Wild Card Chances......

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
James in PA":6jhqkxsy said:
Here’s an interesting scenario. What if Dallas would totally choke (with them, anything is possible) and Philly wins that division? Would you rather have the Hawks play as a 5th seed at Philly with their “Foles magic?” Or play as a 6th seed at Chicago? I know most would probably rather face Philly, but that team just seems totally different with Foles. He seems to spark their entire team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we match up better against Dallas, and Philly with Foles IMO would a dangerous team in the playoffs. Experienced teams and QB's would be a much harder team to beat on the road then a team like Dallas that has a recent history of choking in the big moment.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And I'm not sure it's even close. Dallas is by far the best matchup. That team is incredibly inconsistent, and Dak is an average at best QB. They can be dangerous when they are on, have Zeke and Cooper, plus a solid D. But they flat out got shut out in Indy. Russ w/the Ball in the 4th quarter vs. Dak? It's not even close imo.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
minormillikin":12rzlany said:
The Rams are not helping... As usual

The Eagles conference record is so bad they're only chance to realistically make it is for the cowboys to lose out and them to win out, not going to happen

chris98251

Reaction score
Doesn't matter we lost to the 49ers and if you don't bring it every week any team can beat you. I will take what we get and enjoy it since it is a bonus and not expected really this year.

D

DomeHawk

West TX Hawk":1j3wnjqi said:
minormillikin":1j3wnjqi said:
I think the Seahawks can probably scrape together a home win against the Cardinals if needed.

Let’s hope so. We’ve lost at home to Arizona the last 3 years. The season’s coming down to the wire again.

I can easily see the whole thing going up in smoke with us losing out.

Hope not, but it is not that implausible.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1y1l28db said:
West TX Hawk":1y1l28db said:
minormillikin":1y1l28db said:
I think the Seahawks can probably scrape together a home win against the Cardinals if needed.

Let’s hope so. We’ve lost at home to Arizona the last 3 years. The season’s coming down to the wire again.

O Ye of Little Faith

sdog1981

Reaction score
If Houston and Tennesee win then the Hawks are in at 8 wins. We will know if the Hawks made the playoffs by 105PM local Seattle time.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2kx0bt8a said:
West TX Hawk":2kx0bt8a said:
minormillikin":2kx0bt8a said:

For the whole thing to go "up in smoke" we have to lose out, AND one of the NFC east teams would have to win out as well.

And Philly and Washington play each other so basically only one of those teams could conceivably do so anyway.

The chances are so slim its almost not even worth thinking about. :D But we probably will anyway :lol:

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
DomeHawk":21m05p3p said:
West TX Hawk":21m05p3p said:
minormillikin":21m05p3p said:

Haven't lost three in a row same season since 2011.

Polaris

Reaction score
Remember that Philadelphia and Washington play each other, and Seattle has the tiebreak over Minny, Philly, and Carolina. The only team we have to worry about losing tiebreaks on is Washington (Common Opponents) and even that won't happen if we beat Arizona.

The upshot is that if Philly and Washington both lose this weekend (and that seems likely given who they are playing), Seattle is still in excellent shape. Even if they don't, Seattle controls it's own destiny.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
James in PA":3c09jgww said:
Here’s an interesting scenario. What if Dallas would totally choke (with them, anything is possible) and Philly wins that division? Would you rather have the Hawks play as a 5th seed at Philly with their “Foles magic?” Or play as a 6th seed at Chicago? I know most would probably rather face Philly, but that team just seems totally different with Foles. He seems to spark their entire team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagles.

I don’t want us to play the Bears in Chicago if it’s avoidable.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True, the Bears are legit and the crap weather there would impact ANY team traveling to Chicago, not just the Hawks. Now the Cowboys are an average, very up and down team. Hawks are a better team overall and I like our chances a lot playing in Dallas.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":1398ayr7 said:
If Houston and Tennesee win then the Hawks are in at 8 wins. We will know if the Hawks made the playoffs by 105PM local Seattle time.

Not guaranteed. If Seattle and Washington were tied at 8-8 (with Washington losing to TN but beating Philly), they would also tie on the conference record (7-5) and common opponent (4-1) tiebreakers. Would then go to strength of victory.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still loving the fact that we play the night game on Sunday. Will have a lot more sorted out before we even start playing.