge difference between a lot of the NFC teams this year as far as win loss I think, the match up against who is going to be most important and attrition due to health.

The AFC well that's a bit different, if Baltimore stays healthy who would want to go to their house right now?

Patriots are well the Patriots.

The bye week is one factor, and it is iimportant. However, a team with a late bye and some momentum just might be able to overcome that, especially a team that has had record success in road games that season. :mrgreen:

Not really wanting this to happen, but wouldn't it be awesome to go 11-0 on the road to the Superb Owl? :snack:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I mean, obviously home field is MASSIVE to this team. But, that doesn't mean they can't win it all. I don't expect them to make the Super Bowl this year, but they COULD :irishdrinkers: