Wild Card Chances......

Bandwagon76

Reaction score
sutz":3bxsc321 said:
Well, that bumps our chances a bit, anyway. Can only play one game at a time.

Tough trip to Carolina coming. At least we get the extra days rest.

Keep your fingers crossed. It’s always possible that Green Bay wins out and the Hawks win out with the exception of a tie. That way we would win the tie breaker! :2thumbs:

Wartooth

Reaction score
Redskins lost Alex Smith (broken leg) for the rest of the season... I'd be surprised if they continue to win games without him.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Wartooth":2hnqn362 said:
Redskins lost Alex Smith (broken leg) for the rest of the season... I'd be surprised if they continue to win games without him.

Sucks for Alex and the Skins. Doesn’t change things much for the Seahawks.

Fade

Reaction score
Cowboys over the Redskins would be a god send if that is who the Hawks would face in the Wild Card Round.

Avoiding that field is all I care about, regardless of the opponent. I would rather play in New Orleans if it were possible than have the team play on that spray painted. rock, dirt, joke, they call a field.

The 5 seed may have just become more valuable to me. If the DAL is the #4. I would rather play there than @ CHI or @ MIN.

Where as before I was rooting for the #6, and play the #3 NFCN team. To avoid WAS all together.

nutluck

Reaction score
If the hawks win 4 of the next 6 which I think is very possible and one of those wins are against the vikings. Then I think there is a very good chance the Seahawks it in as a wild card, if they win 5 or 6 of the next 6 games and I think they are in. I just see the wild card teams in the NFC being 9-7 is all it will take. Having the head to head over the Packers, Cowboys, and then Vikings will go a long way to securing a wild card.

BigMeach

Reaction score
nutluck":3su9ukc4 said:
If the hawks win 4 of the next 6 which I think is very possible and one of those wins are against the vikings. Then I think there is a very good chance the Seahawks it in as a wild card, if they win 5 or 6 of the next 6 games and I think they are in. I just see the wild card teams in the NFC being 9-7 is all it will take. Having the head to head over the Packers, Cowboys, and then Vikings will go a long way to securing a wild card.

I'm not too worried about the Vikings. They could easily go 7-8-1 or 8-7-1. this year. I think we need to beat them just for the win in general of course. But I think win or lose we'll end up with a better record than them.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
nutluck":3snsyubb said:

We won't need head to head over Packers or Vikings since they have ties in their record.

The crucial game is Carolina. Need a head to head over them. Beat them and the matches against Arizona and SF, and we likely get a 6 seed. Beat them and Vikings and we'll likely get a 5th seed.

But one game at a time.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
It was a perfect week of football. Seahawks win, followed by a relaxing Sunday of watching every team lose that we wanted to lose to improve our odds.

BigMeach

Reaction score
hawknation2018":112z0m8c said:
It was a perfect week of football. Seahawks win, followed by a relaxing Sunday of watching every team lose that we wanted to lose to improve our odds.

Amen

slateman77

Reaction score
What is the best senario's for the Hawks today..??
#1-Bears over Lions...Want Bears to win the division and pretty much end Detroits W/C chances.
#2-Skins over girls..Hopefully McCoy can keep the skins in the game as we have the tie breaker over Dallas and would put the Skins 2 games up on the girls.
#3-Saints over Falcons...Goodbye Mr. Quinn..Pretty much end Falcons W/C chances also.
Thoughts..??

Polaris

Reaction score
Well the Bears beat the Lions as I write this. Great result for Seattle since is keeps a competitor (Detroit) down and pretty much puts Chicago in control over the NFCN (and we know Seattle will not win the NFCW this year).

I agree that Washington over Dallas would be idea, but I am honestly not worried or much interested in this game. There is going to be one, count them ONE, entrant in the playoffs from the NFCE this year. That said it would be better to have a team win this title that does not intersect with the Seahawks and push a potential competitor that he have an edge on (Dallas) back.

As for the Night game, I don't see the Saints losing this one and that's good for us. It puts another competitor (Atlanta) out of reach.

However IMHO Seattle very nearly controls it's own destiny when it comes to a WC playoff berth. If we beat Carolina and the Vikings both (and IMHO this is quite doable), then I don't see two other NFC teams that can edge us for one of the two WC spots.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
We can't lose either way with Falcons and Saints. If the Saints lose, then they are more motivated to keep winning to get that #1 seed which is want we want because they play the Panthers for 2 of their last 3 regular season games. It would suck if they clinch a #1 seed and rest Brees and other starters during their last game against the Panthers, and the Hawks need the Panthers to lose to clinch a wild card.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hawks win 5-6 including Panthers and Vikes, they’re in. Likely in the 5th seed.

I believe the team will get it done. I’d love to see 11-5 for the year show the league how a real team finishes.

I’d be overjoyed to see the team go back to LA and even the score after that last game, but whoever they play i’d certainly not bet against them playing a very competitive game.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
I am fine with the Cowboys winning, Washington isnt winning three more games with McCoy playing QB. Should the Cowboys win the east do you have any doubt we could get a road playoff win there. Might even be favored

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bburkeESPN/status/1065315046723645443[/tweet]

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Wow, next to Dallas, there's no team for whom this next game is more important to playoff hopes.

But on what, I wonder, is this % rating based?

rcaido

Reaction score
I was playing with the playoff machine...As long as we win one game out of either Panthers, Vikings, or Chiefs we can still win tiebreakers 9-7 against all teams except for Redskins & Bears. Bears will probably win their division so no need to worry about them. Redskins are not looking too good at the moment either.

So we either root for the Packers or Vikings not to make the playoffs and we are in.

Packers magic # 2 losses (Vikings, Falcons, & Bears)
Vikings magic # 3 losses (Packers, Patriots, Bears, Packers
Panthers magic # 3 losses (Seahawks, Falcons, Saints, Saints)

If we handle our business & win all our games & go 11-5, mathematically we get in no matter what.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
rcaido":2x4k1l04 said:
I was playing with the playoff machine...As long as we win one game out of either Panthers, Vikings, or Chiefs we can still win tiebreakers 9-7 against all teams except for Redskins & Bears. Bears will probably win their division so no need to worry about them. Redskins are not looking too good at the moment either.

So we either root for the Packers or Vikings not to make the playoffs and we are in.

Packers magic # 2 losses (Vikings, Falcons, & Bears)
Vikings magic # 3 losses (Packers, Patriots, Bears, Packers
Panthers magic # 3 losses (Seahawks, Falcons, Saints, Saints)

If we handle our business & win all our games & go 11-5, mathematically we get in no matter what.

Is there a "prayer" that we get a Home game?

Latest posts