Wild Card Chances......

flufferd

Reaction score
HawksHawksHawks":16t56v9d said:
hawknation2018":16t56v9d said:
Seahawks improve to 7th in the standings with their win over the Packers.

Panthers and Vikings, two of our next three opponents, currently occupy what would be the Wild Card spots.

FiveThirtyEight gives the Seahawks a 37% chance to make the playoffs:
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/20 ... redictions

Precisely what I was about to post.

Let's hope they don't lay an egg against Carolina next week. Would love to see a low-scoring defensive win to put us in good shape for the late season stretch of home games.
4 home games we get Kendricks back before the Vikings game. Games against 49'ers and cardinals are really doable and the chiefs might have clinched a bye when we play them. If we win next week a wildcard seems very achievable.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn RNE-L21 met Tapatalk

themunn

Reaction score
Looking forward to us making the wildcard and ending the Redskins playoff run for the 4th time in 5 trips for them.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I'm liking the odds. Shutting down Mahomes will be a challenge, and Danielle Hunter is on a rip this season. It would make me the happiest fan on earth if we could make Mahomes look like a rookie!

Coxal

Reaction score
Win @Carolina is going to be really hard but I b3lieve in #3.

10-6 is possible (L will come @Panthers or vs. Chiefs) and it will be enough to witness a playoff game before we go home until september 2019 #championshipseason.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Coxal":3guqotcv said:
Win @Carolina is going to be really hard but I b3lieve in #3....
If the Panthers lay an egg like they did against the Steelers (52 points!)a win might be less than really hard.

Sunny days ahead.

sutz

Reaction score
We play Chiefs at end of Dec, right? They may have clinched by then. They might be resting starters. :twisted:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":3s21ik9m said:
We play Chiefs at end of Dec, right? They may have clinched by then. They might be resting starters. :twisted:

This is exactly what I was about to write.

IF we beat the Niners twice and Cards at home, then we have to pick up 1-2 games to have a shot at a WC.

@ Panthers? Probably Not
Home vs Vikings? Very possible
Home vs Chiefs? Tough game if Chiefs are playing for HFA or even to win their division if the Chargers keep rolling.

Gotta root like hell against whoever the Chargers are playing, and for the Chiefs to keep rolling so they have HFA locked up by week 15.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
I like the fact that we have some really tough games left on the schedule. One thing about this season--I came in with zero expectations and I feel like I have enjoyed watching the team fight through some really tough opponents. I think when it's all said and done, we are going to lament being SOOOO close in SOOOO many of the games from the first half.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1nh8hev9 said:
sutz":1nh8hev9 said:

This is exactly what I was about to write.

IF we beat the Niners twice and Cards at home, then we have to pick up 1-2 games to have a shot at a WC.

@ Panthers? Probably Not
Home vs Vikings? Very possible
Home vs Chiefs? Tough game if Chiefs are playing for HFA or even to win their division if the Chargers keep rolling.

Gotta root like hell against whoever the Chargers are playing, and for the Chiefs to keep rolling so they have HFA locked up by week 15.
That's a good point. I never considered what would happen if the KC clinches top NFC seed by the time we play them. That's suddenly a much less brutal game. After seeing what we did to GB -- basically a playoff game -- I'm feeling damn good about the fact that we play Carolina and Minn. We control our destiny, here, and we're getting hot and healthy and new system dialed in exactly at the right time. We get some playoff experience, then next year this young, hungry team fights for a top 2 seed in their own right. We could've beat LA in either of those game. We had a changing of the guard the last few years. THE GUARD CAN CHANGE AGAIN, YA'LL.

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TwilightError

Reaction score
Our main wild card rivals are panthers and Vikings. We have a game against both. Winning those both almost certainly puts us in a wild card position as we have three games against really weak division rivals left. 2x49ers and Cardinals. If we don’t win all three we are not a playoff team anyway.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Ask me about Wild Card chances after the Panthers and Vikings games, both are must win games for the team to squeak in.

This Packers game was a good start to a playoff run but some back to back to back Ws are needed now.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":3mgjedxk said:
I like the fact that we have some really tough games left on the schedule. One thing about this season--I came in with zero expectations and I feel like I have enjoyed watching the team fight through some really tough opponents. I think when it's all said and done, we are going to lament being SOOOO close in SOOOO many of the games from the first half.

It is kinda fun to watch the Next Generation of Seahawks on Defense make their way up the ladder. This season is kinda fun.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2jlltfvb said:
Ask me about Wild Card chances after the Panthers and Vikings games, both are must win games for the team to squeak in.

This Packers game was a good start to a playoff run but some back to back to back Ws are needed now.

I don’t see the Panthers game as a “must win.” Because it’s a 10 a.m. road game against a team that the Seahawks match up poorly against (strong run defense + running game that will give our defense problems), it’s the toughest remaining game.

I like our chances much better against Kansas City at home because the Chiefs defense has been so porous. The Vikings have had inconsistency issues on both offense and defense, and that game too is at home.

Even with a loss to the Panthers, I could see the Seahawks going on a roll in those final five games (four at home, where they can find their groove, and the other against the 49ers, whom the Seahawks have beaten nine-straight times).

If they can’t pull off the upset over Carolina, I would agree that every remaining game becomes a “must win.”

rcaido

Reaction score
Big week for us...

We beat the Packers

Panthers lose thanks for going for 2
Redskin lose
Bucs lose
Falcons lose
*Stealers lose bonus

All the teams that had to lose lost so far.

Now we need

Saints to beat Eagles
Bears to beat Vikings
Chiefs to beat Rams

*edit*
Maybe spoke to soon for the Stealers

Also Houston WTF, why would you not punt in that situation. Redskins might win now.

*edit*
I guess i waswrong about the stealers but oh well didn't affects with playoffs. That was close with the redskins

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
rcaido":3uzodpon said:
Big week for us...

We beat the Packers

Panthers lose thanks for going for 2
Redskin lose
Bucs lose
Falcons lose
*Stealers lose bonus Oops...Nevermind.....

All the teams that had to lose lost so far.

Now we need

Saints to beat Eagles
Bears to beat Vikings
Chiefs to beat Rams

*edit*
Maybe spoke to soon for the Stealers

Also Houston WTF, why would you not punt in that situation. Redskins might win now.

FIFY

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1f98xyq7 said:

9-7 could/should be enough the way things are going.

Take care of the Cardinals and 9ers and get one of Panthers, Vikings, Chiefs and, with some scoreboard help, might be enough

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3cl0txly said:
jammerhawk":3cl0txly said:

9-7 could/should be enough the way things are going

There could be several teams in that range. I hope we hold the tiebreakers over them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3vpw65iz said:
Uncle Si":3vpw65iz said:
jammerhawk":3vpw65iz said:

9-7 could/should be enough the way things are going

There could be several teams in that range. I hope we hold the tiebreakers over them.

I think Bears/Vikings is the pair to watch. Really, one needs to assume control and the other can fade