Wilson Saids Newton Is MVP

carolinablue

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3en4bco9 said:
carolinablue":3en4bco9 said:
Sports Hernia":3en4bco9 said:
carolinablue":3en4bco9 said:
Cam has got to be the most successful troll in all the universe. He'd make a GREAT professional wrestler.

Part of any sport is mental. You've heard it said that this player has "mental" toughness or that player doesn't. Part of being mentally tough is not letting your emotions get the best of you. Play with controlled aggression. You see this in almost every sport. Fear and anger are probably two of the most hardest emotions to control. Some would say that the Minnesota kicker missed that FG because he was afraid of it getting blocked (Sherman was an inch away from blocking the last one). Anger caused the Cinncinatti Bengals to implode on that last drive and lose the game. Whatever Burfict and Pacman may be, they're not mentally tough.

Be careful when playing the Panthers because Cam will troll you hard and maybe even make you write letters to the editor fearing for the future of your children.
You are giving faux superman waaaaayyyy too much credit. He isn't that bright.
Or is he?
No, he's not, go watch him pout with a towel over his head when things are not going his way.
too bad for your weak argument that doesn't apply here.
What exactly constitutes pouting? I occasionally play basketball and if want to cool off sometimes I'll put a wet towel over my head. Am I pouting too? You guys like reaching for everything.

Cary Kollins

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3e5yased said:
carolinablue":3e5yased said:
No, he's not, go watch him pout with a towel over his head when things are not going his way.
Nice racial strawman you built there, too bad for your weak argument that doesn't apply here.

2012 called, it wants it's "towel over head' narrative back.

Cam-Newton-ESPN1.jpg

Boycie

Reaction score
carolinablue":seq077jy said:
Sports Hernia":seq077jy said:
carolinablue":seq077jy said:
Cam has got to be the most successful troll in all the universe. He'd make a GREAT professional wrestler.

Part of any sport is mental. You've heard it said that this player has "mental" toughness or that player doesn't. Part of being mentally tough is not letting your emotions get the best of you. Play with controlled aggression. You see this in almost every sport. Fear and anger are probably two of the most hardest emotions to control. Some would say that the Minnesota kicker missed that FG because he was afraid of it getting blocked (Sherman was an inch away from blocking the last one). Anger caused the Cinncinatti Bengals to implode on that last drive and lose the game. Whatever Burfict and Pacman may be, they're not mentally tough.

Be careful when playing the Panthers because Cam will troll you hard and maybe even make you write letters to the editor fearing for the future of your children.

This has nothing to do with Cam being black. It's about him being a pouty little "it's all about me" guy.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Cam cares about individual recognition. Russ just cares about winning and Super Bowl rings.

carolinablue

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2zpedfa8 said:
carolinablue":2zpedfa8 said:
Sports Hernia":2zpedfa8 said:
carolinablue":2zpedfa8 said:

[/b]

It's about him being a pouty little "it's all about me" guy.
Because all the evidence I've seen of Cam tells me he's a "bright" quarterback. Everyone that has ever worked with him, whether it be previous coaches or players all say Cam is extremely intelligent.

And how is he all about himself? Because he celebrates? LOL. He gives every ball away that he scores a touchdown with, and ALWAYS to a little kid. If he's 'all about himself', why not keep those balls and build a shrine to himself? Why does he always deflect attention away from himself when asked about the MVP by the media? Why does he credit the team whenever they win? Show me ONE instance where he's ever taken credit for a win and I'll gladly concede the point. But you can't, because it's not there. You make this stuff up to satisfy whatever grudge you have against him whether that be racially motivated or otherwise.

And I am making definitive statements based on supposition to people I do not know in hopes of proving a point that I cannot.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Let's move on from the unfortunate inclusion of race brought into this thread. It had no place, it is a weak and tepid discussion point and it has been edited.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
I didn't read the suggestion of the mod and am continuing down a line of discussion that has been warned against.

One may say that I have stepped into the... wait for it....

1416530385 18fz1zxxbtovqjpg

Scottemojo

Reaction score
OkieHawk":h5757gc7 said:
This is how it's supposed to be done...

4htRO6H.gif
Wasn't that right after a nut grab?

I think all of us can tell the difference between look at me and hell yeah, I am excited.

DJ Swearinger makes a tackle after an 8 yard gain and gets up crowing. Stupid.
Patterson is down by 4 scores and acts like he parted the red sea when he gets into the endzone. Stupid.

I really am not a fan of the first down histrionics we constantly see, from Cam or anyone on our team too. For one reason. There is a limited amount of time to get the next play off. Anything that slows the next play, anything, is kind of dumb.

Polaris

Reaction score
Cary Kollins":4gk43tl6 said:
I have a hard time taking prompts to keep things moving forward.

super-bowl-48-xlviii.jpg

That's because our QB is white.

Oh wait.......he's not.

Really, let's not make this about race. I wouldn't care for Cam's antics if he was green.

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
Sorry to the mod, you posted that warning at the exact same time I made my post so I never saw it.

Regarding the topic at hand, I'm glad Newton is going to win MVP. Up until this year, I had been defending him to people who said he "sucked" and I pointed to his continued improvement every year. But beyond that, regular season awards are meaningless.

In 20 years people will remember who won the superbowl. And Newton and the Panther's 15-1 record is not going to help them to win this game. It's all about the individual matchups going into Sunday. Both teams are different than they were 3 months ago. If the Panthers want to win they're going to have to play their A game. Seahawks will show up.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cam is an excellent MVP candidate and I don't care about his theatrics.

Its entertainment. Its supposed to be fun. Cam keeps it fun. The Panthers are having fun. The Seahawks are having fun as well. I grew up with Drew Pearson and the Cowboys, the Fun Bunch and a time when team celebrations were not only allowed, but were normal. I'm also mature enough to not let the other team's celebrating get me more angry than the actual reason they are celebrating.

Archer hit it on the head. Trophies are what we ultimately judge success by. I think one of these two teams wins the Super Bowl, and that is what we will remember 20 years from now.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
@Scott, it may have been but I don't know for sure. I was merely trying to point out that Lynch's td "celebration" is perfect.

Although, you know I don't mind a good nut grab either. :twisted:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":21jd5l3m said:
The fans say......23xlsJV

I didn't know this is how we decide who the MVP of the regular season is............in that case Joe Montana's my MVP.

Cam Newton is the MVP, and he should be, he had a terrific year stats wise and Win/Loss wise. That's that. Doesn't mean he's a better QB than Russell, doesn't mean he's going to win Sunday, or win a SB.